Guest Army Eye Posted May 27, 2002 Report Posted May 27, 2002 How about The Berzerker's "Throw opponent out of the ring and win by countout?" Just as lame (if not MORE lame) as The Goon's "Body Check of Doom". Lame, definitely not a finisher I'd look for in a serious character, but damn funny for jobber matches. The best jobber matches ever were ones involving Kamala though.
Guest saturnmark4life Posted May 28, 2002 Report Posted May 28, 2002 The 'Crash-Landing'. Crash's splash off the top rope, where he'd jump from across the ring, land on his feet, run up to his opponent and do a standing splash for the 1,2,3. I was never nor am I now, a Crash fan, but that was pure comedy. I've never seen that, sounds great. Also, the moss covered three handled family credenza didn't get over, because everyone is gay, probably.
Guest Posted May 28, 2002 Report Posted May 28, 2002 Also, the moss covered three handled family credenza didn't get over, because everyone is gay, probably. You can't argue with that logic.
Guest Posted May 28, 2002 Report Posted May 28, 2002 How about all the weird side slams people have been using lately? It seems like within a span of a couple months Edge, Jericho, and Matt Hardy all started using those kinds of moves (Y2J's 'Breakdown', Hardy's 'Side Effect'). It seems like most of the time the move is dependent on the person taking it taking a full front body bump, which few seem to want to do (taking it with their knees instead, which looks crappy).
Guest notJames Posted May 28, 2002 Report Posted May 28, 2002 The 'Crash-Landing'. Crash's splash off the top rope, where he'd jump from across the ring, land on his feet, run up to his opponent and do a standing splash for the 1,2,3. I was never nor am I now, a Crash fan, but that was pure comedy. Didn't he "steal" Nova's "Kryptonite Krunch" and call that the "Crash Landing" too? He used it on an episode of Metal many moons ago, if I'm not mistaken...
Guest bravesfan Posted May 28, 2002 Report Posted May 28, 2002 Lance Storm's half crab (seems a little too weak compared to the other finishers) The subsequent "roll into half crab" manuever was pretty cool too.
Guest Risk Posted May 28, 2002 Report Posted May 28, 2002 I think the "Bubba Bomb" is pretty lame-ass.
Guest saturnmark4life Posted May 28, 2002 Report Posted May 28, 2002 I think the "Bubba Bomb" is pretty lame-ass. I like it but maybe it's cos of the way the guy lands, it looks like a transition move. A damn cool transition move, but not a believeable finisher.
Guest saturnmark4life Posted May 28, 2002 Report Posted May 28, 2002 Also, the moss covered three handled family credenza didn't get over, because everyone is gay, probably. You can't argue with that logic. Oh, i've done the research!
Guest Will Scarlet Posted May 28, 2002 Report Posted May 28, 2002 How about The Berzerker's "Throw opponent out of the ring and win by countout?" That makes me think about my mark days when I used to figure that, "Berzerker would be tough to beat in battle royals because he is always throwing people outside the ring to win his matches." Oddly enough, I used to kind of like the Berzerker.
Guest Posted May 28, 2002 Report Posted May 28, 2002 Hardcore Holly used to use a Falcon Arrow and I think he called it the Hollycaust or something along those lines. That move was way better than his lame ass Alabama "I'm too lazy to perform a BELIEVABLE finisher" Slam.
Guest Posted May 28, 2002 Report Posted May 28, 2002 I think the "Bubba Bomb" is pretty lame-ass. Definitely not a believeable finisher. I mean, it's a friggin atomic drop without using the knee. Way to go with that one, Buh Buh! ;p He should stick to using the Buh Buh Cutter for his finisher.. or that senton.
Guest muzanisa Posted May 28, 2002 Report Posted May 28, 2002 Rick Rude's backbreaker he used before the rude awakening Kona Crush's head vice
Guest Posted May 28, 2002 Report Posted May 28, 2002 The Stratusfaction is pretty lame in the fact that it's just a freaking bulldog, and Trish doesn't even do it well!
Guest Some Guy Posted May 28, 2002 Report Posted May 28, 2002 Crush's Heart Punch Raven's DDT, way to many guys use it as a transition move for it to be believable as a finisher Test's top rope elbow, too many guys using it at the time as well.
Guest art_vandelay Posted May 29, 2002 Report Posted May 29, 2002 Hardcore Holly used to use a Falcon Arrow and I think he called it the Hollycaust or something along those lines. That move was way better than his lame ass Alabama "I'm too lazy to perform a BELIEVABLE finisher" Slam. I think he mainly stopped using it because he has trouble lifting up half of the guys on the roster. When he did use the move, it always looked terribly sloppy and received very little reaction from the crowd. But the name "Hollycaust" is pretty fucking cool.
Guest Posted May 29, 2002 Report Posted May 29, 2002 Bad News Brown's kick to the back of the head. I forget what it was called, maybe the Ghetto Blaster (or was that Koko B. Ware's brainbuster). Anyway, the back of the head kick was cool, and no one does it anymore.
