TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iggymcfly

Iggy's Final 2005/2006 College Football Rankings

1. Texas (13-0) - The Texas Longhorns are the undefeated, undisputed champions of the world. They went into Pasadena and they just outscored the defending national champion Trojans. A lot of people thought that the Longhorns' defense woud have to make the difference for Texas to win, but they just went score for score with the champs. In the end, Vince Young just ran too fast and threw too well for Leinart, Bush, and Co. to keep up. Tremendous win to cap a tremendous season for Texas.

2. USC (12-1) - No way that the Trojans can possibly fall further than this. They were one or two coaching decisions away from being crowned "best team in the history of college football" by the national media. If they give Bush the ball on the last third down, or run play action on fourth down, or maybe if Bush runs upfield instead of going to the sideline with 0:08 to go, we might be looking at a three-time champion right now. As it is, the Trojans will have to settle into their place in history alongside the 2002 Miami squad, as a great team that just didn't quite get it done when it mattered most.

3. Ohio State (10-2) - Yes, they lost to Penn State with the conference title on the line, but that doesn't mean they're not the third best team in the country. They lost to Penn State because they were on the road, the same reason Penn State lost to Michigan. The loss to Texas is also a non-issue, as there's no one in the country that could stop this Longhorn team. After watching the Buckeyes pick apart Notre Dame while Penn State struggled with FSU, deep down I just know that Ohio State's the better team at the end of the year.

4. Penn State (11-1) - Now, despite the the slight of dropping them a spot at the end of the year, I'm not trying to take anything away from Penn State's run this year. It was incredible. A Nittany Lion team that was supposed to do nothing at all blew through their schedule, and were 0:02 against Michigan away from going 12-0. The fact is that Penn State passed every test this year, and accomplished more than they could possibly be expected to. Great year for JoePa's crew.

5. West Virginia (11-1) - The Mountaineers were disrespected all year, but they came up huge when it mattered most. They came back from a big 4th quarter deficit to beat Louisville with the Big East on the line, and then they ran all over an elite Georgia team. West Virginia not only won respect for their program with that win, but may have saved their entire conference from being relegated to the ranks of mid-majors. When your looking at what a team's accomplished in a year, winning the Big East, and then winning the Sugar Bowl has to be right up there near the top.

6. Notre Dame (9-3) - This may look a little high after watching what the Buckeyes did to ND in the Fiesta Bowl, and seeing USC's aura of invincibility get crushed in the Rose Bowl. However, every upper echelon team has two goals for the regular season. Get to a BCS bowl, and win the national title. If they can't do the second, then the first is the most they can hope to get out of the regular season. Notre Dame got the job done there, going through a very tough schedule to end up with nine wins, and they were still one close call away from a Fiesta Bowl victory. The fact of the matter is, there are only two teams that in the nation that could beat OSU at a neutral site, and they were deciding something a little more important on Jan. 4.

7. Georgia (10-3) - Okay, so the Bulldogs didn't look very good in the Sugar Bowl, getting embarrassed in their home state. However, if they hadn't solidly beaten LSU with the conference on the line, they never would have gotten that opportunity. If I'm Mark Richt, I take a Sugar Bowl loss over a Peach Bowl win every day. Also, it's not like WVU was that much more talented than Georgia; the Dawgs just overlooked their opponents and came out a little flat. The BCS bowls are a showcase, and earning the right to play in that showcase is more crucial than coming out a little rusty when you get there.

8. LSU (11-2) - LSU may not have accomplished everything they wanted to this year, but that doesn't mean that they don't have scary talent. The Tigers absolutely destroyed a highly ranked Miami team in the Peach Bowl, and have every reason to look forward to next year. Not only does Matt Flynn look as if he might take JaMarcus Russell's job next year, he looks like he could lead LSU to the Fiesta Bowl. Great finish to the season for the Tigers.

