TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
the max

Portable DVD players

I'm not an expert on things like this, so bear with me.

I'm interested in a portable DVD player since they look cool, practical and I have some extra money to spend on one. Are there any specs that I should be looking for? I've seen a lot of them offering smallish screens (3.5"), but I have my eye on a 7" screen from Circuit City. My only issue is whether or not I should spend the extra money and get a magnavox or simular well known brand name one, or go with the Polaroid one that I'm really interested in.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDeta...-_-Polaroid%207

that's the one I'm looking at. Just wondering if anyone has a portable DVD player and can give me tips or anything.

The Polaroids are good for the money - I received an 8" from my mother as a gift from her car dealership. I've had it for just over a year, and it's superb with DVD+R and DVD-R, which will sell you on it if you're into tape trading. Just be sure to get the "Protection Plan", because the battery on the player is very tempermental when it comes to charging it up. If you charge it for too long, it slowly degrades. For now, the only problem with my player is the dim picture, but I'm going to send it in for a small fee due to not having a protection plan.

I also have a Polaroid, but am not too happy with the screen quality. Then again, its 7", so what do you expect?

And he's not kidding about the battery.