Guest JMTapes Posted May 29, 2002 Report Posted May 29, 2002 How about Papa Shango's inverted shoulderbreaker? I can't believe no one has done it since.. www.jmtapes.com
Guest Posted May 29, 2002 Report Posted May 29, 2002 I think I saw Godfather doing it on a recent edition of Metal... the gutwrench shoulderbreaker thing, right? It's a sick move.
Guest notJames Posted May 29, 2002 Report Posted May 29, 2002 Bad News Brown's kick to the back of the head. I forget what it was called, maybe the Ghetto Blaster (or was that Koko B. Ware's brainbuster). Anyway, the back of the head kick was cool, and no one does it anymore. Technically, it's an enzugiri, so it's been used pretty extensively, and yes, he called it the Ghetto Blaster. Koko B Ware's finisher was the Ghostbuster. As for the Hollycaust, that name was penned by the IWC only, and I'm pretty sure Holly nor any of the announcers ever referred to it as such (probably in deference to the actual Holocaust). Hell, they never even called it a Falcon Arrow. They seem to have a tough time with calling the Japanese move names, i.e., Val Venis's Blue Thunder Bomb, Rikishi's old Fire Thunder Driver, etc.
Guest Dace59 Posted May 29, 2002 Report Posted May 29, 2002 Rikishi's old Fire Thunder Driver He's never done a Fire Thunder Driver (Cradle Inverted piledriver) the Rikishi Driver is a stalling posing "safe" inverted piledriver. It's strange about Shango's inverted shoulder breaker, it caught on as Norton's Flash Back. And I'm pretty sure Holly's Falcon Arrow was called the Hollycaust at least once by Jr.
Guest AlwaysPissedOff Posted May 29, 2002 Report Posted May 29, 2002 Yeah, JR called it the Hollycaust a few times like when Bob was feuding with the Acolytes in 99 during the Big Shot gimmick.
Guest papacita Posted May 30, 2002 Report Posted May 30, 2002 The Stratusfaction is pretty lame in the fact that it's just a freaking bulldog, and Trish doesn't even do it well! It was cool as hell when she hit it with the flying body scissors though.
Guest TheMikeSC Posted May 30, 2002 Report Posted May 30, 2002 Oh come on---Outback Jack's boomerang gets no love? -=Mike ...For the many who don't remember this move, he'd clothesline his opponent from the front, run off the ropes, then clothesline him from behind just as his opponent got back to his feet.
Guest Just call me Dan Posted May 30, 2002 Report Posted May 30, 2002 According to Vince the Vertebreaker never got over either.......
Guest Posted May 30, 2002 Report Posted May 30, 2002 Fairly Recent stuff Big Show's non-chokeslam finishers - Final Cut and the Alleyoop or whatever it was called. Pete Gas' "Gas Mask Powerbomb" Billy Gunn's "One and Only" and that tossing reverse rock bottom he did for like a week Crash's version of the "Acid Drop" Bob Holly's Falcon Arrow aka, the "Hollycaust", aka the "Big Shot", aka the "Alabama Slam" version 1 X-Factor's "X Marks the spot" Billy and Chuck's version of the "sidewinder" Eddy's BRIEF use of the Lasso from El Paso Angle's version of the Chicken Wing Jericho's super sloppy "Breakdown" Heel Rikishi's "sit on someone's face for the win" Bring back the Rikishi driver! Every Edge finisher except the Spear. i.e. Edgecation, Downward Spiral, Buzzkiller, Edgecution Sadly, Val Veni's "Blue Thunder" has never been over Mark Henry's Bearhug Saturn's WWF use of the Rings of Saturn. Both variants never got over. Also see Saturn's brainbuster, top rope elbow drop and his brief WWF use of the Death Valley Driver.
Guest Ravenbomb Posted May 31, 2002 Report Posted May 31, 2002 The Gator Buster (am I the only one who thought that move was cool?) the Rock's wrap around DDT the Evenflow will always be over to me, and I'm really the only one who matters, so there the Million Dollar Dream (when Steve Austin did it at WM17)
Guest Posted May 31, 2002 Report Posted May 31, 2002 I'd say the Snowplow, but I'm not sure if that counts, since Al Snow never seems to beat anybody...
Guest muswp1 Posted May 31, 2002 Report Posted May 31, 2002 There are several finishers that are over that shouldn't be such as the People's Elbow and the Clothesline from ####. The Regal Strech was pretty good until he stopped using it. The Stratusfaction (bulldog) needs to be dropped like a bad habit, but I can't think of a believable one for Trish because of her height. She's only about 5'3" or so.
Guest Army Eye Posted May 31, 2002 Report Posted May 31, 2002 Bad News Brown's kick to the back of the head. I forget what it was called, maybe the Ghetto Blaster (or was that Koko B. Ware's brainbuster). Anyway, the back of the head kick was cool, and no one does it anymore. Koko's finisher was the Ghost Buster
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now