9. Virginia Tech (11-2) - The Hokies may have lost their undefeated season against Miami, and their conference crown against Florida State, but they were still the best team in the ACC, as they blew through most of the competition en route to a 7-2 conference record. If that's not enough, they also have a road win over Sugar Bowl champ West Virginia, and a Gator Bowl win over Louisville to keep them warm through the off-season. The Hokies still have an elite program, and definitely have the kind of talent that you wouldn't want to face in a playoff.

10. Alabama (10-2) - The final rankings are about what a team accomplished throughout the entire season. Well for half of the season, Alabama was the third best team in college football. Their defense was the best in the country, and their offense was still relatively explosive behind Brodie Croyle and Tyrone Prothro. Unfortunately, Prothro went down for the season, and with him Alabama's SEC title hopes went downhill as well. However, that defense was still more than enough to completely shut down an explosive Texas Tech team holding them to just 10 points in a Cotton Bowl victory. Definitely a Top 10 year for the Tide.

11. Wisconsin (10-3) - Wisconsin played a very tough schedule this year, and still managed to send off Barry Alvarez with a ten win season. The Badgers picked up huge regular season wins over Michigan and Minnesota, and then finished off the season with a dominating victory over the Auburn Tigers. The Badgers were a couple wins short of elite status this year, but their Capital One Bowl victory shows that they are still a very good football program.

12. Auburn (9-3) - The Tigers both started and ended the season with disappointing losses (to Ga. Tech and Wisconsin respectively). However, in between those games the Tigers played some of the best football in the country. They beat the SEC Champion Bulldogs with DJ Shockley in the lineup, and then followed that up with a win over Alabama as well. Take out a missed FG against LSU and Auburn might have been playing in the Sugar Bowl. While not consistent enough to crack the Top Ten, the Auburn Tigers definitely showed flashes of brilliance during a very good 2005 season.

13. Florida (9-3) - Expectations were sky-high for the Florida Gators coming off the hiring of Urban Meyer as head coach. It seemed that pretty much anything less than an SEC Title would be a disappointment for the mighty Gators this year. While they didn't quite reach that goal, they have plenty of reasons to be optimistic for the future. Their wins were as impressive as any team in the nation's as they defeated both SEC Champion Georgia and ACC Champion Florida State in the same year, the latter being by a huge margin. The Outback Bowl may not be where Gator Nation wanted to end up this year, but the win there is something that Meyer can build on, and the Florida program should be back to contending for national titles in the near future.

14. Florida State (8-5) - Consistency was a huge issue for the Seminoles this year, as they lost games to the likes of Virginia, NC State, and Clemson. Yet in really big games, Florida State's talent still shone through. Season opening clash with Miami to establish dominance in the ACC? Win. Battle with BC for the Atlantic title? Win. ACC Title game with Virginia Tech? Win. Sugar Bowl against #4 Penn State? One missed FG away from victory. The Seminoles got the job done in big games this year, and had about as good of a five-loss season as any team could possibly have.

15. Oregon (10-2) - A ten win season's a ten win season, even if the competition is somewhat mediocre. The loss to Oklahoma was disappointing and will cast some of the Ducks' accomplishments in a rather unflattering light. However, the Sooners were the worst possible matchup for Oregon and their weak front four. Against another mid-level opponent, the Ducks could have easily finished the year 11-1.

16. Miami (9-3) - The vaunted Miami defense that looked so dominant against the Hokies earlier in the year looked absolutely lost in a 40-3 Peach Bowl loss to LSU. If you don't think the bowl game mattered or if you don't think this year was really a failure for Miami, just ask Larry Coker. The man fired nearly his entire staff after the loss, as the Canes were absolutely embarrassed. The Canes still have the building blocks for a big year, but until they can come up with a big win without the stigma of being an underdog, they will not return to their previous level of prominence.

