TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Thread

Sorry Chris, but if I was Ottawa I wouldn't want to play Montreal outta Tampa, New Jersey or Atlanta. Maybe dominate was a bit fan-boyish, but its not like Ottawa is giong to walk all over the east.

Sorry? I agree. Tampa is really the only easy touch out of those three teams right now. The East as a whole is going to be really tough. Whoever gets out will have earned it.

I still think, thought, that Ottawa has to be the team to beat, assuming everyone comes back for the playoffs, which is supposed to happen (although I have no idea about Redden). They've just been far too good with the full team playing. The only question is whether they have enough time to recapture the chemistry from late 2005.

You know I was so angry after last nights loss but I just figured out theres no way the Devils can pull that stupid trap/only one good line for an entire seven game series. We didn't have Rucchin, Ruchinsky, Kasparitis, Poti or HERIK in the lineup last night. I'm sorry Devils but Jason Strudwick and Thomas Pock won't be in the lineup come playoff time. Grr I want the playoffs to start right now so they can kick some Devil ass.

Higgins with another goal.

Now Montreal has smart management, they will most likely keep Higgins for a good period of time.

Ovechkin ends his surprising 6 goal drought in OT, to lead the Caps over the Bruins 2-1. The Richard could still be up for grabs with Ovechkin and Cheechoo only 4 back of Jagr. Since I despise the said Czech, if Thornton and Cheechoo could combine for 3 or 4 in a 6-3 Sharks loss tonight, I'd be a happy camper.

*Wonders if Red Baron picked up on the Niagara College reference in that thread. Sorry to detract, but am I still pickin you up at 830 tomorrow from work?

Well, sheeyit. Carolina is now in front in the East (more wins).

I don't expect them to stay there, though, given they have the tougher schedule and Ottawa figures to get most of their players back this week. Hopefully the rumours of the B's quitting on their coach are true...a nice, easy win tomorrow would be nice.

Zednik gets the winner, 3-2 Habs! Woot!

For all I've said about Nashville being a darkhorse and a team to watch, I just don't see Chris Mason bringing the goods in late April.

Incidentally, what is the actual first day of the playoffs? Everywhere I've looked has led me as far as the schedule ending April 18. I assume it's the following Saturday?

Incidentally, what is the actual first day of the playoffs? Everywhere I've looked has led me as far as the schedule ending April 18. I assume it's the following Saturday?

That's a Tuesday, so I have to think it's sooner than that. I actually heard something about Friday, the 21st.

I don't expect them to stay there, though, given they have the tougher schedule and Ottawa figures to get most of their players back this week. Hopefully the rumours of the B's quitting on their coach are true...a nice, easy win tomorrow would be nice.

Somewhere, EHME is nodding knowingly.

Nah, it doesn't really matter who's on top of the divison, all that matters is how they show up come playoff time. Ottawa is known for choking, they have that "Buffalo Bills" curse.

I just feel Carolina is more built for the playoffs then Ottawa.

I don't think Ottawa's known for choking as much as they're known for losing to the Leafs.

Every year they are suppose to be Canada's team to win the cup, every year they fall short.

Remember 2003? That was a choke.

Past history doesn't mean much at this point anyway. We haven't had a season in two years. And many of the best guys on the team don't have most of the history with the Leafs (i.e. Spezza, Heatley, Hasek).

This team has been built to peak in the playoffs. I think they're built for the playoffs more than any other team, at least in the East.

No, 2003 wasn't a choke. They were one period away from going to the Cup.

That's the definition of a choke, buddy. They couldn't close the show.

Nah, it doesn't really matter who's on top of the divison, all that matters is how they show up come playoff time. Ottawa is known for choking, they have that "Buffalo Bills" curse.

I still stand by what I said six hours ago, but EMHE does have a good point. There's a LOT of depth and talent on this Hurricanes team once you really sit and have a look at it.

I'm still thinking that Wednesday's Habs-Sabres could be a first round playoff match-up, but Philly probably put a stop to it on Saturday winning over Buffalo. I don't think there's a Sabres fan alive who would rather see Philly than Montreal in the first round.

Ah, so Calgary choked against the Lightning then.

Gotcha.

I still stand by what I said six hours ago, but EMHE does have a good point. There's a LOT of depth and talent on this Hurricanes team once you really sit and have a look at it.

Their thing is going to be the goaltending. Gerber is completely untested. I'm curious to see if he can handle the pressure, especially as the favourite.

Nope it's not.

Ottawa against the Leafs two years ago- that's a choke.

Ottawa against the Devs- not a choke.

Ewww, I'm defending Ottawa.

They came from being down 3-1 to make a game 7 and lost on a late fluke goal. That's not choking.

Espically with Erik Cole coming back(Which is a possible reason why they are not playing to their level), they have even more talent.

Ah, so Calgary choked against the Lightning then.

Gotcha.

Considering we were robbed in Game 6 of a goal that should've counted, and no one even thought we were going past the 1st round. No that wasn't a choke.

I stopped caring about the Devils a while ago. At least the Nets are good!

Calgary was one game away from winning the Cup. If Ottawa choked as you claim, then so did Calgary.

(Even though neither of them choked)

Nope it's not.

Ottawa against the Leafs two years ago- that's a choke.

Ottawa against the Devs- not a choke.

Ewww, I'm defending Ottawa.

Losing on your home ice in game 7 is a choke IMO.

I stopped caring about the Devils a while ago.

Hey, they really do have no fans now!

Using EHME's tortured logic, anyone who has EVER lost a game, a playoff series, or whatever has choked. Which is ludicrous.