TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ZGangsta

I'M THE GODDAMN #1 BOOK

From Newsarama. You can see the full charts there.

Looks like the critical disdain for ASBAR hasn't slowed sales, and it seems that the New Avengers experiment has been a resounding success. Wonder if that will maintain for the upcoming years.

Publisher | Dollar Share | Unit Share

MARVEL COMICS | 38.81% | 44.17%

DC COMICS | 36.16% | 37.50%

DARK HORSE COMICS | 5.04% | 3.50%

IMAGE COMICS | 3.52% | 3.53%

Book ranks (top 10):

1. ALL STAR BATMAN & ROBIN BOY WONDER #2

2. NEW AVENGERS #10*

3. HOUSE OF M #6 (Of 8)*

4. NEW AVENGERS #11

5. SUPERMAN BATMAN #22

6. SUPERGIRL #2

7. ULTIMATES 2 #8

8. GHOST RIDER #1 (Of 6)*

9. JLA #119

10. OMAC PROJECT #6 (Of 6)

First non DC/Marvel title is RED SONJA #2 at 37.

Well we will have to see where ASBAR falls after that shitty second issue. I think quite a few people will drop it, I know I am.

From Newsarama. You can see the full charts there.

Looks like the critical disdain for ASBAR hasn't slowed sales, and it seems that the New Avengers experiment has been a resounding success. Wonder if that will maintain for the upcoming years.

Anything's possible. The Miller/Lee was guaranteed to move product for the first few issues. And with Frank Cho drawing a story arc for New Avengers, I'm sure it'll still sell well...

It seems any title with Jim Lee drawing will do huge business nowadays, even Superman. Add beloved Frank Miller to the mix and you have a sure-fire hit, no matter what, even if Miller hasn't delivered anything good in a long while (not named Sin City or 300.) He seems to mostly go by on reputation these days.

Despite being hated on by a very vocal internet fanbase, New Avengers keeps bringing the numbers sales-wise. Bendis sells comics, wether you like it or not.

Despite being hated on by a very vocal internet fanbase, New Avengers keeps bringing the numbers sales-wise. Bendis sells comics, wether you like it or not.

Which is sad because it really does have some of the shittiest artwork and nonsensical writing I've seen in a non-mutant book in quite some time.

From Newsarama.com:

All-Star Batman #2 posted sales of 178,600 copies to easily lead the list. That is a 31% drop from the 261,000 copies the first issue sold two months ago. As a bimonthly, retailers may have had a somewhat easier job of gauging second-issue demand than they normally have on monthlies, Miller said. “The third issue will absolutely reflect how well those 261,000 copies sold through — although, of course, the first issue of title did also make the #1 spot as well in the retailer reports published in CBG and Comics and Games Retailer.”

I think 31% decline from the previous issue (even if it is a #1) is a pretty sharp drop, but what the hell do I know. Is it that common to drop this much or what?

Here are the actual sales figures.

Edit: Those are the August figures. Sorry, my bad.