TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Recent Purchases

Picked up UFC's Ultimate Fighter Season One and PRIDE's Critical Countdown 2004 DVD's the other day. Watching Ultimate Fighter made me kinda depressed about this seasons's show for two reasons:

1) Much better fights

2) Much better characters

You had Nate "Moral Rock" Quarry, The Frat Boyz team of Southworth and Koscheck, Observational Humour Forrest, Evil Sam and Chris "Fatherless Bastard" Leben all stepping up and giving us some great moments. Watching it all again also made me realize what a complete douchebag Leben was and how much I laughed when Southworth dropped the FB line on him.

Some pretty damn good fights along with it. Diego/Koscheck, Bonnar/Southworth, Forrest/Alex, Forrest/Sam and Bonnar/Swick were all solid stuff. DVD extra's aren't the greatest but they make up for it by including all of the prelim fights from the TUF Finale card. Oh, and you get Franklin vs Shamrock too which is decent enough.

PRIDE's show was a sketchy buy but I'm overall fairly happy with the purchase. Nog vs Khanitorov was fucking awesome and Silva/Kondo was an absolutely brutal finish to an entertaining fight. Seeing Fedor destroy Ogawa and watching Cro-Cop reposition Aleksander's neck was fun too. Then there's the main event which I'd totally forgotten up until this point which really almost kills the entire thing. The worst part is that even after the fight is stopped Rutten and Mauro are still yapping on and on about how terrible this is, basically rubbing it in. Don't know why they didn't stop the DVD at that point.

So, whatcha bought lately?

Guest nWoCHRISnWo

UFC 52, my favourite UFC show. I LOVE Ivan Salaverry's kick to Rigg's face and following triangle choke.

I remember seeing a little blip on this year's TUF 2 Finale that you get UFC 40 with the TUF 1 DVD set. No? I coulda sworn that was the case, I definitely saw Tito vs. Shamrock. I guess they must have known about Tito being a coach for awhile now since that would be Tito, Sham, and the TUF are now a perfect fit.

Well, like, everything is different.

The graphics are way different. There's the stage and video screen. Jeff Osborne and Ryan Bennett had mics in their hands. Sleazy D had hair. Online scoring. The video packages. Production-wise, it's totally different... cept for the production mistakes, they're still the same.

Fighter wise. Ricco Rodriguez, Gan McGee, Pedro Rizzo, Din Thomas, Caol Uno... lightweights in general... Dave Menne, Phil Baroni, Bustamante as champion, Randy Couture as a heavyweight, DIN THOMAS.

Got UFC 53 along with a two pack with 45 and 46 for Christmas. It's weird seeing them build up Hughes-Penn like it's gonna be something special, when most assumed it would be like every other Matt defense. I guess they lucked out that Penn did dominate, because if he didn't the card would have been a lot worse (considering what happened in the ME) and also all the hype for the fight would have been what it seemed like beforehand, laughable. Looking forward to seeing the undercard for this one as I only saw Karo-GSP and that was good. Heard some declare Franca-Thompson as FOTY, by some I mean Mr. Blue. 45 is underrated, lots of solid fights.

Also burnt 52. My favourite UFC show as well.

Guest Brian

UFC 40

Ultimate Fighter Season 1

Pre-ordered UFC 47-8 Two-Pack

and my brother got the Dan Henderson "Fight to Win" series on DVD, so I have access to it as well.