TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HollywoodSpikeJenkins

PROMO: "Come Out Swinging"

PROMO: "Come Out Swinging"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coming off a big victory and title defense, Zyon travels around the back of the Rose Garden, preparing to leave for the evening. The SWF Cruiserweight Title slung over his shoulder and his duffle bag in his hand, nothing is stopping Zyon from heading out and enjoying the night after his solid victory.

Nothing at all…until Spike Jenkins steps in front of him, blocking the door from his path. Zyon steps back, startled as his “best friend” glares at him.

“Well, I kinda thought this would happen sooner…” Zyon trails off as he drops his bag on the ground.

“I think now is a really good time…” Spike says as he lifts his finger into the air and slams it into the chest of Zyon, “You eliminated me from the Clusterfuck.”

“Yeah, I did,” Zyon responds with, “It IS every man for himself.”

“It is…but if you didn’t try your little flippy-floppy stuff, I would have won! I would have been the first man to enter at Number One and go on to win it! I would have gone down in the history books!”

“Well, I did try my flippy-floppy stuff and I did eliminate you. It was every many for himself, what was I suppose to do? Let you win?”

“You got us both eliminated, damn it! I was the Iron Man! I was in that ring for the longest amount of time and had so many eliminations! I would have won if you didn’t screw up!”

“As far as I see it, I didn’t screw anything up.”

“You’re lucky I don’t live the past,” Spike says with a slick grin coming over his face, “I only look towards the future. And the future involves that title,” Spike points at the Cruiserweight Title held over Zyons shoulder, “I want a title match.”

Zyon looks at his partner and friend, wondering what could be going through his head. Finally, after thinking all his options through, he responds.

“No.”

Zyon tries to sidestep Jenkins and leave the arena, but Spike grabs him by the collar of his shirt and pulls him back. Zyon throws his arm in the air, knocking Spike off of him and backwards. Both men, obviously frustrated with the other, get in each other’s face.

“What do you mean, No? I thought you were this big defending champion?” says Spike.

“I am. I don’t know if you’ve been watching, but I just defended it against two people.”

“So you will defend it against any two random guys, but you won’t defend it against your friend?”

“That is EXACTLY right. I’m not going to put my title on the line against you because I don’t want it to come in between our friendship. Yeah, we may walk into the match as friends, but who knows about afterwards? Why do we have to have another match, anyway? Didn’t we settle who the better man was at Ramadomination? I beat you in the middle of the ring! It’s over, Spike! Come on, man! Besides, we have other things to worry about! Did you hear about the Lethal Lottery?”

“Yeah, I heard.”

“Well, on Smarkdown, we are going to have a match. We should focus on that. We should focus on winning the Tag Team titles like we planned on a few months ago! Not fighting over the Cruiserweight title!”

Spike nods his head in agreement.

“Okay. I’m going to get going. I’m going to celebrate my successful title defense. Call me up later, alright bro?”

“Yeah, sure…” says Spike as Zyon picks up his bag and begins to make his way towards the door, “You do realize I am going to get a Cruiserweight title shot, right?” he says, without turning to look at Zyon.

Zyon stops dead in his tracks in the middle of the doorway. He turns to look back at Spike, “Whatever, I’ll see you later…” and with much conviction in his voice, “…Buddy.”

But Zyon didn’t mean it like a normal friend would call a friend a buddy. Taken back by the tone of his voice, Spike responds with, “I’ll see you later…PAL!”

Nearly knocked back from the blow, Zyon goes into gunslinger mode and responds with, “Take care…CHIEF!”

But Spike Jenkins is not a Chief. He is not an Indian Chief. He is not the Chief of Police. He doesn’t play for the Kansas City Chiefs. He is not a Chef, which is spelled like Chief, just without the “I” so when you go to spell Chief and forget the “I”, it comes out like Chef.

So he responds with the most extreme comeback possible, that no man can withstand its power.

“Have a good night…GAYLORD!”

Zyon shakes his head, staring at Jenkins with disbelief. They both look around confused…and walk away in opposite directions.

I like that. Particularly the explanation about how Spike is not any kind of chief or chef.

Sign in to follow this