TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
strummer

Hall of Famer to Debut Tonight?

Guest Bulwark
Terry Funk was in TNA already, wasn't he?  I think he wrestled a few hardcore matches and was later part of the Championship committe.  Or am I imagining things?

No, you're not. I think he was the D.O.A. at one point... He was also in a stable called the "Old Age Outlaws." lol.

EDIT: Wait... The Old Age Outlaws was in WCW... I think.

Alex Shelley is scheduled to debut a new gimmick where he runs around with a video camera.

Why must TNA constantly make Alex Shelley act like a goofball?

Let's be happy that Alex has a character and, while it doesn't sound "OMG AWESOME~!", at least it doesn't make me shake my head in disbelief and disappointment like when new WWE gimmicks are spoiled (i.e.: Tourette's Syndrome, Fitness Guru, Retard, Quasi-terrorist, Dicks, etc.)

So instead he's given DDP's first WWF/E gimmick?

Terry Funk was in TNA already, wasn't he?  I think he wrestled a few hardcore matches and was later part of the Championship committe.  Or am I imagining things?

No, you`re not. He tagged with Raven a couple of times during his feud with The New Church. I`m not sure if Terry`s still a part of the Championship committe though. I`m sure he was at one point but then Piper got included and I forgot what happened other than Roddy never appearing in TNA again. I think right now it`s either Larry Z/Piper/Funk, Larry Z/Piper/Harley Race or Larry Z/Funk/Race.

Alex Shelley is scheduled to debut a new gimmick where he runs around with a video camera.

Let's be happy that Alex has a character and, while it doesn't sound "OMG AWESOME~!", at least it doesn't make me shake my head in disbelief and disappointment like when new WWE gimmicks are spoiled (i.e.: Tourette's Syndrome, Fitness Guru, Retard, Quasi-terrorist, Dicks, etc.)

I didn't get that impression from the description but I'll reserve judgement till I see it...hopefully, you're incorrect on this one.

Maybe this gimmick will be a way to not use the current WWE omnipresent camera technique that I hate so much.

Guest Desperate Housewife
Said person would be a great signing.

Watch him work with Jarrett.  Ugh.

If I said that, I'd be accused of being anti-TNA.

I'm convinced said Legend will be El Kabongd by Jarrett, who is the ONE TRUE LEGEND!!!!

This promotion is run by clods

I didn't get that impression from the description but I'll reserve judgement till I see it...hopefully, you're incorrect on this one.

Maybe this gimmick will be a way to not use the current WWE omnipresent camera technique that I hate so much.

TNA hasn't used the omnipresent camera I don't think during the Spike era at least. It's mostly Shane doing most of the asking and finding out instead of the invisible camera.

TNA hasn't used the omnipresent camera I don't think during the Spike era at least. It's mostly Shane doing most of the asking and finding out instead of the invisible camera.

I know that TNA doesn't use that technique very often but maybe Alex's new gimmick would make it easier to tell stories as he stumbles unto things happening (like Kidman's "kidcam" in WCW or a variation of WWE's GTV and F-View).

Guest Coffey

Even with his voice affected by his cancer, Heenan would still be a great improvement over West.

I know that TNA doesn't use that technique very often but maybe Alex's new gimmick would make it easier to tell stories as he stumbles unto things happening (like Kidman's "kidcam" in WCW or a variation of WWE's GTV and F-View).

If anyone can make it work, it's Alex Shelly. He's one of the top performers out there today.

Terry Funk was one of the 3 named members of the championship commitee...

But he never appeared in that capacity.

He did tag with Raven.

I think the commitee was Piper/Funk/Race.

Race appeared one time. Funk never did. Now Zbysko is in charge.