TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Booker T injured at house show

We don't have much in the way of details, but Booker T suffered an injury to his right leg while wrestling Matt Hardy tonight in White Plains, NY.

They went right to the finish and a slew of officials were surrounding him after the match ended. He was helped out of the ring and had a hard time getting to the back.

Booker was scheduled to face Chris Benoit tomorrow night at the Smackdown tapings in Uncasville, CT in match No. 5 of the best-of-seven series.

From Meltzer.

Ouch - unless they want to bury Booker by having him job out quickly to Benoit one after another, so goes that program :( It was good so far considering this has been Booker's best push and role on Smackdown since he arrived on the brand.

Guest clockworkraven

Book Benoit in matches against Booker every week for the next two or three weeks and have Sharmell come out and make excuses for him, then change the matches to handicap matches against heel tag teams.

Then, after that, either have Benoit snap or Teddy Long do something that ends up in Benoit putting the Crossface on Sharmell.

If he's not back by then, just keep having Benoit/Sharmell segments where Sharmell gets beat.

Meltzer has edited his initial update:

WWE Injury tonight

[email protected]

We don't have much in the way of details, but Booker T suffered an injury to his right knee while wrestling Matt Hardy tonight in White Plains, NY. From preliminary reports from talent on the scene, the injury appeared to be serious.

They went right to the finish, and just had Hardy cover him to get out of a match that Booker was likely supposed to win. A slew of officials were surrounding him after the match ended. He was helped out of the ring and had a hard time getting to the back.

Booker was scheduled to face Chris Benoit tomorrow night at the Smackdown tapings in Uncasville, CT in match No. 5 of the best-of-seven series.

So now smackdown has like 5 people on the active roster.

Booker T injured

December 27, 2005

According to WWE trainer Barry Hatch, Booker T suffered a strained groin muscle during his match last night at a SmackDown live event in White Plains. “Normally, this type of injury takes 4 to 6 weeks to heal,” said Hatch. “But Booker is a wrestler, so he’ll probably be ready sooner.”

wwe.com

First its the right leg, then its the right knee, now its the groin.

If it's 4-6 weeks, they should have Benoit go over in match five, as im sure the plan was in quick fashion but not exactly like the Jordan matches, I'm saying 3-4 minutes.

Then Booker should do the standard coward heel routine and refuse to defend the title making up countless excuses such as the old "doctor's note", stuff. I mean do some real old school campy heel stuff here.

Booker and Sharmell should be good at it and Benoit will be good as the pissed and frustrated face.

After a month of this, when Booker should be healed...they have the big match six.

Edited by Hawk 34

SD is at Sun? Maybe I'll go...

Or pull the Pretty Boy Bobby Heenan monologue from when he was to face Cowboy Bob Ellis yesteryear. It's on the Wrestling Gold dvd set.

(W/ crutches) "I was getting ready for the match, came down the steps. Slipped and I hurt my knee. Now, I can't wrestle tonight. But perhaps we can postpone the match about 5-6 months so my knee can heal."

Guest Leelee
“Normally, this type of injury takes 4 to 6 weeks to heal,” said Hatch. “But Booker is a wrestler, so he’ll probably be ready sooner.”

That can be interpreted many ways.

Guest wildpegasus

Man, I hate groin pulls. I remember I was dragging trees in the woods one day in the pouring rain and because I was so wet and the ground was uneven I took an awkard spill. I injured both my groin and my abductor muscle. When I was in the car I couldn't even move my right foot from the brake to the pedal without excruciating pain.

Let me tell you, the abductor muscle was cured long before the groin pull ever was. They take forever and a day to "properly" heal and just when you think you're homefree the groin injury will come back to haunt you. Years later, I'm pretty much healed up but I can still feel the groin pull ever once in awhile.

Remember when Bret had a groin injury and than they proceeded to put that in storylines? It would conviently come and go and because of that he was a heel. However, that really is how it works.

They need to bring in Stevie Ray for an appearance or two.

Suckas got to know!

That fruit booty, Benoit may have all of the suplex and submissions but can he beat Brother Stevie? Highly unlikely.

stevieray.jpg : Chris Benoit, I'm gonna get all up in your BUTT!

Meltzer is reporting he might be back in something like 2 weeks time. The plan was, apparently, to do match seven - or matches six and, if necessary, a seven, at the Rumble. Who knows if they will stick to that plan now, it's still possible as all it would take is Benoit getting a fast rollup win over Booker this week, and then they give Booker time off til the Rumble.

Then Booker should do the standard coward heel routine and refuse to defend the title making up countless excuses such as the old "doctor's note", stuff. I mean do some real old school campy heel stuff here.

But Booker's not the champ...