TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest *KNK*

Ring of Honor 10.14.05-Cleveland Results

Guest *KNK*

1) CLAUDIO CASTAGNOLI d. NIGEL MCGUINNESS in a non-title match

2) RICKY REYES d. MATT STRYKER

3) TONY MAMALUKE & SAL RINAURO d. B.J. WHITMER & JIMMY JACOBS to retain the ROH World Tag Team titles

4) RODERICK STRONG d. JIMMY YANG

5) COLT CABANA & STEVE CORINO d. HOMICIDE & LOW-KI

*Corino cut a pre-match promo dressed as CM PUNK and did a speech/list of people WWE killed and they wanted to do a 10 bell salute to Punk but Vince McMahon owns the rights to that, so they had to do 3 bell salute instead.*

6) BOBBY DEMPSEY & PELLE PRIMEAU AND SHANE HAGADORN & DAVEY ANDREWS wrestled to a no contest

*Abyss came out and destroyed the students*

7) ABYSS d. Jack Evans

8) SAMOA JOE & JAY LETHAL d. JIMMY RAVE & ALEX SHELLEY

9) BRYAN DANIELSON d. AUSTIN ARIES to retain the ROH World title

Guest Biggles

The Corino stuff sounds hilarious, but I'm not sure if I like the direction they're going with all the WWE-bashing. It's cheap, overdone, and smacks of "indy elitism" that turns a lot of people off.

I've heard really good things about the Joe/Lethal vs Rave/Shelley tag, and I can't wait to see it. Even though I'm not sold on the idea of ROH having a commissioner, the focus on the legal man rules seems to be the first change for the better that was implemented by Cornette.

By list of people WWE killed, did it mean careers or actual lives (Owen Hart, etc.)? If it's lives, that is going just a little bit too far. And what exactly does Corino have to do with Punk? I doubt WWE would let Punk come back to do an extended feud or anything.

Guest *KNK*
By list of people WWE killed, did it mean careers or actual lives (Owen Hart, etc.)?  If it's lives, that is going just a little bit too far.  And what exactly does Corino have to do with Punk?  I doubt WWE would let Punk come back to do an extended feud or anything.

Careers obviously. Punk and Corino have always had a long standing prank rivalry between the two.

A classic line from CM PUNK

"People compare me with Steve Corino but I actually work out".

Guest JebusNassedar
Ugh, kinda sounds like TNA.

Yeah. Gradually, TNA have stolen all the ROH guys to try and con the ROHbots into buying their PPVs. If you get over in Ring Of Honor, it's a free ticket to TNA nowadays.

If this means Double C gets national exposure, I'm all for it.

Hell, I wouldn't mind him in WWE, as long as he got to do the "AY!"s.

Claudio would be brilliant in the WWE. He's not a huge musclehead but he's in awesome shape...he's got an instant, cheap-heat gimmick. He's entertaining. He isn't 'too flippy'. Claudio's probably got a good chance of getting over in the WWE. Him and maybe Cabana.

I think Colt Cabana works in Ring of Honor because their is talent there that he can work and do his comedy-style throughout the match, whereas in WWE he wouldn't have enough time to do any comedy between getting his ass kicked by Hardcore Holly.

And I think the "Ugh, kinda sounds like TNA" comment was directed towards the Steve Corino attack at WWE. Not the entire show in general.