TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest shaqaustin34

Xbox 360 questions?

Guest shaqaustin34

First off the reason I am starting a new topic is because when i asked this question at the 360 thread people got off subject and really did not anwer my question. So here is the question:

I don't have a HDTV, and the 360's big thing apparently is HDTV. So is it worth paying $300 or $400 for the 360 if you don't have HDTV. Is it a big difference if from playing it on a regular tv rather than a HDTV. (Also if somebody could explaing the whole HDTV idea that would be nice). Please somebody answer my question because I don't want to waste that much money, because I am about to go to college and I don't want to waste my money on a videogame system thats not that much better than the xbox that I already have.

First off the reason I am starting a new topic is because when i asked this question at the 360 thread people got off subject and really did not anwer my question. So here is the question:

I don't have a HDTV, and the 360's big thing apparently is HDTV.  So is it worth paying $300 or $400 for the 360 if you don't have HDTV.  Is it a big difference if from playing it on a regular tv rather than a HDTV. (Also if somebody could explaing the whole HDTV idea that would be nice). Please somebody answer my question because I don't want to waste that much money, because I am about to go to college and I don't want to waste my money on a videogame system thats not that much better than the xbox that I already have.

Well...you answered your own question didn't you?

But anyways, my personal opinion. If you're about to go to college (How does that happen? Unless you mean in August..or you're going back) But don't waste 300-400 dollars on a game system, especically if you already have an Xbox if you're about to go to college.

If you haven't been already, you'll find there's a lot better (more) things you could spend that money on. (Like food >_>). Not to mention, that more then likely someone else in the dorm you're in if you're in one will have one. Just be a leech. (I can't think of that other word right now)

Guest Evolution

Mooch is the word you're looking for, but leech works well as well.

I'm personally waiting at least a year, for two reasons:

1) I want to see what the PS3 is going to offer in terms of launch titles.

2) Launch titles for the 360 were rushed to meet the release date of the system, so they don't really harness the power of the 360 yet. Games that are given time to be developed especially for the 360, for the most part, are going to be amazing and worth the price.

And the price of the 360 will drop at least a little bit, I hope, in a year's time.

Why do you want a 360 just for the HDTV when you don't even have a HDTV? Why not just get the system for the reason of having a new system.