TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Vince Russo on LAW

His latest spin on putting the WCW title on Tank Abott is that the battle royal that decided the title match would see Sid last 30-minutes, putting people out left and right, and the last guy to come in would be Tank who would punch Sid once and Sid would get eliminated.

Russo also denies he is back in the wrestling business.

His latest spin on putting the WCW title on Tank Abott is that the battle royal that decided the title match would see Sid last 30-minutes, putting people out left and right, and the last guy to come in would be Tank who would punch Sid once and Sid would get eliminated.

Russo isn't in the wrestling business? So that's why he is appearing on wrestling related shows and running his own indy promotion out of Georgia aptly stealing from the top indy promotion in america, with RING OF GLORY.

Wrestling is wrestling, no matter if religion is promoted during it.

Russo never fails to entertain me with his stupidity.

I remember someone from the Torch saying that Russo is a piece of shit for promoting wrestling and then slapping the "work of God" on it.

Russo wouldn't want to do something in the name of God that would help someone like build a homeless shelter or feeding the homeless. Hell, he isn't even counceling wrestlers or former wrestlers from the horrible things the business does. Instead, he promotes wrestling, says it's in the name of God, then turns a profit. Whatever.

Hulk Hogan recently said about HBK "There is a lot of the old Shawn Michaels in the new Shawn Michaels". I think the same thing can be said about Vince Russo.

I remember someone from the Torch saying that Russo is a piece of shit for promoting wrestling and then slapping the "work of God" on it.

Russo wouldn't want to do something in the name of God that would help someone like build a homeless shelter or feeding the homeless. Hell, he isn't even counceling wrestlers or former wrestlers from the horrible things the business does. Instead, he promotes wrestling, says it's in the name of God, then turns a profit. Whatever.

Hulk Hogan recently said about HBK "There is a lot of the old Shawn Michaels in the new Shawn Michaels". I think the same thing can be said about Vince Russo.

I would normally agree with you, but I did just finish his book and there was alot of startling things in it that surprised me that he admitted he fucked up with. Such as the Taker crucifiction angle, crash tv, etc. He came off very modest in the book - he basically would comment in current time on what he initially wrote 2 years ago as an autobiography on his career. Made for a weird, yet interesting retrospective on his past by Russo himself. Its not as bad as one would think. There was a lot of praising of God and such, but if he really is on that path, I dont think it should be held against him. Doubted upon? Perhaps a bit but I dont think he's done anything post-"saved" that screams that he's still what he used to be. The new promotion actually IS supposed to be, first and foremost, used for counceling workers, current and past, about the dangers of the business. So I'll give him a little bit of credit until it's blatantly obvious he's being someone he really isnt (which was how he used to be, he'll admit it himself in the book).

While Shawn is still the same old political asshole, he has proven to be honest about his religion and actually used it for good to his fellow man.

Something, Vince Russo hasn't done except for used this as an opportunity to make a buck off the only avenue he knows.

At least when Shawn blathers about the being a christian, you get the sense he actually means it.

He was never that good of an actor anyways.

Russo's full of shit. Always has been, always will be. His 'conversion' is a complete crock.

Well, you should know if his conversion is real. After, all you are god.

No wait...that's right. You just think and act like you are.

What do you mean, "latest spin"? I always thought that was the story. That's what he said in his RF shoot a couple of years ago, so it's not a new story.

What do you mean, "latest spin"? I always thought that was the story. That's what he said in his RF shoot a couple of years ago, so it's not a new story.

I only heard Russo by accident. I tried watching his RF Shoot but turned off very quickly when it became obvious he was in character.

Well, did Meltzer or anyone else ever report anything differently as far as the Souled Out finish goes? The way you worded your first post seems to indicate that he's not telling the truth about this story.

In this case I believe him. It has many of the hallmarks of a Russo WCW angle: (1) Kill the title. (2) Push the wrong guy. (3) SWERVE the fans. (4) Rip off the WWF (since the Royal Rumble was just a week later). So I'll give him this one.

Russo is full of shit and not just about his religion.

I thought Vince was going to have Russo's legs broken when they hooked back up a couple years ago. Then again, if you believe the "stories" about Russo's departure to WCW, maybe Vince just wanted to hug him.

Guest M. Harry Smilac

I thought the funnier part of the interview was how he said he had wrestlers come up to him after the first ring of glory show and return their pay because they felt they had been apart of something so special and wouldn't feel right getting money from the experience.

I thought the funnier part of the interview was how he said he had wrestlers come up to him after the first ring of glory show and return their pay because they felt they had been apart of something so special and wouldn't feel right getting money from the experience.

What, like that isnt possible? I could see a guy like Styles do that actually.