TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Niggardly King

Random WWE News

Guest Fook
What is the source for all of this? I don't know how much I buy into it. It all seems ridiculous, I mean...REY MYSTERIO MAIN EVENTING WRESTLEMANIA? ::cries::

You have to remember WWE's definition of "main eventing Wrestlemania". It's not exactly in the same realm as what most fans would define as a main event. Just for example, WWE considered Angle/Brock, HHH/Booker, Austin/Rock, HBK/Jericho, and Hogan/McMahon all main event matches for WM19.

And what exactly is wrong with Rey getting a high profile match at Mania?

What is the source for all of this? I don't know how much I buy into it. It all seems ridiculous, I mean...REY MYSTERIO MAIN EVENTING WRESTLEMANIA? ::cries::

You have to remember WWE's definition of "main eventing Wrestlemania". It's not exactly in the same realm as what most fans would define as a main event. Just for example, WWE considered Angle/Brock, HHH/Booker, Austin/Rock, HBK/Jericho, and Hogan/McMahon all main event matches for WM19.

And what exactly is wrong with Rey getting a high profile match at Mania?

I was joking. I'm one of the front runners of the Rey for main event campaign. I just never see them doing it.

When has Hunter shown this great mind for business, outside of making sure he stays on top and nobody else gets to his level?

I'd say he did a fairly good job getting Batista over.

And I only categorized his booking skills as "pretty good", but not "great".

Guest JMA

They should just reunite Jamal with Rosey and have Bischoff have them take out Vince and Shane. Bischoff can avoid being fired by some loophole (maybe he screwed Linda or something) and the McMahons can leave TV again.

The plan right now is for Trish Stratus to turn on Mickie James and the upcoming weeks, Officials feel that Stratus works better as a heel and Mickie makes for a great plucky underdog.

*Scoffs* They still don't get that Trish is probably the most popular female in the company. Victoria, Torrie and (can't believe I'm saying this) Candace are perfectly serviceable heels. The better way to resolve that angle is for James to completely flip out on Trish, not the other way around. Since the Women's title is going to be a floater, a Trish/Melina feud isn't the worst idea.

John Cena will not be turning heel as the WWE will be enforcing that he has no friends in the Raw locker room and Monday was a taste of his more Austin like edge that he will use. Former WWE star Jamal was signed to become Cena's backup from the streets.

*Larfs* In case they haven't figured it out by now, JOHN CENA IS NOT THE CALIBER OF AUSTIN OR ROCK, WWE!

MSNBC's own Rita Cosby will have 2 more specials about the WWE in the near future.

Think Cosby is regretting that move from FNC yet? At least people watch FNC.

I got it from a forum that got it from another forum

Two pages into this thread and no one has questioned this yet? Granted WWE has gone non-sensical lately and some of this is interesting enough to discuss, but usually someone rebuts the source by this point.

Guest Ransome
The plan right now is for Trish Stratus to turn on Mickie James and the upcoming weeks, Officials feel that Stratus works better as a heel and Mickie makes for a great plucky underdog.

Even if it doesn't make sense in the context of her current storyline with James, I for one am glad to hear this. Trish's best work came during her heel period.

Big Show and Kane will now be heels on both Raw and Smackdown, agents state that they have proven to dominant to be faces of any kind and for those wondering about the segment with Triple H it was to show that Show and Kane answer to no one.

So much for the brand split. With the constant erosion of the boundaries between Raw and Smackdown, I can see them ending the split sooner than expected.

When has Hunter shown this great mind for business, outside of making sure he stays on top and nobody else gets to his level?

I'm with HTQ on this. Hunter has never, ever shown a great mind for business. All he ever does is put himself and his buddies over while telling newer talent that they can't work. It's good to see his "great business mind" knows he's got to put over new talent in order for the company to have a future...wait a minute!

I'm with HTQ on this. Hunter has never, ever shown a great mind for business. All he ever does is put himself and his buddies over while telling newer talent that they can't work. It's good to see his "great business mind" knows he's got to put over new talent in order for the company to have a future...wait a minute!

*cough cough* CM Punk *cough cough*

See, the main reason I think most of this news is bullshit.

Marty Wright was playing the Boogeyman character in OVW already. Wasn't it common knowledge that the character was a Jim Cornette idea?

The Women's title going to Smackdown as well is a ratings ploy. Women segments usually get high ratings (even the god-awful Diva Searches got high ratings until people got fed up with it). Smackdown needs ratings.

And turning Trish heel again will not work. Remember Trish-Lita from last year. Trish was getting the face pops until the title match. There was zero reason to cheer for Lita.

Guest Andrew J.

Marty Wright was playing the Boogeyman character in OVW already. Wasn't it common knowledge that the character was a Jim Cornette idea?

On the contrary, it was a WWE idea and Stamford was making him train in OVW. IIRC Cornette was actually pretty resentful about it.

Guest JMA

If Vince really wanted to improve SmackDown! he'd just send HBK over there as a heel. But I doubt that he does have a strong desire to improve the show's quality and ratings.

