TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

Your 2006 NBA All-Stars

East

C: Shaquille O'Neal

F: Jermaine O'Neal (injured, replacement to be announced)

F: LeBron James

G: Dwyane Wade

Allen Iverson

Reserves

Ben Wallace

Rasheed Wallace

Paul Pierce

Richard Hamilton

Chauncey Billups

Chris Bosh

Vince Carter

West

C: Yao Ming

F: Tim Duncan

F: Tracy McGrady

G: Kobe Bryant

G: Steve Nash

Reserves

Pau Gasol

Elton Brand

Shawn Marion

Ray Allen

Tony Parker

Kevin Garnett

Dirk Nowitzki

SNUBBED~: Carmelo Anthony, Marcus Camby, Tayshaun Prince, Baron Davis, Jason Richardson, Sam Cassell, Michael Redd, Jason Kidd, Richard Jefferson, Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Chris Webber, Samuel Dalembert, Mike Bibby, Brad Miller, Rashard Lewis, Andrei Kirilenko, Mehmet Okur, Gilbert Arenas, Antawn Jamison

Let the debate begin.

Who should the snubbed players be replacing on the roster?

No one. I'm just saying you could have put any one of those guys in without too much complaint.

Even though there are some guys on the rosters, as far as I'm concerned, the only ones I feel snubbed were Arenas and Carmelo. I am crossing my fingers Arenas is the reserve that Stern picks (I think on Tuesday he is supposed to pick it) and even though I like Ray Allen more than I like Carmelo, Carmelo probably should've been there over Allen.

Those are the main two I feel were snubbed. If Camby had played more... maybe. He had a great start of the year, but spent too much time out hurt. Then again, that's why I can't stand fan voting. I don't think Yao or T-Mac deserve it this year.

Another person to add to the large list of people that could've made it from the intial post, I'd say Chris Kaman. He has probably been one of the most consistant starting center in the West this year.

I think Baron Davis should be in, but thats what you get playing in the west for Golden State even if they do have a decent in playoff contention team this year. Nobody cares about them outside of wherever the hell they play. But he's averaging almost 20 pts (19.1) and 10 assists (9.4) a game, the only other guy close to that is Nash (19.2 and 11) and he's in.

Not to mention he's on my Fantasy team..

Who should the snubbed players be replacing on the roster?

No one. I'm just saying you could have put any one of those guys in without too much complaint.

I understand what you are trying to say, just don't like the term snubbed in this situation.

Prince wasn't snubbed. One of the more overrated players in the league.

Thank you. Someone had to say it.

Prince is a valuable role player, spectacular at times, but he is SO FAR from an all-star it's not even funny. He's the 4th option on that team, but for a guy who's specialty is supposed to be defense you have to do a LOT better than 4 boards, .6 steals, .4 blocks per. He plays 35+ a night, and his numbers are weak. I'm all about intangibles, but come on. This is the 24 BEST players in the league, it really pisses me off when a guy like Charles Barkley is trying to pimp Tayshaun Prince for the all-star team. All because the Pistons are having a great year? Were people pimping Ron Harper back in 97? HELL NO.

I'm pretty sure Charles Barkley doesn't even watch the games, because I remember a couple months back he was pimping Villaneuava for rookie of the year, claiming he'd been "more consistent than he was in college". Meanwhile, at the time C-Vil was alternating between near 20-10 games and games where he'd have like 4 points and 2 boards in 25 minutes.

Tayshawn does what Ben Wallace does, only he rebounds and blocks less shots. Take him off the court and the Pistons will see a big difference. He isn't going to be a numbers guy, but he does allstar stuff on the court. Not that he should be one in this lineup, but I wouldn't really call the guy overrated.

Honestly, in the East, I would have taken off Hamilton and replaced him with Arenas in the first run, and Dwight Howard would have replaced Jermaine.

In the West I would have taken off Allen and replaced him with Chris Paul. Seriously people. NO is PLAYOFF team this year.

Goddamn billy knight...

Agreed. Tayshaun does a lot of things that don't show up in the stat sheet, even more so than Ben Wallace, who does get 12-20 rebounds a night, 2-6 block and 2-4 steals. If he was a better scorer, he would be drawing all kinds of comparisons to Pippen. I saw the game last night and he had a good game offensively.

Overrated? No.

But that being said, there was no way he was going to get on the All-star squad this year. If he continues his development, he'll go at least three times before his career is over.

Kidd >>>>>>>>>>>>> Pierce

I really don't know the answer to this- does each team have to send a rep to the All-Star Game?

If so, the Celtics have no other option.

Mark Blount was robbed.

Kidd >>>>>>>>>>>>> Pierce

I really don't know the answer to this- does each team have to send a rep to the All-Star Game?

No. Gasol is the first time the Grizzlies have ever had an All-Star.

Like I said, though, I would have put Kidd in, but ahead of Carter, not Pierce. Carter's out there stuffing his stats like he always has, the reason his team just happens to not suck this time is because of Jason Kidd. Pierce has at least come off as having some commitment to winning, even if the Celtics' brass can't put the winning pieces around him. Carter has never shown that he cares about anything other than his individual accolades.