TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest *KNK*

NFL Week Eleven

I see Czech in here...he's gonna complain about the Bears not getting respect! The Bears are a legit good team, but the rest of their division is still so bad that they remain the Padres of football. If the Vikings win tommorow night then we can make the Seahawks the new Padres of football.

I just don't understand the Eagles D either. They're supposed to be a good D and they have the athletes to be great.

Oh well.

Them Bears are looking pretty good, and could use another fan!

I'd never abandon the Eagles. Things will be better next season! The Eagles will ride again!

*has a homoerotic fantasy about McNabb and Trotter riding off on horses dressed like cowboys*

Oh yeah and there are a couple of teams in the NFL that I just can't stand. More than in college actually. They are: Seattle, Cincy, Atlanta, Dallas, NY Giants, NY Jets, Washington, St. Louis, Minnesota, Cleveland, and Green Bay(don't hurt me cheeseheads). I just can't stand any of those teams for whatever reason.

Guest Vitamin X
I see Czech in here...he's gonna complain about the  Bears not getting respect! The Bears are a legit good team, but the rest of their division is still so bad that they remain the Padres of football. If the Vikings win tommorow night then we can make the Seahawks the new Padres of football.

Sorry to inform you, but if the Pats win their division (funny that's even a hypothetical situation), then they'd be the Padres of football.

I'd never abandon the Eagles. Things will be better next season! The Eagles will ride again!

*has a homoerotic fantasy about McNabb and Trotter riding off on horses dressed like cowboys*

An Eagles fan would never want McNabb dressed up like a Cowboy. You lose again Dama

Guest Leelee

The Bills are still in 2nd place.

It could have been the worst division ever, but with the rest of the Pats schedule, they'll at least be 10-6.

An Eagles fan would never want McNabb dressed up like a Cowboy. You lose again Dama

McNabb would show the Cowboys what being a real cowboy is all about. I hope the other NFC East teams enjoy the fun they're having this season b/c we'll be back next season!

Guest Leelee

McNabb would show the Cowboys what being a real cowboy is all about. I hope the other NFC East teams enjoy the fun they're having this season b/c we'll be back next season!

Shouldn't you be cheering for the Cowboys so the NFC East gets more respect.

Sorry to inform you, but if the Pats win their division (funny that's even a hypothetical situation), then they'd be the Padres of football.

After checking combined records of the divisions I sadly must agree. Only difference between the teams are Seattle's 2 more wins. Buffalo and St. Louis are both 4-6, Miami and Arizona are both 3-7, and The Jets and 49ers are both 2-8. I think the AFC East has higher quality in its teams though, but that's just opinion.

Guest Vitamin X

After checking combined records of the divisions I sadly must agree. Only difference between the teams are Seattle's 2 more wins. Buffalo and St. Louis are both 4-6, Miami and Arizona are both 3-7, and The Jets and 49ers are both 2-8. I think the AFC East has higher quality in its teams though, but that's just opinion.

Oh yeah, the AFC East is probably better in terms of its potential for good teams when put up against the NFC West, definitely. The NFC North is more or less on the same level, with Detroit being the perennial disappointment, and Minnesota and Green Bay only suffering due to injuries and some questionable coaching. Both the Vikings and Packers should be a lot better than what their records indicate, while I could only say the same thing about Miami in the AFC East.

Guest Leelee

I disagree with that. The AFC East is pretty pitiful. The Jets and Bills are basically lame duck teams. Miami is just kinda there.

It's totally different in the NFL and you know it.

Bullshit it's the same, you have obviously never met actual Eagles fans. As bitter rivals, there is no way in hell I'd root for Dallas or the Giants or as a PSU fan root for Pitt...

people were touting Indy's defense all year long, turns out they just haven't faced a super powerful offense yet and they really are the same ol Colts...difference this season is that the Pats are NOT the same ol Pats...

And Brady still put up 250+ and 3 TDs on the D. They won that game because the Pats secondary couldn't do dick. After a strong start against weak offenses, the D has given up about 20 points a game since the Rams game, I believe. That's good considering the offense, but they aren't the most improved D in the NFL since their secondary is still kinda weak in my eyes.