Bischoff can avoid being fired by some loophole (maybe he screwed Linda or something) and the McMahons can leave TV again.

Well Bishoff and Linda do have a history together. ;)

Guest JMA
Bischoff can avoid being fired by some loophole (maybe he screwed Linda or something) and the McMahons can leave TV again.

Well Bishoff and Linda do have a history together. ;)

Yeah, and she is "evil" now, so it makes sense. :D

Needless to say, I wouldn't dwell too much on that in the angle.

*cough cough* CM Punk *cough cough*

To quote Samoa Joe:

Anyone who says that (Punk doesn't know how to work) is an absolute idiot, and I have no problem saying that straight to their face.

They totally changed the Boogeyman. Shane made up the attire, entrance, what he will do etc...that's what I think they mean with this.

I'd love to see Samoa Joe punk someone out--especially a Clique member.

Hope he never shows up on RAW. We'd have to watch Joe lose matches on HEAT to everyone on the roster.

Guest JMA

Hope he never shows up on RAW. We'd have to watch Joe lose matches on HEAT to everyone on the roster.

He definitely needs to avoid WWE. Joe works best when booked as an unstoppible machine--which WWE would not push him as.

Women's Title for both shows makes no sense now that Christy is released. Stacy is filming movies and sucks in the ring. Melina has already faced Trish for the belt. Why the hell would the WWE make the women's champ travel even MORE, while their is nobody on SD! other then Melina that is a threat to the belt? It's a bs made-up story.

Vince McMahon has written a page that will be inserted at the end of the upcoming Eddie Guerrero book, covering his passing.

I wonder what spin will be put on the situation.

This will not work. Trish can work as a heel but if she is going to get more cheers as one than her "face" opposition it's pretty stupid.

John Cena will not be turning heel as the WWE will be enforcing that he has no friends in the Raw locker room and Monday was a taste of his more Austin like edge that he will use. Former WWE star Jamal was signed to become Cena's backup from the streets.

A Samoan guy who has been working in Japan coming in as "back up from the streets". OK. Also considering how many tag team main events on RAW Cena has been in this kind of booking is a bit late.

Big Show and Kane will now be heels on both Raw and Smackdown, agents state that they have proven to dominant to be faces of any kind and for those wondering about the segment with Triple H it was to show that Show and Kane answer to no one.

So Show and Kane are above the laws of WWE? Then why all the authority figures (McMahons, GMs)? Shouldn't they be able to fire unruly employees?

Stacy Keibler will be in 2 upcoming movies playing a character in "Manhunt in the Caribbean" and making an appearance in the sequel to "Big Momma's House" she has also apprently dyed her hair brown.

I expect a thread debating her new look in a couple of weeks.

Booker T was auditioning for an announcer spot on Friday's edition of Smackdown after he retires.

Please dear God no.

Both Rey Mysterio and Randy Orton will be in main event slots next year at Wrestlemania according to recent talks.

Um... yay?

Kurt Angle wants fans to know that he is in good shape and says fans hsouldn't worry about him.

Being in shape is one thing, being injured and painkillers to do your job is another.

If you noticed that certain superstars don't seem as toned or ripped it's because the WWE is taking the drug policy very seriously.

I haven't noticed anything... anyone else noticed anything?

The idea behind Martin Wright's "Boogeyman" character was derived from Shane McMahon's brainstorming.

The man who agreed to have his nuts electrocuted on TV got his idea cleared. Fantastic.

HBK wants to start a program with John Cena.

I wonder how deeply he'd bury Cena compared to his burial of Masters?

Jamie Noble will be returning to SmackDown! house shows towards the end of December

Hopefully he'll make it to TV rather than get sent to OVW.

The Women's Championship will be defended on both shows soon as a throwback to the first draft.

So Trish is like Kane and Big Show? WTF?

Trevor Murdoch is expected to get pushed more heavily and is going to feud with Chavo Guerrero.

Um... yay?

Guest ChampKind

He definitely needs to avoid WWE. Joe works best when booked as an unstoppible machine--which WWE would not push him as.

Joe would probably have a gimmick as a happy dancing Samoan who wears a thong a la Rikishi

Yes and how many ears must one man have,

Before he can hear people cry?

The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind

The answer is blowin' in the wind

So B² wasn't good enough!?

I backed the Mack!

Just end the brand split already.

HBK wants to start a program with John Cena.

Not really interested unless one of them turns into a fun loving prick.

Not to mention the way Joe talks, he'd burn every bridge in the company in 20 minutes of walking through the door for his first tv taping. Plus when he'd get told he "needs to learn to work better matches", he might punch Vince in his throat and walk out.

Not to mention the way Joe talks, he'd burn every bridge in the company in 20 minutes of walking through the door for his first tv taping. Plus when he'd get told he "needs to learn to work better matches", he might punch Vince in his throat and walk out.

Vince, hire Joe immediately!