TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The Holiday Bowl Thread

I never like the spread option much because its hard to pound the ball in short yardage situations. When its clicking though it does work pretty well.

It's tough because they have to have a dual threat QB. Dixon's not a good passer and Leaf can't run. When one's in, you know what's going to happen.

In addition to what I said earlier I also liked the way OU dominated most of the second half. It makes me optimistic for the future. But once again that schedule next season is absurd.

I also like Keith Jacksons banter. The guy is fucking funny with some of the adjectives he comes up with to describe things. And he sounds like a crazy old man sometimes.

Keith Jackson is the best in the business. You know its football season when you hear him for the first time on a Saturday in September.

Easily. I'm glad I live out West, because I know I'm listening to him at 12:30 every Saturday. His voice is so distinct.

I love how much he messed up Kejuan Jones name repeatedly.

"Keshaun, Ke-hawn, Ke-john" it was pretty funny.

He didn't really get biased towards the Pac tonight which was good.

When UCLA played OU this year my buddy on the paper was in the press box and the PA announcer was calling a tackle by Chijoke Oynegecha and he went "Tackle made by *looks for #22's name* Umm...yeah"

Keith Jackson is the one guy that won't get too biased. Fouts will talk about the dominance of SC and Keith will try to ignore him or shrug it off with a "yeah, this team's good" type of comment. When he leaves again, it'll suck.

I think that Jackson actually likes OU. Everytime he's called an OU game(even when they sucked against UCLA and Texas) he was nothing but complimentary to them. He kept saying it was going to be a "paint swapper" when you play OU.

I did enjoy the play calling though. It was a little bit vanilla but overall it was more balanced and less predictable than what Chuck Long usually runs.

Didn't Leena say Oregon would win by 50?

I think that Jackson actually likes OU. Everytime he's called an OU game(even when they sucked against UCLA and Texas) he was nothing but complimentary to them. He kept saying it was going to be a "paint swapper" when you play OU.

I did enjoy the play calling though. It was a little bit vanilla but overall it was more balanced and less predictable than what Chuck Long usually runs.

Didn't Leena say Oregon would win by 50?

She said she hoped that Oregon wins by 50, but close enough.

Edited by DragonLordKaiba

I thought it was going to be a 3 to 7 point game going either way, and I was right. I picked Oregon for the bowl pick'em thing though.

On ESPN radio they started implying and saying that Oregon lost b/c they didn't want to be there and they didn't want to play OU. I was wondering how long until the excuses were formed by ESPN.

On ESPN radio they started implying and saying that Oregon lost b/c they didn't want to be there and they didn't want to play OU. I was wondering how long until the excuses were formed by ESPN.

ESPN shouldn't be making excuses. Oregon lost Kellen Clemens, thus they weren't that good going into the game. It seemed like everyone wanted to go to San Diego, and when I talked to my friend on his visit home, he couldn't wait to get out there and play. ESPN is a fucking joke.

Cal and Texas should get the free pass, Oregon should not.

Edited by Kingofthe909

Same story that Cal and Texas got the years previous. It's nothing new.

Keith Jackson and Dan Fouts calling the Rose Bowl ought to be pretty damn good.

Yeah but it's not true b/c all we heard about was how Oregon was ready for this and wasn't going to let that happen. And then it happens.

There it's shortened. I got to work today and everyone at OU is flying high over this bowl win.

Of course there are still morons calling in to the local sports radio station and bitching "oh well if Peterson hadn't fumbled" or "That wasn't pass interference. the ball was uncatchable." and I just want to scream "We won! Get over it! It's a W in the bowl game! Something OU hasn't had in 2 years. Be happy!"

There it's shortened. I got to work today and everyone at OU is flying high over this bowl win.

Of course there are still morons calling in to the local sports radio station and bitching "oh well if Peterson hadn't fumbled" or "That wasn't pass interference. the ball was uncatchable." and I just want to scream "We won! Get over it! It's a W in the bowl game! Something OU hasn't had in 2 years. Be happy!"

This happens with every team's fans. I remember last year when the Eagles put 47 points up on Green Bay and people were still finding things to bitch about. You just have to deal with the hater portion of the fanbase.

Yeah I don't even care if Texas or USC win now. OU got their bowl win. And despite all the bitching from our fans OU dominated the second half of that game until that last drive.

Although if Ingram hadn't gotten that interception then Oregon would've won. Thank god for him.

Of course if Oregon had Clemens OU probably would've lost but we can't think like that.

It's funny because I thought the game was boring for a while but once OU won it suddenly became a fun and good bowl game.

I sorta thought this would happen to Oregon, losing to an Oklahoma team they should have beaten. Teams that are "screwed" out of the BCS tend to do this. There's been the mention of Cal from last year, but what about the time Kansas St. lost the Big 12 title game, got screwed out of any kind of major bowl, and ended up in the Alamo vs. Purdue....and lost.

It's tough to get up for a lesser bowl against a lesser opponent. Now the U of L vs. Va Tech game will be interesting along those lines, since Va Tech figured they'd be in the BCS, but so did U of L. It's the game of underachievers.

Please. As has been said in this thread earlier. Oregon has no excuse. They knew they were playing Oklahoma. Yeah OU was down but on name value alone they should've known what they were up against.

If they can't get up for a bowl game, even if it's one they didn't want to be in, then they deserve to lose and nobody should make petty excuses for them. OU was just the better team last night. They were about to out physical Oregon on both lines and make the big plays to win.

There was no BCS letdown. Oregon just lost to a team that came out and outplayed them. The OU D line was destructive all night and UO never had enough time to attempt the deep ball. Cal was better than Oregon was this year and OU was better than Texas Tech. Oklahoma still has top 10 (top 5?)talent on the team. The two qb system backfired against the first good defense it had to face. The one good thing Oregon can take away from this game is Bellotti grew some balls. Against USC he was afraid to gamble on 4th down and never got a chance to extend the lead. Against OU he just said fuck it and went for it multiple times and called some nice trick plays.

OU will always have Top 5 talent under Bob Stoops. Unfortunately this year they had young talent.

People at OU are really excited about Malcom Kelly, Juaqin(SP?) Igelsias, and Manuel Johnson. They're three really good freshman recievers. What's funny is that none of the 3 weren't considered to be that great of a talent and they were at the very bottom of the depth chart. Travis Wilson and Jejuan Rankins were the senior starters at WR and Lendy Holmes and Quentin Chaney were considered to be the freshmen WRs of the future.

Well Holmes and Chaney turned out to be huge disappointments and Wilson got hurt and Rankins just became a returner.

And Paul Thompson was moved to WR and he's been decent but not great.

So it's funny that those three are being considered our wide recieving core of the future when nobody even thought about them to start the season. People claim they'll be a better trio than Clayton, Bradley, and Wilson.

Of course there are also people that think that Bomar will be better than Jason White. I'm still not sold on him.

And Allan Patrick looks like he'll be a great successor to Peterson. He was a DB before this season.