TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HollywoodSpikeJenkins

PROMO: "Hey Tiger. It's me, Mary Jane."

‘Hello… sunshine.’

“TOXX!?”

‘I see your grasp of the obvious hasn’t changed.’

Spike stands there, listening to the familiar British accent coming through the handset. It certainly wasn’t something he’d ever expected to hear again.

‘So I’m sitting here in Nottingham watching me TV, keepin’ an eye on the old place, and what do I see? I see ‘Hollywood’ Spike Jenkins in a position to wrestle for the World Title. And show after show, I see him stinking up my TV and losing to midcarder after midcarder. Manson, MANSON for God’s sake, near enough killed you. Spike; you suck, and it’s official mate.’

“You know what, Toxx? Fuck you. Fuck you and-”

‘Spike, shut up a listen for a second. You are the longest-reigning Cruiserweight Champion of all time. You and Sean ended the reigns of Hollywood Boulevard, who were the longest-reigning tag champions of all time. And at 13th Hour you beat me in a Last Man Standing match. You kept me down for a ten count, which no-one has done before or since. When you were part of the Revolution, you won. And when you were coming after me… you won.’

Spike just stands there, not even realising that he’s nodding.

‘I faced Tom Flesher, and I beat him. You faced Tom Flesher, and you beat him. I faced you, and I beat you. And then we faced off again, and you beat me. I faced El Luchador Magnifico, and I beat him…’

There is a brief pause, in which Spike hears a breathy snort; Toxxic’s usual excuse for a laugh.

‘…can you see where I’m going with this? Or have your wits disappeared along with your wrestling ability?’

“You’re saying I’m better than this?” Spike asks, still not quite ready to believe that in his own backhanded way his former mentor and more recent enemy is paying him a compliment. “You’re saying that I can beat El Luchador Magnifico? That I can become World Champion?”

‘Easy tiger; I’m saying you can, not that you will. And to be honest I’m not sure if I’m ready for Spike Jenkins, World Champion… but that don’t matter. What I’m saying, Spike, is that you are capable of giving him a bloody good fight, and I for one hope you do.’

“Toxx-”

‘cos a) I’m gonna be paying out my hard-earned cash to watch this bloody PPV, and b) if you beat me and then choke in the main event a few months later it ain’t gonna do much for my self esteem. So give him a few bruises at least, for Christ’s sake.’

“Toxx,” Spike begins, then falls silent.

‘What?’

“You know that Last Man Standing match?”

‘Yeah?’

“…I shouldn’t have stopped hitting you when I did.”

There’s a pause for a second or so. Then Toxxic laughs again, and in his mind’s eye Jenkins sees that familiar lopsided grin.

‘Spike, you’re still a cunt. Nice one, sunshine. If you ever drop by the UK make sure you let me know so I can have them deport you. But right now this is caning my phone bill, so let’s leave the happy reminiscing, shall we?’

“I-”

‘Laters.’

*click*

Sign in to follow this