TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MadManOnTheWater

Who Will Be the Next Non-Jarrett Heel Champion?

69 members have voted

1. 1. The next non-Jarrett heel TNA champ is:

• Abyss
    • Samoa Joe
    • A member of AMW
    • A member of Team Canada
    • Monty Brown
    • Another heel currently on the roster
    • A current face who will be turned
    • Someone not currently on the TNA roster
    • Jeff Jarrett wouldn't let anyone else be one

Guest MadManOnTheWater

TNA seems to have a problem with Jarrett as seemingly the only heel who is a credible world champion. This means that if he is not the champ, any match without him must be a multi-competitor format or else the match will lack suspense about who will win or else it will be face vs. face. A face can't have an extended reign on the top because of the lack of heel competitors.

Sometimes, I think that turning someone like Ron Killings, or Rhino, or Raven would be a good idea. If Konnan were younger and didn't have a broken down body, he could be put in that spot.

It could be Samoa Joe, but who knows if TNA can book him to remain a heel long enough. If half of AMW ever gets injured, maybe the other half will get a singles push. It seems like the money in Monty Brown will be when they finally have him turn on Jarrett and push him to the moon as a face once they feel his in-ring capabilities are there. I have no idea if there is anyone in the indy ranks who can be brought in as a legit heel outside the X Division.

I voted for a current face that will turn. Why? Because Abyss needs some heavy rebuilding after being Jeff Hardy's bitch for most of the earlier parts of the year, and after losing the feud to Sabu a month or two ago. He'll need to work his way back up and be pushed as what Tenay and West try to make him out to be - an unstoppable monster - in order to be a serious World title contender.

By the time Joe's challenging for the World title, he'll be a face. No official turn will be taken, but since fans already continue cheering him, he's a face by default.

Neither Chris Harris nor James Storm of AMW can be taken as serious singles competitors. They're far too limited of workers, and they compliment each other TOO WELL as a tag team to be effective anywhere else.

Nobody in the current incarnation of Team Canada should be near the main event in the next 5 years. Not unless Petey Williams miraculously turns into an amazing worker from the above-average spotmonkey he currently is.

Brown won't win the belt as a heel anytime soon, IMO. When he does, he'll be a face. He's so over with the fans, and Jarrett's smart enough to keep him heel whenever he has the belt so that Brown isn't a contender.

No other heel on the roster is over enough to challenge for the belt at this point. Hell, the only over heels on the roster (that are over AS heels, thus eliminating Joe) are allies with Jarrett, so hey.

TNA would be dumb to bring in somebody from WWE or the indies, push them to the main event as a heel, and have them win the belt. There are too many others on the roster right now that deserve the shot that we'd be looking at WCW redux: so many top-level talent, and not enough room for all of them.

Jarrett won't have stroke forever. He just recently got it back by making a huge power play, and if I remember correctly, Dixie Carter is more in favor of D'Amore than she is Jarrett as head booker.

Samoa Joe, his character IMO is really good as a Heel. He should be the next Heel NWA Champion, but if he's stuck in another feud I'd say either Monty Brown (but I don't like him as a Heel) or Christian Cage (I prefer him as a Heel but I guess he's too popular)

I voted for La Parka