TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SilverPhoenix

College Hoops: The Regionals

Because he's useless and I wonder at times why the Eagles keep him around...

Ok good, but everytime I see you post it angers me to look at his stupid face.

The most collective heart-destroying finish ever would be George Mason losing to UCLA via a half court game winning shot after triple overtime in the title game.

The best finish ever would be George Mason defeating UCLA in triple overtime in the same manner.

Just saw an article about one of the four people who picked the Final Four in the ESPN pool. He admits that in a rush to complete his bracket while at work he ended up getting George Mason confused with George Washington.

Other interesting stats about the ESPN Pool

1,584 brackets had George Mason in the Final Four

284 have them winning the National Title

You know what's sad? If GW had gotten the draw that GMU ended up getting they might have gotten to the FF. Through the year I'd say most people figured GW was better. If George Mason had been the 9 seed in that Duke region instead of UNC Wilmington (also from the Colonial) I can't see them getting out of Greensboro.

Guest Princess Leena
You know what's sad? If GW had gotten the draw that GMU ended up getting they might have gotten to the FF. Through the year I'd say most people figured GW was better. If George Mason had been the 9 seed in that Duke region instead of UNC Wilmington (also from the Colonial) I can't see them getting out of Greensboro.

So true... if GW would have been a 3-5 seed like they should have been, they would have had a great chance to go far with their athleticism and style of play. Especially if they were in that awful Oakland bracket.

Brings up a problem with the seedings of the tournament, also... with the changes to give all the high seeds virtually home games in the first two rounds. It's much better being a 10-14 seed, than a 8-9 seed.

He plays Big Ten basketball. You know that slow halfcourt awesome defense stuff.

He was probably tired of the entire state of Oklahoma hating him and calling for his job just b/c he can't go to the Final Four every year. Yeah well 61 other coaches don't make it every year too. And he's got the highest winning percentage in school history.

The most collective heart-destroying finish ever would be George Mason losing to UCLA via a half court game winning shot after triple overtime in the title game.

The best finish ever would be George Mason defeating UCLA in triple overtime in the same manner.

If the former happened, Hofsta fans would be snickering and crying at the same time.

If the latter happened, we would be happy for George Mason, but skinn becomes a curse word on this campus, and we will hate George Mason, forever. Which might lead into the next great college hoops rivalry.

And I still say Colonials beat themselves with poor shooting and too many turnovers, during the Duke Game. If they had played that game like they played the Xavier one, or even the last 10 minutes of the UNC-W game, the game is ALOT closer to say the least.

I guess it's time to start the new thread.

GMU gave out the most number of tickets to students of any university whose team made it to the final four, about 33% of the tickets they received.

GMU, is the closest school to Indy isn't it? That'd probably be key reason for giving out the most tickets because you can get more travelers from D.C area to go to Indy then you would with LA, Florida or Baton Rouge.

That reminds me, If GMU wasn't already the feel-good story... You know that it'd be all about LSU with the obvious Katrina references.