TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Paul Stanley

Concert Review

I went to the Quest in Minneapolis for this concert on Tuesday night, rainy night.

We arrived there at like 6:15 and there was still a line, we kept moving foward and i kept seeing people with dissapointed looks on their faces walk out of the line, reason was is that the concert sold out and there was no more available tickets, tough break kids.

mewithoutYou was already playing when i walked in, they were good, played about 20mins.

I went upstairs to the 21+ only section and they had closed-circuit TV for all the performances, so i sat down on the couches and waited.

dredg was next, and i swear to god that it took about 30mins to set up their set (they only played 20-25mins) but they were hella awesome, "Bug Eyes" is a pretty good song and i met their lead singer afterwards as he was walking around.

Blood Brothers came on, and it was the most horrible 45mins of my life. They sounded like two cats in heat but worse, much worse. I couldn't understand what either of them was saying and my eardrums about popped, one of the singers said "this is our last song..." and half of the crowd clapped, then after it (8mins after mind you) he said "you know fucking what, we're gonna play some more" which really pissed people off.

Coheed was next, due to the Quest's small stage none of the stage props were used, oh well. They played amazingly, Final Cut went on for about 15mins. Setlist was: Always & Never, Welcome Home, Ten Speed, Delirium Trigger, Blood Red Summer, Favor House, Wake Up, Suffering, Willing Well 1 and 2, Everything Evil, Final Cut. It was awesome, Claudio was wasted.

the blood brothers are so bad. i have friends who love them. they told me to watch kimmel when they were on. stanley's interpretation isn't off base. some of those fags dress like the fucking scissor sisters. but they try to act hardcore & scream. but theyre emo. screamo. i hate that term. fuck do they suck.

I bet I have worse musical taste than Paul Stanley. He loves hair metal, much like I do. But I bet he doesn't own any Vanilla Ice nu-metal CDs.

Blood Brothers came on, and it was the most horrible 45mins of my life. They sounded like two cats in heat but worse, much worse. I couldn't understand what either of them was saying and my eardrums about popped, one of the singers said "this is our last song..." and half of the crowd clapped, then after it (8mins after mind you) he said "you know fucking what, we're gonna play some more" which really pissed people off.

My friend went to the concert Sunday night and described pretty much what you just said. Also said that C&C puts on such an amazing show that he didn't think anyone could see it and not like them.

I bet I have worse musical taste than Paul Stanley.  He loves hair metal, much like I do.  But I bet he doesn't own any Vanilla Ice nu-metal CDs.

It could be worse.....at least you don't own a Blood Brothers album.