TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Random Question Asker

Okay, so you're a wrestler...

Guest Random Question Asker

So you're a wrestler and you're working for the number one wrestling promotion in the world:

wwe_logo.jpg

WWE - World Wrestling Entertainment.

You are a huge star. You get the biggest pops at every live show, you are talented, you are in line for a big push heading into Wrestlemania.

Then there is your best friend:

Eddie_Guerrero.jpg

He is also a big star and gets pops that almost rivals your pops, not to mention he's also extremely talented. Sadly, you're best friend dies due to heart conditions.

Time goes by - you're still the biggest face on the show, you're in the middle of the biggest push of your career, you're in line for a World Title reign, and you just received a very nice raise.

One day backstage, you're in the back - drinking some coffee (or the drink of your choice) when the head of the company comes walking up to you. That's right...

Vince_McMahon_9.jpg

Vincent Kennedy McMahon

And he's smiling which shows he's up to something. Along side is his daughter Stephanie and her husband Paul Levesque.

You tell them hello, and all reply back. Vince then says he says he has a great idea for a storyline leading up to the main event at Wrestlemania which is currently planned to feature you. As he explains what he wants to do, he tells you that the heel champion is going to shit all over your best friend's legacy to cause heat between you and him.

You know deep down that it's not right, but you're in the midst of the most successful stage of your career and you know damn well if you don't go along with it, you're entire career could be changed by this decision. Not to mention you have a family to support.

Would you agree to go along with it or would you say no? What would you say to Vince?

What do you do? What do you do?

If it were me, I wouldn't have a family to worry about. I'd be fine without my career.

Have fun getting squashed by Boogeyman, Snitsky, Tomko, Lashley, Bradshaw, Kane, Big Show, Masters, Jordan, King, Coach...

Guest Princess Leena

Easy decision, since the family of the dead man are also doing anything to keep getting Vince's money. Go full blast. Although, I'd probably bitch about being made to look like a complete idiot, and manipulate my way to a push.

I'd do it. It's money, I got a family to support. Honor and values, don't exist in this business. Just witness all my other "friends" who equally bitch about it, behind the boss's back and to dirt sheets but when push comes to shove? They are on their knees the second the boss enters the room.

It's not like anyone, aside from a small handful (in the grand scheme of things) really take my job seriously. I collect my paycheck, send my kids to the best schools and have a nice retirement saved up because I was smart with my money and all I had to do was perform my job at 1/2 my ability and statisfy a demented lunatic's fantasies.

Guest Eric the Eagle

I'd check with the family first. But if they didn't object, I'd do it.

However, there are limits to what I would stomach being a part of. I'd rather it was something like this - a heel doing it to get a heel reaction, using a guy well known to be my friend, than have it happen casually and for no real reason (Randy Orton using Eddie's car to kill Undertaker), In other words, I'd do it on the caveat that I had some measure of veto, and if not with the family's blessings, at least with them not decrying it.

But then again, I'm the guy who specifically told the promotion I work for to use it for all it's worth if I ever got seriously hurt in the ring.

I'd do it. It's money, I got a family to support. Honor and values, don't exist in this business. Just witness all my other "friends" who equally bitch about it, behind the boss's back and to dirt sheets but when push comes to shove? They are on their knees the second the boss enters the room.

That is an interesting take. Very similar to something I heard from Larry Matysik on Figure Four Daily. On a car ride with Bruiser Brody, Brody told Matysik that for all the tough talk and aura wrestlers have, when it comes to standing up to a promoter about anything, wrestlers are a bunch of cowards. It's why there will never be a union in wrestling and why the wrestlers will never wield any power.

I'd check with the family first. But if they didn't object, I'd do it.

However, there are limits to what I would stomach being a part of. I'd rather it was something like this - a heel doing it to get a heel reaction, using a guy well known to be my friend, than have it happen casually and for no real reason (Randy Orton using Eddie's car to kill Undertaker), In other words, I'd do it on the caveat that I had some measure of veto, and if not with the family's blessings, at least with them not decrying it.

But then again, I'm the guy who specifically told the promotion I work for to use it for all it's worth if I ever got seriously hurt in the ring.

Mick Foley brought up a great point, in his blog when he said something about putting his intentions about how is legacy is used after he dies. I would like to see wrestlers follow his footsteps.

Foley's actions may be one of the reasons that the original plans for No Way Out were tossed.

Originally Chavo and Vicki were to have a much bigger role in the Rey/Orton match. However, they were not part of the outcome at all. Something changed in the 48 hours leading up to No Way Out. I'd like to think someone (Vince) grew a conscience. However, it might've been Foley and/or Guerrero family members and friends saying things have gone too far and they need to stop.

Foley's actions may be one of the reasons that the original plans for No Way Out were tossed.

Originally Chavo and Vicki were to have a much bigger role in the Rey/Orton match. However, they were not part of the outcome at all. Something changed in the 48 hours leading up to No Way Out. I'd like to think someone (Vince) grew a conscience. However, it might've been Foley and/or Guerrero family members and friends saying things have gone too far and they need to stop.

I'm not sure how much influence, Foley has on McMahon but if there is anyone on the roster who would stand up for it...Foley is that guy.

He really has nothing to lose, WWE had cut him off before and they always ask him to come back. Foley has a career beyond wrestling now, his sales might dip but he would manage. Vince wouldn't let him go to TNA anyways.

Foley, probably has the upper hand with Vince.

I'd go for it but make it perfectly clear that the heel champion can only do so TASTEFULLY. Saying my deceased best friend died because of his own mistakes in the past? Good. Saying my deceased best friend is lucky he's dead because, otherwise, the heel champion would have kicked his ass? Good. Saying my deceased best friend is rotting in Hell? Yeah, fuck off.

I'd seriously consider joining TNA. But I'll probably do it anyways.

"Vince, it's my dream to Main Event WrestleMania but please don't take the whole Eddie thing too far, too many people loved him". I think he would understand. If not, I would still do it for the money to have a good life with my family.

Easy decision, since the family of the dead man are also doing anything to keep getting Vince's money. Go full blast. Although, I'd probably bitch about being made to look like a complete idiot, and manipulate my way to a push.

I agree with the Princess. If my friend's family was adamant about how wrong it was, I'd risk my career to honor the requests of the people that I care about. But if the family was willing to keep collecting the paycheck, I wouldn't put it on myself to be the martyr.

Guest adamsummers

hmmm, very interesting question... I'd strongly consider going to TNA, but first I would probably go through with it all, bite my tongue, ME mania, then if I was treated like an idiot (IE: rey right now) then I would jump ship to TNA, do a shoot interview publicly saying sorry for my past actions, he was a dear friend and I was just trying to make a living for my family and myself.