TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

PRIDE: SHOCKWAVE~!

Guest CurryMan

Ah well the PPV has been shown in the US and there has been time to d/l if anyone wanted that so I´ll talk abit about the fights.

1. Charles "Krazy Horse" Bennett defeated Ken Kaneko in R1 in 4 minutes, 14 seconds with a cross-arm scissors hold.

In my opinion Kaneko didn´t make a fool of himself. He didn´t really have a chance in this fight from the start. But he hang in there.

2. Kazuhiro Nakamura defeated Yuki Kondo after 3R by a 3-0 judges' decision.

A close fight both fighters looked strong after this fight. Nakamura was in some trouble in the last round but was pushing the fight in the first two rounds and was really the one earning the victory even though it easily could atleast been a split decision.

3. James Thompson defeated Giant Silva in R1 in 1 minute, 28 seconds with a soccer ball kick for the KO.

I thought this was going to be a real snooze fight but Thompson goes all out and makes a nice KO atleast. Thank god it didn´t take more time then it did.

4. Sanae Kikuta defeated Makoto Takimoto after 3R by a 3-0 judges' decision.

The only fight I didn´t really care for, could be that I have no intresst in either fighters.

5. Emelianenko Alexander defeated Pawel Nastula in R1 in 8 minutes, 45 seconds with a choke sleeper.

Alexander was in some trouble and I thought Nastula might squese out a win against him when he got the submission on but Alexander was smart and got out. I must say that Alexander seems in great shape right now and I think he seems getting better by every fight. It will be fun to see what he will do in the future.

6. Emelianenko Fedor defeated Zulu in R1 in 26 seconds by punches for the KO.

The best thing Fedor could do without looking weak, he was put up against a man who didn´t belong there and Fedor made it a quick fight with a great KO.

7. Welterweight Tournament finals: Dan Henderson defeated Murilo Bustamante after R2 by a 2-1 judges' decision.

A close fight I feel kind of strange over the decision imo Bustamante might have been the winner, but it was a close fight indeed. There is talk about this was the last fight with Bustamante on his contracts and if he wasn´t the winner they could give a contract that wasn´t that good. But who knows? A close fight and it could have gone either way.

8. Lightweight Tournament finals: Takanori Gomi defeated Hayato "Mach" Sakurai in R1 in 3 minutes, 56 seconds with a right hook for the KO.

Who will stop Gomi? In the begining of the fight I thought Mach perhaps had found the weapon that could disarme Gomi with his lowkicks that seemed to trouble Gomi but then he just started dominating and wow he is impressive. I would like to see a rematch between Gomi and Hansen next.

9. Kazushi Sakuraba defeated Ikuhisa Minowa in R1 in 9 minutes, 39 seconds with a chicken-wing style arm lock.

Sakuraba as Razor Ramon Hard Gay how could that go wrong? Big hype for the fight and both fighters got a good pop from the crowd. Nice to see Sakuraba winning now could he only quit with a last win everyone would be happier.

10. Mark Hunt defeated Mirko Cro Cop after 3R by a 2-1 split decision.

MF Mark Hunt I think I´m in love with him! He did just as Fedor dominating and pushing the fight. Crocop was just trying to back out and trying to kick Hunt. I don´t really understand why he didn´t try for the takedown earlier on. I don´t understand why Hunt didn´t get a 3-0 decision imo he dominated the fight from the begining to the end.

11. Middleweight Title Match: Vanderlei Silva defeated Ricardo Arona after 3R by a 2-1 split decision.

Another close fight, I´m a Silva nuthugger so I don´t really mind the decision. Silva clearly was the more aggresive fighter in the first round and pushed the tempo. The later rounds Arona could get some takedowns and scored some points. Another rematch could be a big money fight perhaps since Silva is really big in japan and he got one of the best pops during the evening.

12. Hidehiko Yoshida defeated Naoya Ogawa in R1 in 6 minutes, 4 seconds with a cross-arm scissors hold.

Nice to see Yoshida win, strange to see him without a gi. I thought that gi was something of another skin for him but go figure. Nothing really strange.

Thumbs up for the show hasn´t seen the american ppv so I have no idea how Trigg was as an commentator but Korean version I saw the commentator seemed great even though I couldn´t understand a word.