TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Astro101

Impact! Ratings for New Year's Eve shows

Per PWI:

The 12/31 New Year's Eve edition of TNA Impact, which aired at in a special timeslot of 8 PM Eastern, scored a a 0.8 cable rating with a 1.5 share.

TNA's midnight 30 minute edition of Impact featuring the announcement of Sting's debut and AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels challenging NWA World Tag Team champions America's Most Wanted scored a 0.7 cable rating with a 1.6 share.

The Monday night replay of each, which aired in a 90 minute block on 1/2, scored a 0.5 cable rating with a 1.4 share.

-----------------

I truly thought it could possibly go as low as .5 or .6...but it shows that the fans that TNA has will continue to watch. Good news that the ratings stayed the same, though in the earlier timeslot...but a .7 at midnight is also good.

More detailed info, from PWI:

12/31 New Year's Eve edition of TNA Impact, which aired at in a special timeslot of 8 PM Eastern, scored a a 0.8 cable rating with a 1.5 share. The show scored a 0.6 among people 18-49 (610,000 viewers) and among males 18-49 scored a 0.9 (456,000 viewers)

TNA's midnight 30 minute edition of Impact featuring the announcement of Sting's debut and AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels challenging NWA World Tag Team champions America's Most Wanted scored a 0.7 cable rating with a 1.6 share. Among people 18-49, it scored a 0.6 with 626,000 viewers and among Males 18-49, the show scored a 0.9 with 449,000 viewers.

The Monday night replay of each, which aired in a 90 minute block on 1/2, scored a 0.5 cable rating with a 1.4 share. The show scored a 0/3 with 305,000 viewers among people 18-49. In Males 18-49, it scored a 0.5 with 249,000 viewers.

For those curious, UFC's programming did about the same level of viewing. On 12/31, UFC at 7 PM scored a 0.8 with a 1.5 share. The UFC block from 9 PM to 12 AM following Impact scored a 0.7 cable rating with a 1.5 share. The UFC repeat following the midnight Impact scored a 0.5 cable rating with a 1.7 share.

Wrestling fans are losers.

And yes, I know what I've suggested with that statement.

..and going out on New Year's is suggestive of not being a loser?

Man, TNA needs to show some damn growth on their ratings. I know this was a holiday show but they need to improve improve improve. Fuck this "Well at least they have some fans that will watch no matter what!"

Like people don't do the same shit they do on New Year's every weekend anyway. I'd rather stay at home with my girl watching movies/tv than go out to some shitty/packed club. :P

Guest Leelee

Plus, most people who go out on New Years' Eve are probably going out every Saturday night anyway.

But, I didn't watch... so, I'm cool.

Guest SavageRulz
Man, TNA needs to show some damn growth on their ratings. I know this was a holiday show but they need to improve improve improve. Fuck this "Well at least they have some fans that will watch no matter what!"

Growth would be nice but consistency is good. It showes that they have a dependable audience that will follow them through timeslot preemptions, plus watch despite good shows or bad.

There talks that Spike is going to start giving TNA some primetime slots to air some of their DVD material to test the waters for a new night or possibly going to a 2 hour format on Sat night.

Guest Leelee

No. Growth is what is needed. I'd say the biggest part of the audience is smarks who mostly watch because it's Not WWE.

Impact gives absolutely no reason to draw new viewers in.

I was able to turn on the 8:00 show at the party I was at, but mainly because most females hadn't shown up yet and there was no objection. I tried the switch at Midnight again, but the crowd turned against it.

I don't have a Nielsen box...so what I watch doesn't matter.

I wonder with the complete (or supposed) US switch to digital in 2009... will the Neilsen box will be come obsolete? I can't help but think that the cable companies should be able to track watch you're watching and when through a digital signal. Maybe then we'll get some accurate ratings not based off of what a small percentage of the country is watching.

I should also note that even though I stayed in on New Year's, I still managed to miss BOTH Impacts that night. I was hoping for a replay, but all I've been able to catch is recaps on Xplosion. :(

No. Growth is what is needed. I'd say the biggest part of the audience is smarks who mostly watch because it's Not WWE.

Impact gives absolutely no reason to draw new viewers in.

I'm sorry, they're not going to show growth in the crappy timeslots they're in and with them constantly changing timeslots.

I did a little snooping around online, and found out that Impact is fairly close to the Daily Show ratings wise, which usually gets a 0.8 - 0.9 rating.

jonstewart.jpg

Jon is not pleased.

Guest JMA

Ratings wise (on Comedy Central), The Daily Show is only second to South Park. The Colbert Report is third.