TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

Nintendo DS $99 at Target sometime in December

Over on Joystiq they have posted info on Target possibly having the DS for $99 in December. Right now its still $129 and Target employees don't know anything about it. Could be a price mistake. If its true..I'll probably have to pick one up to fill the void between now and Zelda and subsuquently the launch of the Revolution, because theres been nothing on the Gamecube now for a while and the DS is getting most of the attention lately.

If anything try to find a ad that has the 99.99 DS price. Bring it in and show a employee, they have to give you the price if you can prove it.

Guest Evolution

It's not December yet, so they can't really get an ad unless they have a Delorean sitting around.

I work at Target and also am one of the people who don't know anything about this.

In an update, supposedly its hit or miss with stores honoring the price if you bring the catalog, copy of it in, but Target is acknowledging that its a price mistake probably with the GBA Micro, but its only good until December 12th.

I was out there this morning, I didnt see any DS's..so I guess I wait, and also to scrounge around for a catalog somewhere.

Thats the million dollar (err..$30) question..

I have no idea other than its somewhere on Targets website (joystiq article in first post has a link I think) but I think theres supposed to be an actual catalog as well and Id rather have a real catalog than a printout, although I might have to settle for a website printout..

I got the catalog in the mail today. I'm gonna bring it to Circuit City and have them price match, because they're giving away a free game with the DS. Returning the game brings the DS down to $77.

11331500896368jd.th.jpg

I work at a Target, and the $99 thing is indeed a typo. If you walk into my store, it's going to be a fun time if you try to get a DS for that price.

I work at a Target, and the $99 thing is indeed a typo.  If you walk into my store, it's going to be a fun time if you try to get a DS for that price.

Thanks for your e-mail about The Nintenedo [sic] Dual Screen in the 2005 Holiday Catalog. The ad is a misprint, as the price in the system should be $129.99. However, Target is honoring the ad price of $99.99 if you are able to bring in a copy of the catalog. If you have any trouble at the store, have them call us at (800) 440-0680 and we will be able to assist you then. Keep in mind the catalog price expires on December 12th, 2005.

We always welcome your questions, so if we can assist you in the future, please contact our Target Guest Relations team at (800) 440-0680. You can also speak with a team member at the Guest Services Desk at your local Target store, or visit us on Target.com. Either way, we’re here to help!

Thanks for shopping with us. I hope we’ll see you again soon at Target.

:phaser:

I work at a Target, and the $99 thing is indeed a typo.  If you walk into my store, it's going to be a fun time if you try to get a DS for that price.

Thanks for your e-mail about The Nintenedo [sic] Dual Screen in the 2005 Holiday Catalog. The ad is a misprint, as the price in the system should be $129.99. However, Target is honoring the ad price of $99.99 if you are able to bring in a copy of the catalog. If you have any trouble at the store, have them call us at (800) 440-0680 and we will be able to assist you then. Keep in mind the catalog price expires on December 12th, 2005.

We always welcome your questions, so if we can assist you in the future, please contact our Target Guest Relations team at (800) 440-0680. You can also speak with a team member at the Guest Services Desk at your local Target store, or visit us on Target.com. Either way, we’re here to help!

Thanks for shopping with us. I hope we’ll see you again soon at Target.

:phaser:

God damn it. If that's the official word, then whatever.

Guest Evolution

Lady bought two DS systems at the $99 dollar price, I honored it because she had a copy of the catalog and we had just gotten an e-mail from headquarters about some of the items in the catalog that were priced lower than what they were now (I believe there were about five items on the list, most of them electronics/home improvement).

I got a 96.99 DS at Circuit City for price matching. They said they couldn't do both deals (the free game and price matching Target) so whoever got the $77 DS was just lucky I guess.