TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
justcoz

Bringing CM Punk to main roster...

Just random fantasy booking. CM Punk and Maria are dating I guess. John Cena was just kissing Maria on Raw. While I know that they would never bring Punk up and immediately put him into a main slot opposite Cena there is still a way to introduce Punk as Maria's pissed off boyfriend and lackey role for HHH.

Cena is jumped and bloodied backstage. The common belief is HHH is behind the attack. HHH denies the accusation. Security cameras reveal that it was a mysterious blonde attacker with Maria screaming in the background for him to please stop.

Punk tries to jump Cena again the next week but is restrained by security and cuffed by police. Maria is crying as she tells police that it's her boyfriend. HHH enters the picture telling the police that he's connected with the McMahon family and requests that they release Punk, his bail is paid for by HHH. The next week HHH reveals that he has plucked Maria's boyfriend from obscurity in wrestling's indies with the promise of becoming a star and joining HHH to avenge Cena's play on his woman.

Punk loses to Cena in a Raw main-event and HHH goes into the ring and verbally berates him. Slapping him in the face and telling him that just because a few hundred losers on the internet think he's a star doesn't mean anything. HHH throws Punk out the door of the arena telling him to go back to wrestling in high schools.

The following week, Maria pleads with HHH to give Punk another chance. HHH is about to pedigree Maria when Cena comes to the save. Cena backs HHH into a corner and Maria, with an unwilling look on her face, gives a crotch shot to Cena who is then pedigreed by HHH. HHH nods approvingly at Maria who appears disappointed and concerned as she looks down at Cena in pain.

Punk wrestles in squashes with various indie jobbers with HHH in his corner verbally berating him and serving as a mentor of sorts. Punk accompanies HHH to the ring and serves as HHH's towel boy. HHH also forces an unwilling Maria to accompany him as his valet.

If Punk impresses management they build to the slow Batista like babyface turn. If he doesn't impress management, HHH buries him to Velocity, Heat or the indies.

http://www.pittsburghnetradio.com

Although it would never get the approval of the McMahons and I'm not even sure if it would get over with most WWE fans, that's actually a really interesting idea that, if done properly, seems like it'd be pretty entertaining.

sounds pretty original rather than the usual vignettes, debut, cut a promo or two, squash a few perennial jobbers, go back to heat or velocity and maybe move back up to the main show. That seems to be the cycle most of the newer guys seemed to take when I was still watching.

Yeah, it's very unlikely the McMahons or HHH would go for such a storyline. The general belief would be why give someone like CM Punk a rub that he hasn't earned yet. Of course, it's nothing to insert Chris Masters or Gene Snitsky into a main program on their debut. There are also shoot elements to the storyline that I proposed which pretty much write themselves, something creative doesn't pay enough attention to. So someone like HHH is critical of Punk and doesn't think he can cut it on a level above the indies? Why not write that into a storyline? Make him HHH's bag carrier and play off of it. It's at least a sensisble way to introduce him to the audience.

Plus, I still think there is money in Maria in a Miss Elizabeth kind of way.

Yeah, it's very unlikely the McMahons or HHH would go for such a storyline. The general belief would be why give someone like CM Punk a rub that he hasn't earned yet. Of course, it's nothing to insert Chris Masters or Gene Snitsky into a main program on their debut. There are also shoot elements to the storyline that I proposed which pretty much write themselves, something creative doesn't pay enough attention to. So someone like HHH is critical of Punk and doesn't think he can cut it on a level above the indies? Why not write that into a storyline? Make him HHH's bag carrier and play off of it. It's at least a sensisble way to introduce him to the audience.

Plus, I still think there is money in Maria in a Miss Elizabeth kind of way.

They could build up Punk as sort of HHH's protege. It would give him an excuse to bust out the Pepsi Plunge as well. As a tribute to his 'mentor', 'boss', etc. Though knowing WWE, HHH will raise a stink about Punk's big move being a flashier version of his own, so Punk will get "standard small wrestler finisher #42-B" , that being a reverse DDT or a Shinning Enziguiri.

I don't see the Pepsi Plunge as a knock to HHH.

He can always say that he gets the same results from 1/4 the height.

Anything that brings Punk up is fine by me. Anything.

Well, almost anything.

I'm just so afraid that they'll do something stupid. Hell, even Punks interaction with teh spirit squad was golden ...