TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Raw Rating...

One night after Edge defeated John Cena for the WWE Championship at New Year's Revolution, WWE fans tuned into Monday Night RAW in huge numbers.

This week's RAW delivered a 4.3 rating. That's up 16 percent from last week's 3.7 rating.

Edge and Lita's live sex celebration proved to be the highest rated segment of Monday's show, delivering a 5.2. This marked the first time RAW reached a 5 rating since February

I got this from fuckin WWE.COM.

Guest Evolution

Of course, when they saw the payoff of what happened, they were likely just as turned off as ever. Just another silly, silly angle that won't bring people back next week.

I attribute it to....people wanting to see naked lita...or the title change. We'll see what kind of rating smackdown gets......that could be part of the reason WWE spoiled it.

Proof that some people are really stupid. They actually thought there was a small chance of a real live sex show. What they got was something about as interesting and sexy as a Mae Young table dance segment.

Although Ric Flair was hilarious but drunk grandpa is always hilarious.

Are you sure they didn't just want to see the first main event confrontation segment with the new champ? That was enough to keep me a lot more interested in Raw than usual. No matter how they billed it, it was the segment that set up the main event on Raw for the next month or so.

I was interested in seeing who'd crash it. I figured Cena would, setting up the rematch (which would suck from a ringwork perspective, and also from a promo perspective more than likely, but it should be done), but we got Flair. Which is good, because I remember a week or two ago had Edge doing that fucking AWESOME Flair impression regarding his road rage.

Edge as WWE Champion is something I knew I'd see in the next 10 years from when he debuted at SummerSlam '98 (debuted on-air, anyway), and I'm glad he finally made it.

Edge debuted on TV before SummerSlam '98 on RAW in either June or July. It was quite the dubious debut since he almost seriously injured Jesus Castillo's neck of Los Baricuas with a somersault suicide dive. I remember it was so serious that Steve Austin even came out to check on him. It turned out to just be a stinger though.

Proof that some people are really stupid. They actually thought there was a small chance of a real live sex show. What they got was something about as interesting and sexy as a Mae Young table dance segment.

I disagree... people knew it would be a bait and switch, they stuck around to see what they would do. Either not follow through with it or who would crash it.

Let's see if they can keep the ratings up without having 'live sex' to lure people in. Chances are things will be back to normal next week.

Man speaks truth.

We'll see how may viewers they lose when they announce that the Michaels vs Angle match is off.

Let's see if they can keep the ratings up without having 'live sex' to lure people in. Chances are things will be back to normal next week.

We'll see how may viewers they lose when they announce that the Michaels vs Angle match is off.

They may actually use that to keep people tuned in. Tease that Angle vs. Michaels isn't happening and get people to keep watching to see if the match really does happen. And then it either won't or will but end in a screwjob and people will be pissed.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

That match is still happening.

Guest Ransome

Titties = ratings.

Even for smart marks.

The segment broke a record for most users visiting TSM.

152 (set January 11) is not an all-time record. The 'record' must have been reset a few times during forum upgrades. Post-Wrestlemania XX had 300+ users viewing the forums, as I recall.

I disagree... people knew it would be a bait and switch, they stuck around to see what they would do. Either not follow through with it or who would crash it.

I was honestly suprised they went for as long as they did before Flair crashed the party.

Titties = ratings.

Even for smart marks.

The segment broke a record for most users visiting TSM.

152 (set January 11) is not an all-time record. The 'record' must have been reset a few times during forum upgrades. Post-Wrestlemania XX had 300+ users viewing the forums, as I recall.

Raw was Jan 9th. There were 257 users. Not as much as Wrestlemania and Eddy but it's enough to tie ECW ONS for next highest.