TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest *KNK*

NFL Week Eleven

Guest Leelee

It's easy to get wrong.

Plus, the Pats have a decent shot at getting a top 3 AFC slot, anyway. I like the rest of their schedule. They're not losing any division games.

It's easy to get wrong.

Plus, the Pats have a decent shot at getting a top 3 AFC slot, anyway.  I like the rest of their schedule.  They're not losing any division games.

Plus I'd imagine the Bengals will catch and pass the Jags for fifth so the division games will probably remain the same just with different numbers.

GOOOOOOOOOOO VIKINGS LET'S WIN THE GAME!

GOOOOOOOOOOO VIKINGS CALL OUT YOUR NAME!

V-I-K-I-N-G-S!

GOOOOOOOOOOO, VIKINGS, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Guest Vitamin X

Absolutely pathetic. The worst part about this, and probably the most telling, was the Packers' complete lack of a running game, forcing their offense to go one-dimensional. Oh, what about Samkon Gado, we're all asking?

He had one carry on the game and fumbled, so Sherman pulled this guy who just earned NFC Offensive Player of the Week honors last week, probably to "teach him a lesson". That's right. Samkon very well could've ignited the Packer offense a lot more, and gave the Packers a running game and of course control of the clock, but Sherman would rather throw a game and lose to a division archrival than GOD FORBID make the kid learn fumbling isn't a good thing. For christ's sake, Ahman Green was the starter, and he never got pulled no matter how many times he fumbled.

So how about the Packers somehow stumble into the playoffs at 8-8 while Minnesota wins the division, Green Bay travels up to the Metrodome and then smash them 31-17 in the playoffs, for full irony.

So how about the Packers somehow stumble into the playoffs at 8-8 while Minnesota wins the division, Green Bay travels up to the Metrodome and then smash them 31-17 in the playoffs, for full irony.

You seem to have forgotten a team directly below Green Bay that has a 2 game lead over Minnesota and currently holds the H2H tiebreak over Minnesota...

Guest Vitamin X

You seem to have forgotten a team directly below Green Bay that has a 2 game lead over Minnesota and currently holds the H2H tiebreak over Minnesota...

I know, I was just saying it'd be funny if somehow exactly what happened last year happened again on opposite sides, I'm not saying it's likely at all. Didn't even check to see if it were possible, really.

Besides, the Vikings are at 5-5 and with the exception of dates at Pittsburgh and Chicago, have a relatively easy schedule. Chicago has a monstrously tough schedule ahead of them, and Green Bay has a pretty easy one. It actually wouldn't surprise me to see all three teams end up at .500 by years' end, and if that were the case, it would depend on which games the Vikings and Bears lose to determine the division winner, but Green Bay would have no shot at the division, and probably not even the wildcard, but at least they wouldn't have a losing season, which would make me content.

Yeah, there is no denying it now. Chicago is going to win the division, as much as it pains me to say it. Of all the teams to win it had to be the fucking Bears. I'd rather see Minnesota win it.

Yeah, there is no denying it now. Chicago is going to win the division, as much as it pains me to say it. Of all the teams to win it had to be the fucking Bears. I'd rather see Minnesota win it

See Minnesota win it? Screw that....I dont live in Green Bay so I don't know how bad the Bears-Packers rivarly is....and I'm sure it's bad considering the long history of the 2 teams but I just can't stand the Vikings!

And I really don't want to see the Packers make the playoffs this year...Because it would just lead to another first round playoff disappointment anyway. Sorry this team just isn't playoff material at all.

I don't live in Green Bay either, but Packers/Bears is much bigger than Packers/Vikings. Green Bay has problems with both the Vikings and Lions, but the Bears will always be numero uno. Bears/Packers is the Yankees/Red Sox of the NFL. Honourable mention to Cowboys/Redskins.

I just want Mike Tice and Mike Sherman both fired after this year, that is all.

And that's another thing, if the Packers were to finish 7-9, or 8-8...They might actually be stupid and let Sherman stay another year, God help me

Ya see thats what I'm talking about, I'm only 20 so i've only been a packer fan since 93ish so when I think of Packers-Bears, I think of blowout games.

Guest Vitamin X
I don't live in Green Bay either, but Packers/Bears is much bigger than Packers/Vikings.  Green Bay has problems with both the Vikings and Lions, but the Bears will always be numero uno.  Bears/Packers is the Yankees/Red Sox of the NFL.  Honourable mention to Cowboys/Redskins.

Packers-Lions isn't much of a rivalry, but Packers-Vikings is the only rivalry in professional sports that's right at or near .500 all the time (waits for alkeiper to come in and refute this claim about some AA minor league baseball teams that have had one at .500 since 1936)

Fuck, I'm used to losing. I say bring on the third Ice Age, and get the hell off the bandwagon so I can put a couch down. I'm not suprised at all, consider the last regular season game at Lambeau when we came very close to blowing a big lead. Now, the Vikings are always good no matter what record they have. I have to say good job to the Vikings in turning around a crappy season. For me, it's back to business as usual, just like the 70's and 80's.

Guest Vitamin X
I just want Mike Tice and Mike Sherman both fired after this year, that is all.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get your wish. Especially if Mariucci gets fired from Detroit this offseason, there's a tremendous chance we'll see a coaching shakeup in the NFC North, and possibly Sherman will go to coaching the Lions or Vikings. I could see Sherm as the Lions' head coach for some reason, he reminds me of a mix between Bobby Ross and Marty Morninwheg...

Mariucci was Favre's QB coach during his MVP years, and grew up a Packer fan his whole life. He'd be a great fit.

For me, it's back to business as usual, just like the 70's and 80's.

Man, thank god I didn't know those years, but I'm sure re-living them now. Having the Lakers as my favorite team in the other sport I watch regularly has spoiled me too. I'm only used to the Dodgers' and Kings' perennial failures.

Bears/Packers is the Yankees/Red Sox of the NFL.

While I can understand that the Bears/Packers rivalry is stronger than Vikings/Packers, your baseball analogy is much closer to the Vikings rivalry. The Packers have the rich championship history (like NY) while the Vikings have the "so close yet so far" history (like Boston before last year), and of course Packers fans love to remind Vikings fans of this at every opportunity (again, like NY to Boston)

The Packers and Bears both share rich championship history, so they'd be more like... I dunno actually.

Guest Vitamin X

There has been talk of getting rid of Mooch and believe it or not, doing something stupid like bringing in Butch Davis.

Well, I guess they are insane then. Maybe they'll resign Harrington to a new 10 year contract while they are at it.

Giants/Dodgers

Giants haven't won squat since leaving New York, and Dodgers won next to squat in Brooklyn.

The Packers and Bears both share rich championship history, so they'd be more like... I dunno actually.

Giants/Dodgers

*smacks head*