TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO 11/19 Impact Thread

If Eddie hadn't died, SD would've been one page, two tops.

Creatively, SD was/is dying. So is TNA, unless they start to change things up format-wise. They are in a comfort zone and have not taken a chance yet in booking, which is why things look like groundhog day in TNA as far as who's on top with the belts.

Nice analogy. Fits perfectly. I'm surprised TNA, in the position they are in, are coasting. They haven't made any sort of impact yet (no pun intended). Yes, getting christian was great, but don't drop the ball just b/c you think you've won some sort of battle by landing him. When the radicalz, Jericho, etc. jumped ship, they didn't sit around gloating just b/c they jumped ship, they actually put them into angles.

"Autracity"??? What the hell does that mean?

I haven't seen the promo in question (though I hopefully will tonight), but if he pronounced it the way it looks there, then he probably meant atrocity, which is something really, really bad. Like, "that match was an atrocity!"

Anglewise, the best show they've done on Spike by far.

Now, they need a show like that, but with a real good match thrown in there.

As far as angles with Christian, in the 3 hours of TV that he's been in the company:

- Calls out Jarrett for the belt (and by proxy, Monty Brown)

- He teased a feud with Scott D'Amore and Bobby Roode

- Teased joining Team Canada

- Turns on Team Canada/Jarrett

- Puts Jarrett through a table with Team 3D

- Gets into a mic battle with Monty Brown

- Gets pounced by Monty Brown, setting up a match at the next PPV

Seriously, how many more friggin angles could he be in? It'd be retarded to have Christian come in and win the belt at the first PPV he wrestles on.

I haven't seen the promo in question (though I hopefully will tonight), but if he pronounced it the way it looks there, then he probably meant atrocity, which is something really, really bad. Like, "that match was an atrocity!"

Yeah the problem was he pronounced it more like "Audacity"

Guest Coffey

I really liked the final Monty/Christian segment as well, although I concur that Monty needs to tone down the vernacular because the last thing he needs is comparisions to WARRIOR. That being said, I still think that segment "made" the show. While watching the show, I kept thinking "this is OK," "meh, that could've been better" and the like. After the main event spot, suddenly I thought "that show was pretty good."

I was watching iMPACT! with a friend, so that could've persuaded my opinion a little bit.

I look forward to Joe/Styles in the ring. I don't look forward to their mic battles.

Gail Kim and her skirts "that are so short if they were any shorter they'd be a necklace" make Jarrett a lot more tolerable.

I still hate the commentary and the Orlando crowd. Morphoplex is quickly moving up the ladder though.

Just caught the show today finally (been lagging behind) and it was alright, still - some of the stuff needs to be addressed like glorified squashes. There really isnt a point to these anymore now that the characters are more established and you are running squashes with guys like AMW and Joe.

BTW, never commented on it but Genesis was a million times better than it had any right to be on paper. That main event blew away what I thought it was going to be, which wasnt much!

Yeah the problem was he pronounced it more like "Audacity"

Audacity is a word too. It's like, fearless, really bold - Like, "The audacity of that man!"

But he meant atrocity, so it's a moot point.

TNA desperately needs 2 hours. The show feels too frantic and rushed as it is. I'm just getting into it and then bam it's all over. OVW is a show that seems much better paced for a 1 hour show, possibly because they have a smaller roster.

Guest Joejigatame

From PWInsider

The rating for TNA's Impact dropped again this past Saturday as the show scored a 0.6 rating. In Males 18-49, they scored a .6 and in Males 18-34, they pulled a .7. The average audience was 618,000 viewers. This past week's show was really strong and featured the debut of former WWE star Christian Cage, which does make the drop even more unsettling.

A 0.6 has to be considered disappointing, no matter how things are spun. Coming off a strong PPV AND the debut of Christian, it's a little worrying. Maybe things will pick up next week when people are aware of Christian. This may show that the PPVs aren't doing very well in terms of buy rates if there's no post-show spike.

I think I pointed out several factors as to why TNA is just hovering where they are at and will probrably continue to drop.

A factor I forgot to mention is the UFC lead-in, which is probrably only good for .1-.2, but still.

No one wants to watch Jarrett and guys with the stench of WWE reject (Kip James, 3LK, Rhino, Jeff Hardy, etc) on top. They aren't bad to have around, but again, look who's on top right now. They are the same guys as last year. Nothing has changed on the show. I'll continue to watch because I love wrestling and watch what I can get my hands on, but I can definitely see why they aren't catching on with an audience and can definitely see them staying where they are until some major changes get made from a slottting standpoint as well as booking.

edit: this needs it's own thead.

Edited by Dangerous A

Guest Coffey

I disagree that TNA needs two hours. During the "prime time special" I felt like the show was dragging. Of course, I echo the sentiments that iMPACT! currently feels rushed. They either need an hour and a half or they need to take fewer commercial breaks.

I don't think they need two hours though.