TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Legal alternative to torrents...

iTunes 6.0 released today. You can download episodes of any hit TV show. Episodes are $1.99. The complete first season of Lost is $35.00.

This coincides with the release of the new 5th generation iPod that plays videos.

Apple, taking over the world one day at a time.

That's awesome. Assuming the video quality will be good (i think it will).

Through the new version of iTunes, consumers will be able to buy TV shows, in addition to music. Shows available for purchase one day after broadcast will include ABC television offerings "Lost," "Desperate Housewives" and "That's So Raven." It will take 10 to 20 minutes to download an episode, said Jobs. Each will cost $1.99 and will be ad-free.

LOST episodes the day after? Nice. I might even use it sparingly, like with iTunes i sometimes just buy the song if i dont want to go through the hassle of finding the torrent or wading through corrupt limewire files,but i only do it sometimes. if ya cant find a good seed it might be worth it to use. 1.99 aint much if its every now and then.

Well - I think one of the really cool things about this is that these videos are transferrable to your iPod. If you have a 30-40 minute bus/train commute you can knock out an episode of your favorite TV show on your way to work. Amazing.

The bad news Apple put out today was they upgraded and revamped the iMac G5, about 4 months after I bought mine. It's still at $1699 meaning that I could have had a better computer for the same price. Oh well. Damn Apple is always upgrading everything.