TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
super_tigris

PROMO: A Walk Down Memory Lane

The SWF cameras cut away to a clip in night vision – obviously pre-taped. The camera zooms out and a dim light shows over the green and black room, not bright enough for it to effectively make a difference. It zooms in on a darkened figure that begins to speak in a tone that’s inexplicably dark and preacher-like.

“We live in a world dictated by people who neither wish to understand our lives – those of us who are dumped on and denied any true and significant freedom-,” the figure speaks with a tone that seeks explanation, “Or our opinions.” The camera flashes to an Asian man standing directly behind the figure with his hand upon the figure’s shoulder as if to console him in his efforts to find an answer, however, the man cannot be identified despite the cameras best efforts to reveal his true identity.

“All my life I was thrown around by people who claimed to want the best for me, who claimed to be there for me when my parents denied me a normal life and abandoned me,” the figure hangs his head momentarily as if to recall tragic events that haunt his deep and dark past, “After my creation not by love, but by greed.” The Asian man looks stern now, as if to physically show his disagreement with the way the figure was treated.

“Family to family, then to another, I’ve had my arms and my legs moved by a puppeteer.” The figure snaps his head up and turns showing his anger and hatred for the people who had controlled his past. “Then from what they called family to who they called my father. Age 11, beaten, strangled, bruised, and then denied – I was no son and he was no father.” The figure regains composure and hangs his head once again.

“Sleepless nights brewed the silence that created the corrosion that was my sanity which tripped over the scent of alcohol on my father’s breath. But who was I to understand why I was so hated? All I’ve ever known were the backs of the people who I thought I should’ve loved, all I’ve ever known was insanity and depression.” The Asian man in the background smirks, and then shows a bottle which he pops open and drops out a tablet from.

“But now clarity comes, but now understanding of my silence, my denial, my existence, and my depression – IT ALL COMES FROM THIS!” The figure holds up his fingers which are pinched on a tablet that the camera confirms by zoom. “You see, I am manic, I never wanted to be anything, I never understood why I existed. But now, oh yes, now...” Both the figure and the Asian man smirk confidently, “Now I have purpose.” The figure downs the pill and then pushes the camera away which tumbles to the ground destroying the rest of the footage. The gray scratching is followed by grunge-like text that reads, “Michael Cross and the Asia Underground…1/29/06.”

OOC: ARGH, I totally meant "Who's" in the sub-title.

Sign in to follow this