Guest muswp1 Posted May 31, 2002 Report Posted May 31, 2002 Oops, I forgot to add that I though the Undertaker's swinging DDT that he used on Rikishi was pretty cool the one time he did it. For some reason he hasn't done it since.
Guest JHawk Posted May 31, 2002 Report Posted May 31, 2002 There are several finishers that are over that shouldn't be such as the People's Elbow and the Clothesline from ####. Actually, I find the Clothesline from Hell to be pretty cool. At least I did before I started getting some puro tapes. It works because the marks haven't really seen it. Why has nobody ever mentioned anything Jim Duggan used as a finisher post-1987. A three point stance into a clothesline? A fucking KNEEDROP? And you thought Hogan had some bad finishers. Scotty Riggs' forearm smash was kind of silly too.
Guest Posted May 31, 2002 Report Posted May 31, 2002 The Stratusfaction (bulldog) needs to be dropped like a bad habit, but I can't think of a believable one for Trish because of her height. She's only about 5'3" or so. I think that they should give Trish the Unprettier; considering that it's a "face" spot, I've always thought the psychology of that move would work better with women, anyways...
Guest Posted May 31, 2002 Report Posted May 31, 2002 Oops, I forgot to add that I though the Undertaker's swinging DDT that he used on Rikishi was pretty cool the one time he did it. For some reason he hasn't done it since. He's done it many times in the past.
Guest Army Eye Posted May 31, 2002 Report Posted May 31, 2002 Why has nobody ever mentioned anything Jim Duggan used as a finisher post-1987. A three point stance into a clothesline? A fucking KNEEDROP? And you thought Hogan had some bad finishers. Absolulutely terrible finishers but they're not brought up because, sadly, they did catch on. Especially the three-point stance
Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly Posted June 1, 2002 Report Posted June 1, 2002 Steve Blackman's jump kick. It was cringe worthy when he did it from the top rope.
Guest Posted June 2, 2002 Report Posted June 2, 2002 Saturn and Test seem to have both went through a series of finishers when they first appeared Test started with the Pumphandle Powerslam, with the Doctor bomb, Full Nelson Slam, Big Elbow Drop and Big Boot finally the Roll of the Dice... Saturn couldn't use the DVD because Godfather was, so they went through a list of moves for him Jackhammer, Big Elbow drop, That swinging Fisherman Suplex, Tiger driver..
Guest raptor Posted June 2, 2002 Report Posted June 2, 2002 I have to disagree with some of the ones posted here. A move isn't "over" because it looks cool, it's over because the fans believe it as a match ender so all these Finishers could (and should) be classified as "over": Rikishi's Sit-down Splash Edge's Edgecution Test's Big Boot (The Field Goal) Trish's Stratusfaction (and it isn't "just a bulldog" it's a swinging springboard bulldog) a hundred posts! BOOYAH!
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now