17. UCLA (10-2) - UCLA also had a ten-win season in 2005, defeating Oklahoma and Cal along the way, before finishing up with a Sun Bowl victory over Northwestern. While they played very well for the balance of the year, the black marks on their season were so black that they can't be ignored. When most of your wins come by 3 or 4 points, and your losses come by 45 and 48, you just have to say that the team overachieved and leave it at that. UCLA did all they could with their talent, but against a tougher schedule, they might have been exposed much further.

18. TCU (11-1) - The Horned Frogs accomplished about as much as they possibly could this year. They beat Oklahoma in the opener, went undefeated through MWC play, and then beat a very good Iowa State team in the Houston Bowl. They were a letdown game against SMU away from being undefeated, and finished with a much better year than most of the BCS teams they're not supposed to compete with. When wondering why TCU isn't higher however, remember this. The worst bad loss for the other "top" programs doesn't approach the quality of the SMU loss. If TCU faced the kind of opposition week in and weak out where a "letdown" game was NC State or even Stanford, their results might not have been as good.

19. Oklahoma (8-4) - After a start that looked like it could lead to the most disappointing season in recent Sooner history, Oklahoma rebounded nicely, and ended up one bad call away from finishing the season on a seven game winning streak. The wins at Kansas and Nebraska look much better in hindsight, and the Holiday Bowl victory over Oregon was a great capper to the season. With Vince Young likely going to the NFL, Oklahoma may be the favorite to pick up another Big XII title in 2006.

20. Boston College (9-3) - The Eagles didn't have a big year, but they steadily and consistently pounded out a solid season. Coming from a very down Big East, there was a question if BC would be able to compete with the traditional ACC powers. They answered that question with a resounding yes, finishing one loss away from qualifying for the ACC title game, and then defeating a game Boise State team in the MPC Computers Bowl.

21. Michigan (7-5) - The faithful followers of the Maize and Blue won't want any positive spin on the school's first five loss season since 1984. However, there are many positives to look at here. The Wolverines defeated #4 Penn State, and were one of the most feared teams in the Big Ten when Mike Hart was healthy. They have many of the pieces coming back next year, and have more than enough talent to reach the Rose Bowl. Given all the things that went wrong this year from injuries to officiating, it seems likely that this will be remembered as one bad fluke season, not the start of a steady decline.

22. Texas Tech (9-3) - The Red Raiders didn't play the toughest schedule this year, but they did have a very successful season by and large. They finally established themselves as one of the top programs in the Big XII, finishing second in a conference that wasn't anywhere near as bad as it appeared early in the year. Mike Leach's program is slowly moving forward, and may challenge the Texas's and Oklahoma's of the world for the conference crown some time in the near future.

23. Clemson (8-4) - The Clemson Tigers finish 2005 on a roll, winning their last three games against Florida State, South Carolina, and Colorado. An upset, a rivalry win, and a bowl win, should be enough to keep the alumni happy, and the football program will have plenty of momentum and confidence going into 2006.

24. Nebraska (8-4) - The Huskers redeemed a disappointing season in the Big XII with a huge Alamo Bowl victory over classic power Michigan. Perhaps most importantly, this will buy Bill Callahan some time with Lincoln fans to allow him to rebuild the program. When you're changing 100 years of history, turning a Wishbone offense into a spread passing game, you're not going to be conference champions overnight. However, the Huskers definitely look to be on the right track for the future.

25. Louisville (9-3) - The Cardinals had all the talent in the world, but just couldn't come through in big games this year. They blew 14 point leads not once, but twice in the fourth quarter. You could see all the pieces for an undefeated run this year, but when Rutgers is the only bowl team you beat all season, it's hard to be overly effusive with the praise.

Dude, you put some teams above U of L that we'd beat by 40 points. Clemson? Nebraska? TCU? I mean come on. U of L should have certainly been top 15, and next year we'll be ready for WVU here and kick their asses. I won't excuse the USF embarrassment but let's face it...the other 2 losses we had were in some fashion VERY screwy (be it the illegal onside kick with WVU or Vick needing to be ejected).

