TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO 10/22 iMPACT! Thread

TNA's released the official preview for this week's Impact, so I decided to go ahead and create the OAO thread, ~SPOILER FREE of course. Here's the preview:

SATURDAY ON “iMPACT!” ON SPIKE TV AT 11PM ET

One night before “Bound For Glory” next Sunday on PPV!

The intensity will reach a whole new level Saturday night on “iMPACT!” on Spike TV at 11PM ET, less than 24 hours before the live “Bound For Glory” Pay-Per-View on Sunday night! All of your favorite TNA stars will be a part of the final “iMPACT!” before “Bound For Glory” which will be the biggest weekend in TNA Wrestling history. The huge lineup for Saturday’s “iMPACT!” is as follows:

6-MAN MAYHEM MAIN EVENT

NWA World Heavyweight Champion Jeff Jarrett, “The Alpha Male” Monty Brown and “The Monster” Abyss vs. X Division Champion “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles, “The Charismatic Enigma” Jeff Hardy and Lance Hoyt

Some of the biggest stars in TNA Wrestling will compete in six-man one match this Saturday night on “iMPACT!” just hours before the Pay-Per-View! In addition, all three TNA champions will be in action on the final “iMPACT!” before “Bound For Glory” as Championship Committee member Larry Zbyszko has ordered the following bout:

THE FIRST TNA TITLE MATCH ON SPIKETV – NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE NATURALS vs. AMERICA’S MOST WANTED

Longtime enemies will collide again this Saturday night, marking the first TNA title defense on SpikeTV, as NWA World Tag Team Champions The Naturals defend the gold against America’s Most Wanted! Can The Naturals win another battle in the ongoing war between the two teams, or will AMW walk into “Bound For Glory” as the new champions? Tune in and find out!

THE SPIKETV DEBUT OF “THE SAMOAN SUBMISSION MACHINE” SAMOA JOE vs. “PRIMETIME” ELIX SKIPPER

The unstoppable “Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe makes his “iMPACT!” debut on SpikeTV on Saturday night, taking on TNA X Division star and Diamonds In The Rough member “Primetime” Elix Skipper! With his match against Jushin “Thunder” Liger less than 24 hours later at the Pay-Per-View, can Samoa Joe successfully make it past “Primetime”?

3LIVE KRU’S RON “THE TRUTH” KILLINGS vs. TEAM CANADA’S ENFORCER BOBBY ROODE

The war between The 3Live Kru and Team Canada continues to heat up on “iMPACT!” on Saturday night, with 3LK’s Ron “The Truth” Killings facing the Team Canada enforcer Bobby Roode! The question is, will the members of their respective groups get involved in the bout? Will Team Canada’s tactics come into play, or will the 3LK win this battle? Tune in and see!

ALL THIS AND MUCH MORE ON SATURDAY’S “iMPACT!” ON SPIKETV AT 11 PM ET – JUST HOURS BEFORE SUNDAY’S “BOUND FOR GLORY”!

credit: TNAWrestling.com

I think this is a pretty good line-up for Impact. This is the first time we don't get an ~OMG HIGHSPOTS!~ match-up, but I don't think that'll hurt this show. The six man should be fun times, Joe's going to wow us in killing Skipper, and AMW/Naturals have yet to have a bad match IMO (the surreal atmosphere right after Candido's death did hurt the Hard Justice match, but that was through no fault of the workers). I'd say that's a pretty amazing feat, considering that even AMW and XXX, who worked probably the 2 of the top 5 matches in the history of the company had an off night at Victory Road. And call me crazy, but I think Truth and Roode can deliver a solid 5-8 minute match. The crowd will be into it, that's for sure. All in all, should make for a good show. Thoughts?

Well, for the old audience, they never officially turned Monty face. However, since the debut on Spike, they've pushed him as a face, so who knows what was going on in the booking of this match.

Brown is moreless a tweener right now - he's been bitching about getting screwed over by Jarrett for months now (for not getting a title shot when he helped him way back when) yet he is still working against the faces most of the time.

Looking forward to tonite's show - on a side note, does anyone have Dish Network? If so there is some 3 hour TNA special building to the ppv tomorrow at 7pm ET tonite on one of the sports tier channels. Not sure what it is, could just be a preshow that loops every 30 minutes or every hour. WWE normally has "free" shows like this building to most of their major ppvs too during the days before the actual ppv.

Guest MikeSC

I'll go ahead and get in on this first.

--- Better than last week

--- They need 2 hours.

--- So much better than the WWE's offerings.

--- The comedy was friggin' hilarious.

--- I feel energy with this program. I don't with the WWE.

--- Spike should give them a prime time slot.

OK, did I miss any of the usual cliches?

Guest cosbywasmurdered

Trolling before the show starts. Mike is in a league of his own.

Guest MikeSC

No, just getting the jump on the same reaction the show gets every week. Call it "recognizing patterns"

Guest Rubin
I'll go ahead and get in on this first.

--- Better than last week

--- They need 2 hours.

--- So much better than the WWE's offerings.

--- The comedy was friggin' hilarious.

--- I feel energy with this program. I don't with the WWE.

--- Spike should give them a prime time slot.

OK, did I miss any of the usual cliches?

LMAO! So true! But if you think this place is bad you should see the personal TNA fan board. Probably the biggest collection of morons you'll find anywhere on the internet.

Guest cosbywasmurdered

It was a squash. It wasn't supposed to be great. All it had to do was establish that Joe hurts people, which is what it did.

Guest MikeSC

Wow, AMW's new gimmick is that they bloody people. Too bad the match just didn't work. I've never been fond of AMW v Naturals --- that has yet to change.

I don't think that match was overbooked enough. I understand AMW are supposed to be dastardly heels, but I really hate the way TNA feels the need to go 10 steps further than necessary to get a point across.

Guest SicknessSoPure

If Skipper would have gotten more offense on Joe,people would have cried that TNA is making Joe look weak.

About Joe/Skipper, I know it was a squash to make Joe look awesome, but I dunno, I just wasn't feeling it at all. Maybe it's because I was a huge Skipper fan back in WCW, I don't know. I do like Joe though, and he is indeed a monster.

So Ultimate X on Spike TV soon? I wonder if they'll have that on the two hour special.

Guest Evolution

For some reason, I really liked Roode crotching Killings and then quickly knocking him down to the mat, as opposed to the usual just crotching him and soaking in the moment of someone's testicles being crushed.

EDIT: 3LK shit aside, Roode/Killings was well done. Wait...Bound for Glory is tomorrow?!?! Boo. Can't get off work.

Has he actually done anything bad in the past, or are they just worried that he will?

Also, how in the hell have they stretched this angle out for so long? Have they done it just so it can climax on this TV show where more fans would be watching?

Guest Rubin

So they actually said Ultimate X is coming soon to Spike TV? How stupid can they be?! They're trying to sell this match for what they're saying will be the big event PPV. Yet, they announce right before the PPV that it will be featured for free soon. UM, you make an announcement like this after the PPV is over and done with.