TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Axel/Calvin Segment

COLE
What a night it was last night guys, but hampered by the result of the Main Event.

COACH
What do you mean, it was great!  Stephen is still the champion!

CABOOSE
I like Axel, and I like what he did to Stephen Joseph, but he cost Peter Knight the title, and from where I’m sitting, that just isn’t right.

COLE
Well, General Manager Calvin Szechstein has this time to discuss this very matter, as well as Axel’s punishment!

"Three-two-one, I'M THE BOMB!"

Electric Six’s “I’m the Bomb” begins blaring over the loudspeakers, and the crowd give it a healthy pop, as the General Manager makes his way out to the ring.  

COLE
Calvin cannot be as happy as he looked earlier when he made that huge Tag Team Lethal Rumble announcement.  He booked the Climax Pay Per View last night, and it was a hell of an event, but as we said, it was hampered by a Disqualification in the title match, with Stephen Joseph unfortunately retaining the belt.

Flanked by OAOAST Security, Calvin Szechstein enters the ring, clipboard in one hand, microphone in the other.

BUFFER
Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome the GENERAL MANAGER of the One and ONLY Anglesault Thread… CAAAALLLLVVVIIIIINNN SSZEEECHSTEEEEEIIIINNNN!!

CABOOSE
So I’ve got ten bucks on Axel being suspended.

COLE
You’re on.

“I’m the Bomb” dies down, and Calvin brings the microphone to his lips, causing the crowd to die down, and listen.

CALVIN
Last Sunday night, Climax, was the culmination of a great year for the OAOAST.  We’ve had so many highlights, from the Lethal Rumble at the start of the year, to AngleMania, to Tables, Ladders and Chairs, to yours truly being appointed General Manager.  Overall, 2005 has been one hell of a year for this company, and we’re only getting started!

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!”

COLE
Damn right.

“O-A-O! O-A-O!”

The fans’ chants fill the arena, and Calvin stops for a second to let the crowd have its fun.

CALVIN
But last Sunday night was hampered; it was ruined by the actions of one individual.  One individual ruined the Main Event of Climax, the title match.  MY title match.  One individual ruined all my plans, and screwed each and every one of you by doing it.  Management has been on my ass the entire week asking me to fix this.  So, I’ve fixed it.  You see, next week, instead of your usual HeldDown, the OAOAST will hold a special event live from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  It will be the OAOAST’s New Years Spectacular, and it has one hell of a Main Event.  You see, in the contract for the Climax title match, it states that if Peter Knight loses, then he is not allowed a title shot for all of Two Thousand Six.  But, it never says anything about him not getting another title shot before the end of Two Thousand Five.  So next week, live, in this very ring, it will be Stephen Joseph defending the OAOAST Championship in a rematch of Sunday night’s Main Event, against Peter Knight!

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHH!!!”

CABOOSE
YES!

COLE
Wow.  What a match!  The New Years Spectacular next week live!

CALVIN
Now… on to Axel.

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBOOOOOYEEEEEEEEEEEEBOOYEEEEEEEEEEAH!”

This would be about the most accurate description of the reaction that Axel received from the crowd, who still love the guy, but dislike his actions on Sunday night.

CALVIN
Axel, you ruined MY Pay Per View Main Event.  Ever since you came back you’ve been dodging authority, walking around and doing whatever you want, whenever you want.  Attacking guys, interfering in matches.  It stops now.  Axel, I am ordering your sorry ass out to this ring to face the music.

COLE
Strong words from the General Manager, calling Axel out!

[b]BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM!!![/b]

“I’M ON A HIGH!”

Millionaire’s first single hits over the loudspeakers as Axel appears at the top of the entrance ramp.  The crowd pop huge for the appearance of one of their favourites, momentarily forgetting his actions on Sunday night, as its an entrance, they have to pop.  Dressed in casual attire, the usual jeans, plus a red ‘TapOut’ T-Shirt, Axel slaps a couple hands, and steps into the ring.  He too has a clipboard and a microphone, and it’s clear he has something very important to discuss.  The music dies down, and Calvin begins to address the former two-time champion.

