TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yuna_Firerose

Best (cheapest) video card for a laptop?

Copied from my post at PlanetVampire:

I've been working with the game all day - from 9am til 4pm; probably reinstalled about twenty times, now.

After installing, I'm able to get to the main menu, tone down all of the visuals/audio to the min. Reboot game. I can create a character, view the embrace with almost perfectly smooth playback.

Same for the Prince's speech. A bit of lag between the audience shots, but almost perfect. Even lip-synched.

Then, as he bids his Kindred to depart, it lags on his final words, crashes to desktop.

I tried putting in the console so I could skip it, yet altering the shortcut - as I've read on here how to do - brings up an error in loading.

Installing the official patch brings about the error message of 'Unable to load GameUI.dll' Same for the unofficial patch, the PnP Mod patch.

Even tried skipping the intro movies via the PnP patch -- which sorta works. I see the 'Embrace' loading screen, and then 'Kindred'...and then back to desktop I go.

I get the 'ntdll.dll' error as well... Could it be the sound screwing things up and not the graphics?

Please help. Thank you.

Sys Specs:

Dell Latitude 110L

Processor - Celeron M 350 1.30GHz

RAM - 512mb DDR 2-400 2

Graphics - Integrated Intel 910GML

I tried googling nVidia GeForce graphic cards for laptop - after trying to navigate through the confounding site - and there's just so many choices, so many results per search... gives me a headache trying to figure out which one is best. I'm looking for nVidia GeForce - anything to be able to play the game smoothly - yet one that isn't too pricy. Say in the $30 - $50 range.

Any suggestions/pointers/good deals? ^^ Thanks in advance -- forums such as these are quite the lifesaver.

No chance in hell you can find one for $30-50.

It depends on the interface, basically. If you know how to crack open your notebook and you know your way around inside the case, you can probably buy yourself a card -- if the original isn't integrated onto the motherboard. If it is, no can do; you're going to need to get a new notebook to change the vid card. If you have a physical video card inside your case, there are other options.

http://search.ebay.com/geforce-go_W0QQcatr...ZQ2d1QQsbrsrtZl

Look around for one and get one, but being that you're upgrading a laptop, it's one of those "at your own risk" type things.