TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
therealworldschampion

Spring college football practices are starting...

It's going to come down to Samardzjia's numbers to determine whether or not Quinn wins the Heisman. If his numbers are great, he'll deservedly win it.

I believe the Heisman should go to the most outstanding player, and the one who makes others into stars. If a player does both, they'll win it.

I would say that and how Quinn does against USC, especially if both teams are in the top 5 when it happens. If Quinn has a great year(which he should) and has a monster performance against USC on national TV and ND wins that game, he'll definitely win the Heisman.

I have on very good word that Sanchez will start games for SC next year.

My source didn't tell me if he would be the starter, but he said that he'd start games.

He also really, really likes the team they have now.

God dang Jim Bob, look what you done.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...1/60605005/1035

KNOXVILLE - Tennessee senior quarterback Jim Bob Cooter, a walk-on from Lincoln County High School, has been suspended indefinitely by Coach Phillip Fulmer for a violation of team rules.

Although the school did not release details of the rules violation, police arrested Cooter Saturday at 3:25 a.m. and charged him with DUI after he failed a field sobriety test. Cooter had been observed near the UT campus driving the wrong way and for failure to stop at a stop sign before police pulled him over.

According to police, a female passenger in the car with Cooter had an open container and was charged with underage consumption.

Cooter, who gained increasing popularity among the fans for his prototypical southern name, was expected to play a reserve role this season and be a scout team quarterback.

I remember hearing about this idea a few years ago but I hadn't realized that it is official for this year. This has disaster written all over it.

250px-Internationalbowlmacvbigeast.jpg

Toronto - January 6, 2007

It'll be the last bowl game before another bad idea, the BCS Title Game.

Ask and you shall receive as I'm behind the times because there another two new bowl games I completely missed being added this year as there's also now the Birmingham Bowl and the New Mexico Bowl. That brings the total to 31 bowls now although the Houston Bowl is apparantly in limbo at the moment.

Remember this year they go back to a 12 game schedule and now all wins vs. D-IAA schools count for bowl eligiblity. Going to be a lot of 6-6 teams going bowling.

I'm going to at least one bowl this year. Where USC and Oregon go, I shall follow, or I'll see the Rose Bowl. Depends on a few things, such as if one goes to Frisco. I'm not going there, no matter what.

If they played on the same day, that would suck. Don't think there's a way for that to happen.

I'm going to at least one bowl this year. Where USC and Oregon go, I shall follow, or I'll see the Rose Bowl. Depends on a few things, such as if one goes to Frisco. I'm not going there, no matter what.

If they played on the same day, that would suck. Don't think there's a way for that to happen.

You a Ducks fan 909? I try to make it to most of their games at Autzen.

No, I know someone that plays for them and live by his family.

They're pretty good people, my dad talks with them whenever he has the chance.

LOS ANGELES -- Southern California's Dwayne Jarrett violated NCAA rules by not paying enough rent for the apartment he shared with Matt Leinart and was declared ineligible -- though the All-America receiver might not miss any playing time.

Article

Wasn't your friend supposed to throw down an OU wide receiver or something?

Maybe he'll get another chance.

He played pretty good, IIRC.

Wasn't your friend supposed to throw down an OU wide receiver or something?

Maybe he'll get another chance.

He played pretty good, IIRC.

It's not like OU's wideouts had a chance to catch anything though with Shit Bomar throwing the ball.

True, but he played Rover.

I'm sure he got some hits on balls over the middle, but I didn't record the game so I don't remember.

I rarely remember normal plays from scrimmage.

I didn't think Bomar threw it over the middle too much and I remember one of the times he threw an INT.

OU rode Peterson and their defense for most of that game.

Like Leaf's interception. I talked to Ingram about that and he said that Leaf had thrown the same ball past him earlier for a huge gain so he knew the pass and was just waiting on it. So when Leaf let go he said his eyes lit up and he knew that it was his. Just like a Leaf.

It'd be shitty if the Houston Bowl was gotten rid of. It's a decent game and gives Houston fans a chance to see decent ball (aside from whenever UT comes down to kill UH or Rice).

I mean, all we really have in Houston is:

UH / Rice (Administaff Bayou Bucket) and

Prairie View / Texas Southern (and really... its all so we can just hear the fuckin bands play...)

So yeah, the Houston Bowl needs to stay. I mean, c'mon, atleast we moved it away from being the "Galleryfurniture.com Bowl"....

People go there because of the uniforms, if you guys didn't know.

I like the yellow ones but the yellow helmet is disgusting.

I had a dream OU was up 42-14 on Oregon going into halftime next season and I got on TSM and talked some serious shit. Then Peterson sprained his ankle and had to leave the game on the first play of the second half.

Bomar threw two INTs in the second half, had a bad snap, and Peterson's backup(Alan Patrick) fumbled three times and Oregon came back to win 45-42. What a nightmare.

Well the Houston Bowl is officially dead and it's being replaced by...a bowl game in Houston. Okay then. Also interesting is who apparantly will be televising the game.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports...ge/4010485.html

The NCAA approved certification today for a college bowl game to replace the financially troubled Houston Bowl.

The game, which does not yet have a title sponsor, will be played Dec. 28 at Reliant Stadium. It will pair the Big 12 Conference's No. 8 team against the Big East's No. 4 team. Conference USA is also included in the bowl contract.

The NFL Network is expected to televise the game.

So what if it's still another 56 days away...national t.v. schedule for the opening weekend is set. Go Vols.

Thursday, August 31

Boston College at Central Michigan, ESPN2

South Carolina at Mississippi State, ESPN

Friday, September 1

Nevada at Fresno State, ESPN2

Saturday, September 2

North Texas at Texas, FSN

Northern Illinois at Ohio State, ABC*

Rutgers at North Carolina, ABC*

Stanford at Oregon, ABC*

Akron at Penn State, ESPN2

Louisiana Tech at Nebraska, FSN

California at Tennessee, ESPN

UAB at Oklahoma, TBS

Notre Dame at Georgia Tech, ABC

Utah at UCLA, FSN

Washington State at Auburn, ESPN2

USC at Arkansas, ESPN

BYU at Arizona, TBS

Sunday, September 3

Memphis at Mississippi, ESPN

TCU at Baylor, FSN

Kentucky at Louisville, ESPN

Monday, September 4

Florida State at Miami, ESPN

Guest Princess Leena

New Mexico bowl? I'm there.

I need to go to a bowl this year. Preferrably a crappy one, and the insight.com here isn't quite horrible... and I'd never get tickets for the Fiesta.