TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hadley

The Super pre-SNME Thread

Guest Hadley

Does anyone think that the upcoming SNME will be disapointing? They probably wont have the old music, no vince and jesse, only two matches announced, neither of which i care to see (though cena/hhh vs angle/rey/orton COULD be good, im not expecting much), and it'll probably be a glorified raw/sd type show. Am i just being cynical or does anyone agree?

Yes, it will.

Since WM is a few weeks after it, they can't do any major payoffs. It is just a "super-Raw, with a few SD matches."

The real question is what the rating will be. I see a 5.2. At the most.

Shane/Shawn will be a crazy enough brawl to make it worth the time. I mean, it's a street fight, so you know not to expect a mat classic or anything. The tag match has the potential to be good.

EDIT: Another reason I don't think it'll be bad is I don't think Vince is dumb enough to do stupid shit on a prime time network special like he'd do on his weekly shows. Then again, he might go all out and have a segment where the Boogeyman eats worms for five minutes while Pirate Paul recites lines from Pirates of the Caribbean.

Eh, it'll be good for what it is, an attempt to showcase current WWE storylines and wrestlers to try and hook casual viewers or former fans who haven't watched in a long time.

Eh, it'll be good for what it is, an attempt to showcase current WWE storylines and wrestlers to try and hook casual viewers or former fans who haven't watched in a long time.

Seriously, what current storylines? So far, the Vince vs HBK storyline is "Vince is mad at Shawn for something". HHH vs Cena is "HHH is like, really awesome, and Cena really sucks but he has the belt", Orton vs Angle vs Rey is "EDDIE! EDDIE! EDDIE!".

Only storylines I know of that are even remotely interesting is the Trish/Mickie one.

Guest Princess Leena

Yes.

But, the kids here will love it when Shane jumps off something, or whatever.

If they wanted to make the RAW Vs. Smackdown! match mean something, they could hype it as the winning brand goes on last at Wrestlemania. Instead we get a handicap match where feuding partners must co-exist for no reason.

Seriously, what current storylines? So far, the Vince vs HBK storyline is "Vince is mad at Shawn for something". HHH vs Cena is "HHH is like, really awesome, and Cena really sucks but he has the belt", Orton vs Angle vs Rey is "EDDIE! EDDIE! EDDIE!".

Only storylines I know of that are even remotely interesting is the Trish/Mickie one.

Well, I didn't say they were GOOD storylines, they are just storylines. On that note, am I the only one who doesn't give a shit at all about the Trish / Mickey storyline? Neither one are very good actors, and the story really isn't going anywhere, and is only going to lead to more bad womens matches.

EDIT: Another reason I don't think it'll be bad is I don't think Vince is dumb enough to do stupid shit on a prime time network special like he'd do on his weekly shows.

Do you mean his prime time network weekly show, or his primetime cable weekly show?

Well it will probably be nothing special. If that's a disappointment than I guess it is. Though I think being on primetime they will try to put their best face on and best foot forward, so the effort will there. I just have my doubts that it will make me want to buy WM. Which I'm not doing. So if anyone else is like me then that might be another reason to call it a disappointment I suppose.

If they wanted to make the RAW Vs. Smackdown! match mean something, they could hype it as the winning brand goes on last at Wrestlemania. Instead we get a handicap match where feuding partners must co-exist for no reason.

Do regular fans really care what match goes on last at Wrestlemania though?

EDIT: Another reason I don't think it'll be bad is I don't think Vince is dumb enough to do stupid shit on a prime time network special like he'd do on his weekly shows.

Do you mean his prime time network weekly show, or his primetime cable weekly show?

Comparing either UPN or USA to NBC is retarded. This is a much bigger platform.

Great. More people to watch Vince's ass when they show the build up Shane vs. Shawn.

You know what happened when NBC showed episodes of my beloved "Battlestar Galactica" last summer?

It got the exact same ratings as it does on the Sci-Fi Channel.

SNME will get the combined viewership of Raw and Smackdown, and that's it.

