TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
2GOLD

Trojan virus infection

Ok, so basically I have a trojan virus on my computer and I cannot find out how to kill it. Everytime I try to find something on it, I just get sent to some BUY THIS website.

It's the TROJAN.VIRTUMOD and I would really like it dead and buried. Anyone know what it does and how to kill it?

You want to kill it? Reformat your hard drive.

Seriously, that's the only sure thing I've found that kills viruses. Though you probably want something slightly less drastic.

You want to kill it? Reformat your hard drive.

Seriously, that's the only sure thing I've found that kills viruses. Though you probably want something slightly less drastic.

Download Trojan Hunter. If that suckers survives that, then reformat.

I had a Trojan a few years back, and that sucker latched on to the system32 file. Man that computer was FUBAR after that day.

Download Trojan Hunter. If that suckers survives that, then reformat.

I had a Trojan a few years back, and that sucker latched on to the system32 file. Man that computer was FUBAR after that day.

Trojan Hunter missed it completely, didn't even find it when the normal virus scan (which had no idea what to do) did find it. I killed off the Qhost trojan but the other two seem to just be there. I really hate Trojans, they are just a pain in the ass to get rid of.

how'd you get it?

Honestly? I have no idea. I got them all when I was using the virus open door program better known as Internet Explorer. Qhost I know how I got, it was on another friend's computer and it hooked onto a song she sent me. It's gone and it's never really a problem.

The Virtumod and the downloader.2655 aren't even listed in virus definitions so I have no idea what to do with em. I'd really like to know how I got em cause if they all came from my friend's machine, I'll be pissed.

ETA: Found out Virtumod is actually Trojan.Vundo which causes the Winfixer bullshit. So I think I've finally found a way to gtet rid of it. I still gotta figure out the downloader but at least I'll get this one off.

how'd you get it?

Honestly? I have no idea. I got them all when I was using the virus open door program better known as Internet Explorer. Qhost I know how I got, it was on another friend's computer and it hooked onto a song she sent me. It's gone and it's never really a problem.

The Virtumod and the downloader.2655 aren't even listed in virus definitions so I have no idea what to do with em. I'd really like to know how I got em cause if they all came from my friend's machine, I'll be pissed.

ETA: Found out Virtumod is actually Trojan.Vundo which causes the Winfixer bullshit. So I think I've finally found a way to gtet rid of it. I still gotta figure out the downloader but at least I'll get this one off.

do you have a firewall running?

http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojvirtumodd.html, is that the definition you may be looking for? This is installing more malware on your CPU, you may want to try scanning for spwyware or using hijack this and posting a log to see what you have going.

Actually, I finally found a virus scanner that finds and fixes the problems. I doubled checked my logs and they are gone. Apparently my scanner program was just a p.o.s so I replaced it with a better one. Now the viruses have been caught and removed and my computer is faster than ever before.

Thanks to all those who helped. That Virtumod was just annoying but it's finally handled.

What was the name of the better virus scanner? I'm having a similar problem with my PC.

I got the Trojan.zlob virus, or at least that is what Norton is telling me. The really annoying part is that it detects two infected files, a tmp file and an unknown file. So, no matter how many times I delete the tmp file, the unknown file is still there, and is probably replicating the virus. I don't want to reformat yet because I have a ton of stuff on my pc.