CALVIN
Axel, last Sunday night, you made a mis-

AXEL
WOAH.  Stop right there boss man.  I’ve made a mistake huh?  I bet you think I just made another one by interrupting you.  Well sorry to mess with your vegetables G-M, but the only mistake that was made was by you for sanctioning a title match without me in it.  I told everyone last week that I wasn’t happy, and it just so happened I took it out on one Stephen Joseph.  And hey, who in this arena WOULDN’T hit Stephen Joseph in the head with a chair if given the chance?

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHH!!!!!!!”

CALVIN
That might be Axel, but you ruined MY MAIN EVENT!  You screwed with the wrong guy.  Now, you have to face the consequences of your actions.

AXEL
Give it to me, boss man.

“OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!”

COLE
Axel had better tread lightly here, he might get a bigger punishment that first thought!

CALVIN
You wanna be smart?  Alright, lets see how smart you are now.  I am hereby placing you under suspension for ninety days… WITHOUT Pay.

COLE
WOW.

CABOOSE
He had it coming guys.  He was being a smartass out here.

The crowd boo, not necessarily Calvin for making the decision, but just the decision as a whole.  What surprises most is Axel’s reaction.  He isn’t angry, annoyed, flipping out, but instead, he’s calm, collected, and…. Laughing?

COLE
Wha-what’s Axel so happy about all of a sudden?

CALVIN
Do you want to explain to me why you’re laughing?

AXEL
Calvin, Calvin, Calvin.  Do you really think I’d be stupid enough to screw management without anything to protect me?

CALVIN
…What are you talking about?

AXEL
Okay.  I’ll tell you and all these OAOAST fans a little story.  You see, when I went off into the world of mixed martial arts, the OAOAST started losing money.  Big stars up and left.  Buyrates started plummeting.  Management was so desperate to get me back in front of an OAOAST banner that they pretty much gave me whatever clauses I wanted in my contract.  They were so damn desperate to sign me back to a long term deal that they didn’t even consider what clauses I put in.  You see Cal; I was always a mark for Mick Foley’s contract bag o’ tricks, so I put some stuff in my contract that was similar.  One of those clauses was that I cannot be suspended, made inactive or fired by anyone but OAOAST President Bill Watts.    That means you have no power over me Cal.  Oh, and don’t try going all Bischoff and punishing me with a ten-on-one handicap either, because I’ve got the power to veto any one of the matches that I’m booked in.  If the OAOAST was the United Nations, I’d be America.

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!”

COLE
Axel playing politics!  Calvin had no idea!

CABOOSE
This is big.  No one’s ever had that much power in their contract before.

Calvin stands in front of Axel, perplexed at what he’s hearing, and visibly irate that he wasn’t informed.

AXEL
Oh, and another thing Cal, this one’s just for you.  One of the clauses in my contract gives me the power to challenge for one title at any event of my choosing.  Now, those are the exact words of the contract.  Being the legal connoisseur that I am, the word ‘title’ can be interpreted as ‘championship’, but also as ‘position’.  So, I’m using my clause for the good of the company here.  Next week, at that New Years Spectacular you announced, its going to be Calvin Szechstein stepping back into the ring, and putting his General Manager’s position on the line against… me.  Axel.  The OAOAST’s Most Dangerous Man.

COLE
WHAT?

COACH
A match for the General Manager’s position?  THAT’S HUGE NEWS!  NEXT WEEK HERE LIVE!

Calvin, now speechless, looks down at his clipboard, looks at then fans… and SPEARS AXEL DOWN!

COLE
Calvin is attacking Axel!

The two men roll around on the canvas trading blows, and jockeying for position.  Calvin gets to his feet, and the two go at it again, trading right hands.  Calvin’s security storms the ring to try and break it apart, but they have no such luck, as Calvin boots Axel in the stomach and waves them off!  Calvin with the standing bodyscissors – attempting the Clash!

COLE
Calvin’s going for the Code Red Cla- but Axel escaped!

Axel does indeed escape the bodyscissors, taking Calvin down and trying a heel hook, but Calvin grabs the ropes and escapes out of the ring!

CABOOSE
Both men tried to put the other away, but neither could finish the job!  There won’t be any running next week!

COLE
What high stakes for the New Years Spectacular!  We could see the beginning of two new eras!  Axel trying to become General Manager, Peter Knight trying to become OAOAST Champion!  And we’ve only just gotten started tonight!

Sign in to follow this