And by the way, Penn St. should still be #3. OSU still has 2 losses, I don't care what they did.

Edited by cabbageboy

Dude, you put some teams above U of L that we'd beat by 40 points. Clemson? Nebraska? TCU? I mean come on. U of L should have certainly been top 15, and next year we'll be ready for WVU here and kick their asses.

I'm with iggy on this one. U of L played in the weakest BCS conference this season and, despite some decent out of conference ass-whoopings (Oregon State and UNC), lacks the resume of any other three loss team. Their best win all year was probably Rutgers or UNC, and they lost in both of their games against top programs, screwy calls or not. In my personal rankings I'd probably have them at about #23, maybe ahead of Michigan and Nebraska.

I disagree a bit on the top 10--namely, LSU being any lower than #5, which is where I'd probably have them. Wins over four consensus top-20 programs--the most impressive array of victories, I'd argue, outside of Texas--and only one bad loss has got to at least push them ahead of Notre Dame. While the Irish pushed USC to the wire and played well against Ohio State, their best win on the year is over a 7-5 Michigan team. I'm all for playing well, but at some point you have to count the wins.

1. Texas

2. USC

3. Penn State (by inches)

4. Ohio State

5. LSU

6. West Virginia (this is the lowest team whose performance this season I consider elite)

7. Virginia Tech

8. Alabama

9. Georgia

I don't know who I'd stick at 10. I'm wavering between Wisconsin (quiet year, strong finish), Auburn (beat Georgia and Alabama, and were playing better than any other SEC team through the last few games), and the Irish (schedule ended up easier than it looked initially, but played well all season and handed out ass-whoopings along the way).

I'm not understanding all this Notre Dame love. Sure, they are a good team, but #2? Come on. They were exposed in the Fiesta Bowl and the game was alot worse than 34-20.

Edited by hockey_fan

I'm not understanding all this Notre Dame love. Sure, they are a good team, but #2? Come on. They were exposed in the Fiesta Bowl and the game was alot worse than 34-20.

Just pray that Vince comes back, because if he doesn't you know the media is warming up the preseason #1 for ND due to returning a ton of starters. Also, with the exception of the USC game, every challenging game (PSU, Michigan, UCLA) is in South Bend.

Edited by therealworldschampion

Not just yet for Notre Dame. Weis is a good enough coach, to take Notre Dame to another BCS game. Overall talent on defense is still going to be lacking.

I'm fundamentally opposed to putting LSU over Georgia. Both teams had two losses during the regular season with both of Georgia's losses coming with Shockley either out, or at less than 100%.

Then, the SEC Championship comes, and Georgia beats LSU 34-14. Not 34-31, not 21-20, 34-14. There was a game to determine which team was better and Georgia won it definitively. If Georgia hadn't beaten LSU that way, then they could have gotten fat on Miami, but they shouldn't be punished for winning that game.

If you want to put Notre Dame down at #8 below Georgia and LSU, I'm fine with that, but I really think the Irish are a little bit better. Put Notre Dame on either side of the Sugar Bowl, and I think they go 10-2.

As for Louisville, come on now. Here are their results away from Papa John's Stadium:

at Kentucky W 31-24

at S. Florida L 45-14

at West Virginia L 46-44

at Cincinnatti W 46-22

at UConn W 30-20

vs. Va. Tech L 35-24

Now, tell me that looks like a Top 15 team. And their best home win was over Rutgers, so it's not like they were world-beaters there either.

Yes, they're really good at blowing out bad teams when they play at home, but that's not enough to be an upper-tier, elite level program. I kept them in the Top 25 because of their talent, but until they do something against somebody with a pulse, they really don't deserve to go much higher.

Edited by iggymcfly

ESPN.COM's Pat Forde preseason top 25:

Picking the 2006 Top 25 in January is dumber than an improvised lateral on the dead run to an unsuspecting teammate. (Was that really you, Reggie Bush?) But that's the job today, pending radical rewrite after the NFL draft evacuation is over and signing day is complete.

