TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fro

Christian Debut Promo

Just watched it. Great promo and he just seemed like that big unwashed-up star that TNA needed. He can easily feud with Monty and Abyss as well as they don't want a new guy ruining their chances of a title shot in the future.

Christian did great, but a couple of things. Tenay says things that either shouldn't be said or at the wrong time.

"He decided to go back to his Canadian roots and go by his original wrestling name"

That sounded stupid to me. He should have just said "He's decided to wrestle under his full name".

"This place is deafening!"

No it isn't. The crowd is completely silent awaiting to hear what Christian had to say.

Roode still needs some work too on the mic. I thought the nose-to-nose part was unnessecary since they had no previous interaction and thus there was no real conflict between the two.

Guest *KNK*
Christian did great, but a couple of things. Tenay says things that either shouldn't be said or at the wrong time.

"He decided to go back to his Canadian roots and go by his original wrestling name"

That sounded stupid to me. He should have just said "He's decided to wrestle under his full name".

I was fine with the whole roots thing, seeing it as a shot at WWE to say "We're letting him be who he really is". The whole "Canadian" thing made no sense whatsoever.

I was fine with the whole roots thing, seeing it as a shot at WWE to say "We're letting him be who he really is". The whole "Canadian" thing made no sense whatsoever.

the "Canadian thing" is that he was on a Canada team in the E with Test and Chris Jericho not to mention that he is ORIGINALLY from Canada and he worked and is good friends with D'Amore

Sounds like a good debut. I'm starting to think that "Cage" could really be TNA's biggest star..... BUT, they'll ruin him if they job him out to Jarrett (which, let's be honest, is entirely possible). They'll collide at some point in the future, hopefully after Jarrett loses the title to Monty. And hopefully JJ will put him over clean.

In no way should we get TOO happy about Christian's debut and ushering in a new era of TNA, because its all too possible that he'll have to job to Jarrett or look like shit against him in some other way.