What generally happens when Vince gets a bigger stage? Instead of just focusing on putting on the best wrestling show possible, he thinks he has to appeal to the same demographics as popular mainstream programs. Do the words "Halftime Heat" mean anything to you?

I think they'll also end up throwing in another Raw/SD match with a 6 man featuring the MITB participants. The 3 from Raw vs. the 3 from SD. That might serve the purpose of establishing which guys are out for the other in that match.

What's funny is that they picked the flat out worst time to get me to watch this SNME. Did they forget a little thing called the NCAA tourney on CBS?

I think they'll also end up throwing in another Raw/SD match with a 6 man featuring the MITB participants. The 3 from Raw vs. the 3 from SD. That might serve the purpose of establishing which guys are out for the other in that match.

The MITB is set to just be Shelton, RVD and Flair.

No, its not. Long announced on Unlimited on Raw that there would be 3 SD participants.

No, its not. Long announced on Unlimited on Raw that there would be 3 SD participants.

I stopped watching Raw ages ago. Did he say who would be taking part?

Guest jumpingbombangel

Disappointment? Not to me. I'm pretty amped about it because it makes me feel like I'm 8 years old again and getting excited for rasslin on "regular" TV.

Of course time's been minimized in the IWC for me lately so it's pretty easy to be happy about wrestling again these days.

Fuckin' breath of fresh air is what it's been, now that I think of it.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

The main event is the babyface world champion, the uber-babyface Rumble winner, and the thrid contender no one gives a shit about playing heel team against the champion no one likes and HHH, who will both be playing face.

Shane McMahon will dominate Shawn Michaels for 15 minutes before he beats himself.

FUCKING DISASTER.

It won't disappoint me because I'm not expecting anything from it. People, Saturday Night's Main Event is just a name. It's not the return of '80s wrestling, it won't be anything like the old SNME, and there will be no Animotion theme song (and unlike seemingly everyone here, I recognize that the last part is a good thing). It seems all the posters here are expecting some giant nostalgia trip, and they're not going to get it.

A disappointment comes when you expect something and don't get it.

I expect certain things like the entire locker room coming out at the end of the show because there is too many politics between the mania maineventers to have anyone pinned, for HBK to beat Shane-o-mac and the closing shot on that segment having McMahon look all ANGRY, and for the commentary to suck, the writing to suck, the wrestling to be uninteresting, and for nothing exciting to happen.

I won't be disappointed.

A disappointment comes when you expect something and don't get it.

I expect certain things like the entire locker room coming out at the end of the show because there is too many politics between the mania maineventers to have anyone pinned, for HBK to beat Shane-o-mac and the closing shot on that segment having McMahon look all ANGRY, and for the commentary to suck, the writing to suck, the wrestling to be uninteresting, and for nothing exciting to happen.

I won't be disappointed.

So if they give you a shockingly good show, will you be disapointed that it didn't suck?

Of course, this show will be a failure and will only cement WWE's status as a joke even more. Granted, 8:00 on saturday on the #4 network, isn't that much better then 8:00 friday nights on the #6 network. WWE will go all for it and that isn't a good thing.

The original plan was supposed to be Cena/Edge III and Angle/UT III (for 06). So what happens? Boy wonder gets into his usual habit and they decide to go with Shane/Shawn instead and toss the 5 main eventers into a pointless handicap match.

When instead, they should have done

Angle/Taker

Benoit/Lashley/Rey Vs JBL/Orton/Finlay

Edge/Cena(non-title)

Triple H/The Big Show

Two hot matches involving the champs, a blow-off match to showcase "The King of Kings". A SD six man to push three different feuds (Benoit/JBL, Rey/Orton and Finlay/Lashley).

Toss in a quickie Woman's title match(Trish Vs Victoria) where Mickie finallys snaps and turns on Trish.

Cena gets a strong victory over Edge (who at this point, couldn't look any worse)

Angle/Taker goes a stong 20 minutes with a non-finish to save IV version at Judgment Day in a I Quit match.

Throw in the apparently neccesary Boogeyman skit, find a spot for Shawn/Vince and that would have been a better show.