What follows is the first word on next season:

1. Texas Longhorns

Why: The monkey is off their back and lies dead at the Longhorns' feet. They know how to win championships -- and if Vince Young comes back to join his deep cast of skill-position support, they'll win another one.

Why not: Four major losses on defense, and there's no guarantee that the perfect chemistry from this year will carry over.

2. Ohio State Buckeyes

Why: Did you see Troy Smith, Ted Ginn and Antonio Pittman carve up Notre Dame in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl?

Why not: The Buckeyes lose all three members of a great linebacking crew, plus two key offensive linemen. And they have to play in Austin next fall.

3. West Virginia Mountaineers

Why: One of the surprise teams of 2005 should be better in '06. Quarterback Pat White and running back Steve Slaton were amazingly productive as freshmen, and they have plenty of other offensive weapons to rely on.

Why not: The secondary must be rebuilt, and we all remember how the Mountaineers underachieved in 2004 with top 10 expectations.

4. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Why: Brady Quinn, Jeff Samardzija, Anthony Fasano and Darius Walker should all return along with another strong line, so the offense will torch scoreboards again. The defense will improve. And there's a strong recruiting class coming in. Charlie Weis is just getting started.

Why not: The Irish will be breaking in some new linebackers against a schedule that includes six 2005 bowl squads.

5. USC Trojans

Why: If you've been paying attention the past three years, you know why. Regardless of the expected NFL exodus, there is plenty of talent ready to step forward at Troy.

Why not: All good things come to an end -- especially when the best and most experienced players in recent school history are gone.

6. LSU Tigers

Why: Tons of talent at the skill positions and the defensive backfield, and tons of momentum from that flattening of Miami in the Peach Bowl.

Why not: Some key losses on both lines. Settling on a quarterback could be troublesome -- and Les Miles can ask Phil Fulmer about what a quarterback controversy can do to a team's chemistry.

7. Florida Gators

Why: Chris Leak should continue to progress in Urban Meyer's offense, and Meyer should have a better handle on what will work in the SEC. Lots of other talent to be found on both sides of the ball, and another very good recruiting class is on the way.

Why not: If Leak looked skittish behind a veteran offensive line, what will he look like behind a rebuilt one in '06?

8. Oklahoma Sooners

Why: Adrian Peterson should return to Heisman contender form, Rhett Bomar should take a major step forward at quarterback, and the defense should be up to usual Bob Stoops standards.

Why not: A shaky offensive line in 2005 only gets younger in 2006. And although Bomar impressed with his toughness in the Holiday Bowl, he's still got a long way to go before mastering his position.

9. Miami Hurricanes

Why: Kyle Wright will be better, and in Greg Olsen and Ryan Moore, he'll have a couple of quality targets to throw to. The Hurricanes' secondary should be excellent again.

Why not: Concerns exist regarding the leadership of the program, from the head coach to the upperclassmen, after the disaster in the Peach Bowl. Keep an eye on how many players declare early for the draft, too.

10. Oregon Ducks

Why: Start with a sensational offensive line and add plenty of skill talent and very good coaching.

Why not: Defense will miss Haloti Ngata up front, and quarterbacks Dennis Dixon and Brady Leaf will have to prove they're big-time leaders and playmakers.

11. Michigan Wolverines

Why: If Mike Hart stays healthy and Chad Henne continues to progress, the Wolverines will still score a lot of points. And the defense will have a lot of experience at linebacker and in the secondary.

Why not: When was the last time this program lived up to expectations?

12. Auburn Tigers

Why: QB Brandon Cox and RB Kenny Irons are two great places to start on offense, and the secondary should be among the best units in the country.

Why not: The Tigers have considerable turnover at receiver, plus a few holes on the defensive line and at linebacker.

