TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Open the Muggy Gate

THE OAO Raw thread for 2/20/06

You know who was made to look awful in that match?

The ref.

I'm sorry, it's one thing to do something behind the ref's back.

HHH should have been disqualified or something like that. It would have been one thing if HHH had had some sort of manager to distract the referee like that but for that ref to ignore HHH cheating like that and count 1, 2, 3.

It's ugly, worse, it's the kind of thing to inspire eyerolls, and "this is stupid" which I'm sure it did. There was no drama, only a sense of deflation.

You know who was made to look awful in that match?

The ref.

I'm sorry, it's one thing to do something behind the ref's back.

HHH should have been disqualified or something like that. It would have been one thing if HHH had had some sort of manager to distract the referee like that but for that ref to ignore HHH cheating like that and count 1, 2, 3.

It's ugly, worse, it's the kind of thing to inspire eyerolls, and "this is stupid" which I'm sure it did. There was no drama, only a sense of deflation.

Triple Threat matches are automatically 'no DQ'.

The referee is not allowed to disqualify the wrestlers for any reason.

SAYS WHO.

That premise is ridiculous.

Then it would be a hardcore match. All three of those wrestlers have used chairs in past matches, and they never did.

Thats stupid logic. Further, show me where anyone said that. Tell me when someone said that in the match.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
If you disqualify someone, then who gets the decision? I always figured this logical problem was why there were no disqualifications in triple threat matches.

I figure they would just be eliminated from the match like in the video games.

Thats perfectly legitimate, and far more likely than any sort of "anything goes" in a conventional match.

Was it a streetfight? No.

It's not a hardcore match because they're not "supposed to" use chairs, weapons, etc., and the referee is allowed to try to physically restrain them if they do so. However, he cannot disqualify them. There have been numerous times where wrestlers cheated in front of the ref in triple threat matches or interference took place (as in at least 20), and no one has ever been DQed.