TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

Low Ki leaves RING OF HONOR

There has been a disgreement in business arrangements between Low Ki and ROH management. Low Ki has canceled all his ROH bookings as stated in a headline at Low-Ki.com.

We will announce new matches for the ones that Ki has already been advertised in next week.

This will mark the end of Low Ki in ROH. We are sorry things turned out this way and apologize to the ROH fans for the lineup changes.

-ROHWRESTLING.COM

------

ROH is having a rough week, having lost Milano Collection AT, Abyss and Low Ki.

This causes a massive dent in ROH's plans as he was booked to headline the company's 100th show in April in a re-match of the classic three way with Daniels and Dragon, also with Roderick Strong on 2/11 and the big CZW/ROH double-header in a ROH legends tag match, and was likely to play a key role in the wrestlemania weekend triple-shot event.

he's bald like Austin... now he walks like Austin?

all kidding aside I'd love to know exactly what caused the blow up, so any vague rumors that we can blow totally out of proportion?

he's bald like Austin... now he walks like Austin?

all kidding aside I'd love to know exactly what caused the blow up, so any vague rumors that we can blow totally out of proportion?

This isn't the first time Low Ki has done this, or even the second time. The word spreading around the roh boards is that Low Ki wouldn't do the job to Strong and that's why he left.

I don't think thats the issue at all. Low Ki had 3 major matches on his plate (2/11, 3/11 and 4/22, not to mention wmweekend), it's obviously a money issue. I have a feeling Low Ki tried to ask for more money after he "saved" the day by replacing Joe last weekend on the Ohio shows and Gabe, who is a Heyman disciple, feels that he can make anyone a star in ROH (it's true to an extent) wasn't going to give into Low Ki's demands.

Low Ki will be back, as far as we know, bridges werent burned and it's not like ROH hasn't rebuilt the bridges with Ki before.

He'll be back, Low Ki cannot function without Ring of Honor and Ring of Honor needs starpower like Low Ki. Give it a few months and Ring of Honor will be desperate enough to bring him back.

There is speculation this is a work and Ki will side with CZW in their little interpromotional feud.

Because of how Ki has done business in the past, I wouldn't put it past him to walk out again, however, I wouldn't put it past Gabe and Co. to try to work ROH fans either.

Top 3 reasons for this latest development..

1) Money. He is either owed money or tried to hold up Gabe after subbing for Joe this last weekend.

2) Didn't want to job. This could be because he jobbed against the NOAH guys in the fall plus filled in for Joe when they needed him and felt like he shouldn't job versus Strong. This is the shittiest of the reasons.

3) It's a work to get more believability and mileage in the ROH vs CZW feud.

Which one do you all think it is?

Why the hell do indy guys complain about doing a job every once in a while? "Oh no, three hundred people are going to see me get pinned after a 20 minute match. Nope, can't do that, no sir."

Because theyre marks.

Yep, it's getting a big head before you get big.

If that's the case. For all we know, he could be owed money or upped his price and Gabe didn't cave in.

Top 3 reasons for this latest development..

1) Money. He is either owed money or tried to hold up Gabe after subbing for Joe this last weekend.

2) Didn't want to job. This could be because he jobbed against the NOAH guys in the fall plus filled in for Joe when they needed him and felt like he shouldn't job versus Strong. This is the shittiest of the reasons.

3) It's a work to get more believability and mileage in the ROH vs CZW feud.

Which one do you all think it is?

3) is very far-fetched as I can't see Gabe willingly blowing up 3 major announced matches involving Low Ki, just to add fuel to a fire that doesn't require Low Ki "jumping ship".

In cases in like this, I usually look towards $ issues but with Low Ki, you make exception and have to point at reason 2. He's known for not jobbing and since his return to ROH in 2004, he has only really put over Jay Lethal (as far as company workers are concerned). In 1 1/2 years, he put one guy over. That tells you alot, even Joe put over more people and you have to consider Joe, ROH's biggest star.