13. Penn State Nittany Lions

Why: The skill-position speed that helped turn around the program will be back. If linebacker Paul Posluszny returns and quarterback Anthony Morelli can even approximate Michael Robinson's leadership skills, the Nittany Lions will not regress very far from their 2004 form.

Why not: Take Tamba Hali, Alan Zemaitis and Robinson out of the equation and you've lost a lot. And Morelli doesn't have Robinson's mobility, which will change the scope of the offense.

14. Louisville Cardinals

Why: If Brian Brohm returns healthy from knee surgery, he and running back Michael Bush will both be strong All-America candidates. There is speed and talent on defense and at wide receiver that should only improve by next year.

Why not: There are some key offensive line losses, and star rush end Elvis Dumervil has left the building.

15. Cal Bears

Why: Fantastic running backs and receivers and an experienced defense team up with Jeff Tedford's coaching.

Why not: Still not sure the Bears have a big-time quarterback, and they lose a couple of very good offensive linemen.

16. Virginia Tech Hokies

Why: The defense should again be very fast and very good, and Marcus Vick should continue to mature and improve.

Why not: Until the Hokies prove they can properly finish off a season, and until Vick gets the punk element out of his game, there is reason to doubt this team.

17. Georgia Bulldogs

Why: Mark Richt has elevated his program to autopilot contender status. The Bulldogs will have one of the best linebacking corps in the nation.

Why not: This team could struggle offensively. Quarterback will be a question, as will the line.

18. Florida State Seminoles

Why: Gritty showings in the ACC title game and Orange Bowl show that pride and talent remain in Tallahassee.

Why not: Early entries could hurt at several key positions, and questions remain about FSU's offensive direction.

19. Alabama Crimson Tide

Why: The Crimson Tide is just about all the way back from probation. Mike Shula has answered all questions about his readiness for this job.

Why not: No Brodie Croyle, no DeMeco Ryans, and no cushy five-game home stand to start the season.

20. Nebraska Cornhuskers

Why: Another kingpin program proving that its rebound is well underway. The Cornhuskers ended 2005 with tremendous momentum and seem to have a firm grasp on Bill Callahan's passing offense.

Why not: Some holes to fill on the offensive line, and still some credibility issues for anyone from the Big 12 North.

21. UCLA Bruins

Why: Maurice Drew could be a Heisman candidate, and Ben Olson should have the chops to fill Drew Olson's big shoes at QB.

Why not: Still waiting for definitive proof that the Bruins are serious about playing defense.

22. TCU Horned Frogs

Why: Running back Aaron Brown could be a breakout star as a sophomore, and there is very good young talent at linebacker as well. Gary Patterson has done a remarkable job adding to the program foundation laid by Dennis Franchione.

Why not: Hard to replicate 11-1 for a second straight season, especially given some of the close calls the Horned Frogs had.

23. Arizona State Sun Devils

Why: Pick a quarterback, Rudy Carpenter or Sam Keller, and the Sun Devils will again be powerful offensively. Some D-I transfers will help immediately on defense.

Why not: ASU has had a problem getting over the hump and becoming a legitimate national title contender, in part because of chronic defensive shortcomings. Will it be much better in '06?

24. Iowa Hawkeyes

Why: Drew Tate could be the best quarterback in the Big Ten, and he'll have 1,300-yard running back Albert Young alongside.

Why not: Linebackers Chad Greenway and Abdul Hodge are finally gone, leaving a major void in the middle of the Hawkeyes' defense.

25 South Carolina Gamecocks

Why: Things should only get better offensively in year two under Steve Spurrier, especially with big-time wide receiver Sidney Rice back. The defense should be strong as well: the entire secondary returns, led by safety Ko Simpson.

Why not: There still is not great talent in Columbia, so depth will be an issue. Gamecocks also must find a replacement for punter/place-kicker Josh Brown.

Pat Forde is a senior writer for ESPN.com. He can be reached at [email protected].

Woot! People seem to have fallen in love with OU again.

The final Sagarin rankings had OU had 9th this season.

