TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

More news on the TNA 2 Hour Special

Well I'm saying have Raven come out, take the guitar away from Jarrett, distracting him enough for Rhino to hit the gore and take the win. Then after the match Raven turns on Rhino and joins Jarrett (cause since Raven wants the title, he doesn't want Jarrett to have it, but he's willing to join Jarrett because that's the easiest way to get his title since joining Rhino would mean he'd never get a shot at it). The most exciting way to have this come off is by having the match break down into a bit of a clusterfuck with Team Canada, AMW, Dudleys, etc all in there and brawling on the outside and then having Raven come in the ring when its cleared. That way you can still justify having a cage match, get a winner, and have the Raven turn.

Eh...personally, I think the next time Raven wins the belt, it should be from around Jarrett's waist. Would make the match seem THAT MUCH better, IMO, seeing the finish we all wanted and were utterly denied at Destiny.

One thing I recommend doing on this 2 hour special (hell, start doing it on the next Impact) is get some mic time for X Division guys like Shelley, Aries, Dutt, Sabin, etc.

I'm not saying they all need mic time right this second, but they need to develop some kind of personality for these guys or else they just end up as faceless cruiser guys who kick ass in the ring, but why do we care if they win or lose? They don't even need a lot of mic time, hell, a couple of lines right after a hard fought match can go a long way in determining whether a guy like Rod Strong is a face or heel. Right now, him and a lot of X Division guys are in character purgatory.

The big quandry with the belt on Rhino is the biggest matches TNA can do right now all involve Jarrett as heel champ defending against Raven, Brown, or Samoa Joe.

What can you do with Rhino? Raven/Rhino?

I know some people won't like this, but Jarrett has to get the belt back ASAP. This would be one time I'd advocate doing a Dusty finish (i.e. Tito Oritz turns heel and says Jarrett should have been DQed so he's reversing his decision, etc).

That's always been the way it is with the X-Division, though. Like, there were clear-cut faces and heels for a brief period (the faces being Jerry Lynn, Red, Los Maximos, and Styles; the heels being Kid Kash, Christopher Daniels, Elix Skipper, and LowKi), but after that...yeah. Just sorta hit purgatory.

I wish TNA management didn't hate Kid Kash, and vice versa. The Notorious K-I-D ruled (well, I've made my Kash markdom known very well) as he had consistently good matches and got over that he was a complete heel while STILL doing some amazing spots that would make the fans cheer for him, but then boo him as soon as he went back to being his prick self.

Guest Coffey
Well I'm saying have Raven come out, take the guitar away from Jarrett, distracting him enough for Rhino to hit the gore and take the win. Then after the match Raven turns on Rhino and joins Jarrett (cause since Raven wants the title, he doesn't want Jarrett to have it, but he's willing to join Jarrett because that's the easiest way to get his title since joining Rhino would mean he'd never get a shot at it). The most exciting way to have this come off is by having the match break down into a bit of a clusterfuck with Team Canada, AMW, Dudleys, etc all in there and brawling on the outside and then having Raven come in the ring when its cleared. That way you can still justify having a cage match, get a winner, and have the Raven turn.

That'd work. Although, admittedly, if I didn't know how it was all going to play out in the end, I'd probably be pissed off to see Raven join Jarrett.

EDIT: Oops, forgot to quote RRR.

I wish TNA management didn't hate Kid Kash, and vice versa. The Notorious K-I-D ruled (well, I've made my Kash markdom known very well) as he had consistently good matches and got over that he was a complete heel while STILL doing some amazing spots that would make the fans cheer for him, but then boo him as soon as he went back to being his prick self.

Does anyone outside of the fans like him? Seems like everywhere he goes, he pisses off management.

Raven and Jarrett isn't a friendship/buddy thing like what traditionally happens in the WWE. Raven hates Jarrett and vice versa, they just work together for the greater cause. The subtext is that they each believe the greater cause is themselves, which makes the pairing not very long for this world. Once either of them manages to take the gold, they'll soon betray the each other... in theory, of course :)

I can't see Rhino holding the title beyond January, at most. A Rhino/Monty Brown feud as a transition to Monty Browns title challenge would work well, Imo (I don't know if they have done a Gore vs. Pounce angle yet).

not sure how to do spoiler tags so I'm just gonna say pwinsider has the result of tonight's Ultimate X...I can at least say it went smoothly

then here we go (from pwinsider.com):

Pre-Taping Notes: The Ultimate X rematch from the Bound for Glory PPV will open the Primetime Special. TNA has the X hanging from the ropes with several small chains to prevent a repeat of Sunday's PPV malfunction. ... TNA execs Dixie Carter & Frank Dickerson are sitting ringside, as is Jamie D who won the TNA Gutcheck Challenge earlier in the year. Carter spent time talking to ringside fans before the taping. ... Sean Waltman is backstage. ... Before the taping, Jeremy Borash asked how many first timers were in the house and a huge percentage raised their hands..