Alot of people want to point at Steve Corino and use him as an example of being leaving ROH on their own, and to come back. The difference is, that was a personal issue between Gabe and Corino.

As of right now, this appears to be business ($ and jobs).

I do think it's bad business to hype 3 major matches involving someone of Low Ki's status(2/11, and 4/22 were centered around Low Ki's involvement) including a major match at their ECW Arena debut on 3/11 and just letting him go.

I would have liked to see Low Ki and Gabe agree to honor those shows but Low Ki isn't bound by a contract to do those shows. I do believe Low Ki will return, maybe even by this fall and the rohbots will simply forget it happened and embrace him again.

It's ironic, that on the heels of the "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT" that's due tomorrow, ROH lost a mid-west darling in Abyss, a rising popular attraction in MCAT and now they lost 1/3 of their headliners for the 100th show, all in one week.

I just find it funny, last week Low Ki was ROH's "savior" and now he left again.

Even when Ki jobbed to Lethal, it was after he'd already beaten him in a match the same show.

Abyss wanted a more prominent role, ie not being the 4th most important member of the Embassy anymore, which is fair, and Gabe didn't want to push a TNA guy over ROH guys, which is also fair. So this was pretty amicable.

MCAT just wasn't getting used to any meaningful extent. Also he apparently doesn't get on with Dragon's Gate, with who ROH are said to be negotiating for closer ties, if that means anything.

WHy did ROH lose Abyss and Milano?

Eskimo covered Abyss, whom I believe was a great part of the ROH roster and should have gotten a slightly bigger push, although I wouldn't put him as a consistant main eventer but he could've done more then just six man tags.

The problem with Abyss is that he towers almost everyone on the roster, even Joe and basically Abyss had a limited amount of people to work for because the david vs goliath stuff can only go so far. Its a shame because Abyss and Alex Shelley have incredible chemistry together.

MCAT, in addition to the dragon gate issue is likely to head to WWE very soon, so that was another issue. It should be noted that Gabe once said if he had MCAT as a regular, he would put the title on him. Problem was, MCAT never could become a regular despite his massive overness with the crowd. It's a shame he never really had his breakthough match with ROH.

I like this bit I took from Pat McNeill of the Torch site regarding ROH and the departures...

Less than two years ago, ROH was in even worse shape when TNA pulls its wrestlers from ROH events. The good news for Ring of Honor is that it's a promotion built around a concept, not around a specific wrestler or group of wrestlers. As long as ROH is using top-notch talent and putting on top-notch shows, they will survive, and probably thrive.

It's true, ROH is designed similarly to ECW in regards to booking aroind a concept rather then a set of wrestlers. This and the dedicated fan-base is where the ROH=ECW comparisons stop however.

ROH has survived turmoil, departures over the last 3 years because of how they structured the company. Some might argue it won't let them expand much larger but that's not their intention. They WANT to be a niche promotion because it has worked for them and they are making money rather then losing money.

Gabe will always make sure to not let his promotion slip from his hands and he learned from Heyman's mistakes and knows to let Cary Silikan handle the business aspects and Gabe handles the booking and writing.

As long as they have a solid roster who continues to statisfy the fans, they won't die. Look at the rosters in 2002, 2004 and now 2006 and you can see how ROH (with about 6-8 exceptions) have kept evolving and changing.

Konnan is on WOL and said he's trying to get Low Ki into TNA as part of LAX.

TNA is wise to put Low Ki and Homicide together with Konnan as the mouthpiece. What are the chances they will give a call to Reyes or Romero? Might as well, while they are at it.

Speaking of which, why isn't Julius Smokes or Prince Nana getting offers from TNA? Get them there, now.

Speaking of which, why isn't Julius Smokes or Prince Nana getting offers from TNA? Get them there, now.

Julius Smokes vs. Scott D'amore in the battle of dog-barking.

Julius Smokes vs. Scott D'amore in the battle of dog-barking.

Julius Smokes wins, hands down.

Smokes needs to be on TNA TV, now.

Guest shark boy super fan

he'll be back he always does but for the time being pw elite should book him