No one has fallen in love with them. Theyre just a good team with a Heisman candidate who had an off year. Had they beaten TT they would be a respectable 9-3.

Iggy, lemme ask you this. Let's say Vick had been justifiably tossed for his actions in the Gator Bowl and from there U of L wins that game (even with a backup QB). Where do you put them then?

WVU looks to be wildly overrated going into next year. They're going to have to go to Va Tech and also Papa John's stadium. Sure, they'll score on U of L, probably about 35 points. Thing is, U of L at home will put up at least 42.

I believe Miami also has to come to Papa John's next season unless they buy their way out of it. This season was a transition year into the Big East for U of L...next year is the time.

I bet on Louisville that game, so I had every reason to be partial, but I still didn't think Vick should have been tossed. It just didn't look that flagrant to me, and I'm not even sure it was completely intentional looking at the replays, (although Vick's apology might lend itself to that conclusion).

However, if Louisville hadn't choked, and had picked up a good win against Virginia Tech, they'd be ranked significantly higher. Off hand, I'd say anywhere between 13 and 16; definitely ahead of Virginia Tech and UCLA, with Miami, Oregon, and Florida State being question marks.

Edited by iggymcfly

Good. Make a new thread.

Never mind, I did that part for you.

Edited by Kingofthe909

DeMarco Murray one of the best HS running backs in the country said he was going to OU. He had an OU and USC hat in front of him and they asked him where he was going. He picked up the USC hat and everyone started cheering then he tossed it back down on the table and picked up the OU hat and put it on. Hells yeah.

Also defensive tackle stud Gerald McCoy is supposed to go to OU but he hasn't declared yet.

DeMarco Murray's decision was hilarious.

He goes "I pick the University of....." and he grabbed the USC hat. Then he tossed it down and put on the OU hat and the announcer said "The University of what?" and he said "The University of Oklahoma!" He's not a big guy like Peterson but he's supposed to be fast as hell and have some moves and he'll back AD up.

So why'd you just tell the same story twice in a row?

Do you really need to ask? It's Damaramu. Just let him babble until the thread falls off the page.

(iggymcfly notices that this is his football ranking thread which gives him a sexual thrill every time it gets a reply.)

I mean, umm, why did you repeat that story Dama?

I was telling the story of Gerald McCoy and then I saw more on DeMarco Murray so rather than just edit my old post I just retyped it so that it would top.

... what?

Yo, Iggy. I want to hear your honest assessment of the SEC East headed into next year. Is it really going to be the clash-of-the-titans atmosphere that I think it's going to be, with even more consistent top 15 matchups than we had this year? And, if so, do you see a national title contender in that pack? I never ask people for an in-depth prediction on something and refuse to listen to the media, but after a solid season of analysis, I trust you Iggy.

I just thought it was cool what he did! Acting like he was going to go to USC and then being like "fuck that!" and putting on the OU hat. It was really cool and I'm really happy he's coming to OU.

I just thought it was cool what he did! Acting like he was going to go to USC and then being like "fuck that!" and putting on the OU hat. It was really cool and I'm really happy he's coming to OU.

That's not too bad, although it seems to much like a "Sting reveals the nWo black and white shirt then rips it off and has Wolfpac underneath" ripoff to me, although that's probably just the wrestling fan showing though.

It was funnier b/c there must've been USC fans in the crowd. They cheered when he picked up the USC hat and then when he put on the OU hat they went silent and his family were the only ones cheering.

Also defensive tackle stud Gerald McCoy is supposed to go to OU but he hasn't declared yet.

DeMarco Murray's decision was hilarious.

He goes "I pick the University of....." and he grabbed the USC hat. Then he tossed it down and put on the OU hat and the announcer said "The University of what?" and he said "The University of Oklahoma!" He's not a big guy like Peterson but he's supposed to be fast as hell and have some moves and he'll back AD up.

I heard that Notre Dame was pushing hard for McCoy.