And after today, I'd call the AFC East the weakest division. The Jets are putrid, the Dolphins and Bills have no offense (and no D as well in the case of Buffalo) and the Pats are probably going to average 300 passing yards against the rest of the season. Seattle gives the West the edge here.

EDIT: Bill Belichick's father died last night, so I just like to pass along condolences.

The Jets have it just as bad in terms of injuries (and Head Coaching for that matter) as the Vikings and Packers. If everybody on their team was healthy then they might be around 5 or 6 wins too. I won't even get into the Pats injuries. They could possibly be 8-2 if everybody was healthy.

Bullshit it's the same, you have obviously never met actual Eagles fans. As bitter rivals, there is no way in hell I'd root for Dallas or the Giants...

Who said I like the Giants and Cowboys? I just put them on my list of teams that I absolutely cannot stand.

And who says I like Texas? I just recognize their talent and think that they're that good. Just because I'm supporting their bid for the national title doesn't mean I'm a fan of theirs.

You guys really care way to much about which teams I like.

As a Sooner fan you want Texas to win the National Championship? Oh man...I'm going to call it a night before I get in trouble for explaining rivalries to Mr. Dama.

I understand rivalries. But I also understand that it annoys the hell out of me when people put good teams down for nothing and put my conference down all the damn time. And that's true. Everyone is on the Big XII constantly(i'm not the only one that noticed it) and everyone has been on Texas since the beginning of the season. So I'm going to defend the team from people that are bashing on them because the better they look the better the conference looks and the better the conference looks the better OU looks when they come back and whip everyone in the conference's ass next season.

I'd much rather hear "OU beat the defending national champion Texas Longhorns today" than "OU beat that team that choked again"

It all works out in a twisted way.

That and my combative nature forces me to stick up for the teams that everyone hates. Everyone hates anything in the Big XII so I defend the Big XII teams.....except Texas A&M.

Guest *KNK*
Dama, liking Texas/supporting their bid for the national title is akin to rooting for the Cowboys or Redskins or Giants out of support for the NFC East.

It's even worst when you are an actual student of that university. It'd be like Troy Aikman cheering for Washington to win a superbowl.

I'm a alumus of Miami University, even though I know my school isn't having a great year, I don't openly root for Toledo or Bowling Green just because they are in the same conference.

Guest Vitamin X
people were touting Indy's defense all year long, turns out they just haven't faced a super powerful offense yet and they really are the same ol Colts...difference this season is that the Pats are NOT the same ol Pats...

EDIT: Bill Belichick's father died last night, so I just like to pass along condolences.

So when Favre's father dies, he goes out and throws 5 touchdown passes to keep them alive in the playoff race. When Trent Green's father died, he played an emotional game against their archrival with an extremely gutsy call at the end to win it. When Bill Belichick's father dies, he coaches the Patriots to a routine 24-17 win over the Saints.

The Jets have it just as bad in terms of injuries (and Head Coaching for that matter) as the Vikings and Packers. If everybody on their team was healthy then they might be around 5 or 6 wins too. I won't even get into the Pats injuries. They could possibly be 8-2 if everybody was healthy.

I don't like using the "ehh if everybody was healthy" thing as an excuse. I said earlier this year Green Bay would have had one loss (that being their shitfit at Detroit) if they were totally healthy, because of all the close losses they've had this year, and you think having the team 100% healthy would help, but maybe it wouldn't. I always thought of the Jets as being a decent ballclub, but the instability at the QB spot along without having a good offensive line keeps the rest of the team from achieving what they could, and their defense only got to be good last year. But their injuries are nowhere near as damaging as Green Bay's, not to sound too much like a fanboy here, but I don't think anyone in the league save for maybe the Pats could compare the trouble they have in terms of injuries.

You guys really care way to much about which teams I like.

This is way too true. Why bother caring? Let the guy like whatever he likes. Whatever.