TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Failed Bridge

Low Carb snacks

With the Good Lifting Plan thread doing well and others looking to possibly change their diet I thought we could could share some good low carb snacks.

Pepperoni - I get bags of sliced pepperoni and they have absolutely zero carbs. Its a nice spicy food to have.

Whole Pickles - a 28ounce dill pickle has 1g of carbs in it. These are guilty pleasures of mine.

Unsalted air-popped popcorn - a 1cup serving with butter is only 4.6g of carbs

But pepperoni does have quite a bit of fat, correct? I believe that any salted meat contains a fair amount of sodium (hence the adjective, "salted") which causes one to retain water.

I really hope I'm wrong on both counts, though, 'cause I love me some pepperoni.

Guest Coffey

The pepperoni slices are a good idea. Other snacks I like are string cheese, rolled lunchmeat (like chicken, turkey or ham) and cheese chunks. I eat a lot of bacon when on Atkins. If you have a George Foreman grill (which, unfortuantely, I don't) chicken breasts are your best friend.

Celery and olives aren't bad either but they won't fill you up. They're like, just more stuff to have on the side.

As I said about the pepperoni, with some of those things, you'll retain a lot of water weight, which will make you weigh more, obviously, and feel fat and bloated. Maybe that's just me, though.

Asfor the chicken breasts, grill those on the Foreman grill with some seasoned salt (just a little bit) for taste, and they're delectable. High in protein, too.

Why the hell do *you* even worry about your weight, Matt? You're pretty skinny from whatever photographs I've seen of you on here.

I'm usually not very concious of much other than fat content. I probably intake far too much sodium for my own good though.

Oh, I'm not trying to lose weight at all. But I have a gym membership now, and to add muscle, I need to eat a good amount of food. I simply want to ensure that I do it correctly so that the weight I add will be muscle and not fat. I was fat from age 7-19, so I don't want to suffer through that again. It's the main reason I have self-esteem and self-image issues.

Much the same with me. I was quite overweight when I was young, but couldn't put on weight now if I tried. I have a metabolism like an Olympic sprinter.

Did your metabolism just kick in, or did you do some kind of program to lose your weight?

Much the same with me. I was quite overweight when I was young, but couldn't put on weight now if I tried. I have a metabolism like an Olympic sprinter.

Did your metabolism just kick in, or did you do some kind of program to lose your weight?

Actually, after a bad breakup, I went a long time without eating much at all and lost 50 pounds. Since then, I've watched what I've eaten and I believe my metabolism is higher, as well. That, I'll find out for sure when I see how much weight I can gain by working out.