*Before they went on the air, the Spike TV general manager was introduced as he was sitting with TNA execs at ringside.

*Mike Tenay and Don West taped several segments previewing the primetime Impact including one featuring Jeff Jarrett announcing he would challenge Rhino for the NWA title.

*In an Ultimate X match, Petey Williams defeated Matt Bentley and Chris Sabin. Really fun match. Some insane spots and a catfight spot with Traci Brooks and Scott D'Amore. It's Williams vs AJ Styles for the X-Division title at the Genesis PPV.

*Backstage, Team Canada attacked 3 Live Kru.

RRR, that's EXACTLY what I've been thinking that they should do. Raven should float between the two factions for a while before turning and joining JJ for the power and a chance to get back his title. After that, its a race to see which guy can stab the other in the back first. Maybe have them compete in a tag match together. But to me, that's a great way to restart the Jarrett/Raven fued, culminating with a singles match down the road and Raven finally getting his win over JJ.

Guest P-Any
What we know about the prime time special is it will have a Rhino vs. Jeff Jarrett NWA title match rematch, a rematch of Sunday's Ultimate X with Petey Williams vs. Chris Sabin vs. Matt Bentley and Team 3-D vs. Team Canada. The original plan for Samoa Joe vs. Sabin was changed due to wanting to rematch Sunday's Ultimate X because of the match ending early and the screwed up finish.

Thoughts? Complaints? Issues?

Ryno shouldn't have the strap to begin with. He is a novelty at best, he is only worth watching when he is in Hardcore matches. I agree he shouldn't drop it TOO soon cuz then that just makes the belt look whack BUT he shouldn't have a LONG run either.

Guest P-Any
Raven and Jarrett isn't a friendship/buddy thing like what traditionally happens in the WWE.  Raven hates Jarrett and vice versa, they just work together for the greater cause.  The subtext is that they each believe the greater cause is themselves, which makes the pairing not very long for this world.  Once either of them manages to take the gold, they'll soon betray the each other... in theory, of course :)

I can't see Rhino holding the title beyond January, at most.  A Rhino/Monty Brown feud as a transition to Monty Browns title challenge would work well, Imo (I don't know if they have done a Gore vs. Pounce angle yet).

That's a good point. That is how it was with JJ and Monty Brown too.

JJ vs. Rhino: Good idea, but Rhino needs to go over CLEAN. TNA's constant problem has been that the title matches always end screwy (mostly b/c that's how JJ matches are always booked). We need to know what Raven and Monty think about this, and maybe they should get a little involved, but Rhino HAS to come out strong here. After looking invincible at BFG, Rhino shouldn't just drop the belt back to JJ under any circumstance.

See this is the thing that I hate more about Jarrett than anything else, including his stale promos claiming he's King of the Mountain. It's the finishes of his matches. They end with one or all of the following: ref bumps, guitar shots, run-ins, non-sensical turns. Thing is, because Jarrett is a heel, it's acceptable that he wins in cheating fashion. Problem is, he won't lay down clean and when he jobs, it's just as screwy as his wins. However, the face doesn't get over that way. (case in point, Jarrett jobbing to AJ in June because Tito Ortiz beat Jarrett, not AJ)

And that is a major failing of TNA right now. Jarrett shound win more matches clean and more importantly, lose clean too. During the ending of the title match, I was wondering if I was time-warping back to WCW when Jarrett had the title. I'm not saying that he has to win every match without interference or the obligatory guitar shot, but hell, he shouldn;t win every match WITH them, either.

Don Muraco was one of the nastiest heels of his time and he didn't win by outside interference all of the time.

But in WCW (when I actually liked Jarrett a lot) he never held the title for long. His reigns, and yes, I remember these, were 8 days, 8 days again, 1 day and approximately 1 and a half months.

EDIT: You guys (mostly Coffey) are talking about Jarrett getting DQ'ed to keep the title if he gets it back, etc. Doesn't TNA havea rule that a title changes hands on a disqualification?