TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 10/20 - 10/22

I have no problem with the BCS. I like the bowl system, and like the fact that the #1 and #2 teams get matched up so stuff like 1994 and 1997 don't happen.

You mean deserving #2 teams like FSU in '00, Nebraska in '01 or OU in '03... right?

Aside from '03, there was a clear number 1 every year and the "controversy" was basically about what team would job to them in the title game. LSU in 03 is the only BCS Champ that wasn't unamimously regarded as the top team by the time the season ended.

What about last year with Auburn?

Also, the funny thing with '03: the split national championship... the very thing the BCS was created to prevent.

That alone should have Old Yeller'd it

Ok i think that Hester's return against Temple and the one that was called back were better than Bush's run just now. And on top of that the run was more UW incompetence than Bush being awesome.

The SEC is also similar in both football and basketball. In both the games are usually boring, low scoring, and ugly to watch.

To truly kill the BCS what is needed is 4 really major teams from big conferences to go undefeated. Then we'll see the shit hit the fan. Last year Auburn was dicked but Utah wasn't considered notable enough to raise the ire of critics.

For instance this year it'd be possible for USC, Texas, Va Tech, and either Georgia or Bama out of the SEC to all go unbeaten. Texas doesn't really have much left of note though while Va Tech has to play Miami and likely FSU. If they win those, could it be possible that they leap over Texas even if the Longhorns don't lose?

The SEC is also similar in both football and basketball.  In both the games are usually boring, low scoring, and ugly to watch.

To truly kill the BCS what is needed is 4 really major teams from big conferences to go undefeated.  Then we'll see the shit hit the fan.  Last year Auburn was dicked but Utah wasn't considered notable enough to raise the ire of critics.

For instance this year it'd be possible for USC, Texas, Va Tech, and either Georgia or Bama out of the SEC to all go unbeaten.  Texas doesn't really have much left of note though while Va Tech has to play Miami and likely FSU.  If they win those, could it be possible that they leap over Texas even if the Longhorns don't lose?

I'd hope so. I really really really don't want Texas in the Rose. Imagine how USC dismantled what I think was a superior Big 12 team last year in OU. Now Texas? Please...

Wow, looks like my 9-7 prediction might have been too high-scoring for Alabama and Tennessee. They're still scoreless with 6:00 left in the third.

Huge play by the Tide defense. To be honest, I think a TD would have ended it the way the Alabama offense has been playing today.

That was a man's game. :)

To be honest I think Texas would fare quite a bit better than OU did vs. USC last year. Christ, could they possibly fare much worse than 55-19? Besides, I don't think USC is quite as strong as they were last year, at least on D they aren't.

After that Tenn/Bama game just now I have a sick desire to see USC go against Bama. Has USC really had to play anyone with suffocating defense of late?

Guest Vitamin X

Even though Texas won today, Cody Hodges > Vince Young as a pro quarterback. Mark my words. Cody's done more with less, and relies on his smarts and arm more than his legs.

That was a man's game.  :)

To be honest I think Texas would fare quite a bit better than OU did vs. USC last year.  Christ, could they possibly fare much worse than 55-19?  Besides, I don't think USC is quite as strong as they were last year, at least on D they aren't.

After that Tenn/Bama game just now I have a sick desire to see USC go against Bama.  Has USC really had to play anyone with suffocating defense of late?

Bush has grown more as a running back. Last year he was purely the 3rd down back/returner. They are definitely better than last year, regardless of their scores.

OU this year=teh suck~!

Anyway I don't think VATech will leap Texas.

Texas is closer to USC in the rankings than VATech is to Texas and Georgia is dangerously close to VATech.

What rank did GA start the season at?

They were saying LSU is the team that came the from the farthest back in the opening BCS to win the National Title. What did OU start at in the BCS in 2000?

STANFORD~ beats Arizona State 45-35 and it wasn't even that close. See they were just trying to make people they sucked by losing UC Davis, ya that's it. Bruins are going down next week!