TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Czech Republic

TWIB No. 2: 10 April-16 April

Guest NYankees

THANK GOD the Yankees are up 6 runs. They just has the bases loaded with no outs and failed to score 1 run.

Probably a bad thing. Not likely they'll be able to put up nine spots against contending teams regularly.

The only reason I'm not really caring about that is beside the comeback game against KC, most of those games have been blowouts where the other team usually hasn't scored more than 3 runs.

Fucking ESPN doesn't even go to commerical, just so they can show LA booing Barry as he runs out onto the field, where extra security is on the field.

Guest NYankees
Fucking ESPN doesn't even go to commerical, just so they can show LA booing Barry as he runs out onto the field, where extra security is on the field.

I think that is funny. I was reading on espn.com of how mlb want's to distant themselves away from Barry. I hope the jerk gets booed nightly for the rest of his career.

Dodger fans hated Barry before the rest. Don't forget it.

Also, the booing has been worse before, along with garbage throwing while he's in left field. I only approve of the booing.

EDIT: Unless Phillies fans got on his case like this while Barry was in Pittsburgh. If that's the case, then Dodgers fans weren't the first.

Guest Princess Leena

Ugh...

Does anyone really care what Barry does. Serious question.

I could understand if he was going to tie, or surpass Babe, to be showing his at-bats... but, who gives a shit if he hits #709.

Guest NYankees
Ugh...

Does anyone really care what Barry does. Serious question.

I could understand if he was going to tie, or surpass Babe, to be showing his at-bats... but, who gives a shit if he hits #709.

Espn cares. Just wait til fox starts showing games. You can be watching a White Sox/Indians game and if the Giants are playing you know that they are going to be showing every at bat for Bonds.

Guest Smues

Albert Pujols is an absolute beast. If he stays healthy throughout his career his numbers are going to insane by the time he retires. I think that

WE INTERUPT THIS POST TO BRING YOU LIVE AT THIS VERY MOMENT BARRY BONDS' LATEST AT BAT:

He got hit. The pitcher got ejected like that. The end.

WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING, HOPE YOU DIDN'T MISS ANYTHING IMPORTANT!

Guest Sylvan Grenier
WE INTERUPT THIS POST TO BRING YOU LIVE AT THIS VERY MOMENT BARRY BONDS' LATEST AT BAT:

So Pedro Martinez can bean every Washington batter, but one guy beans Barry and that's it?

Well, the sooner he's back, the better. I dislike Matsui as much as the next Mets fan, but at the very least he's a significantly better hitter than Anderson Hernandez.

I'm still hoping that Keppinger gets a shot at some point, but the chances of that happening are probably ridiculously slim.

Guest Smues

So Pedro Martinez can bean every Washington batter, but one guy beans Barry and that's it?

The umps might have issued a warning earlier in the game, I don't know. Although it would not surprise me if they hadn't. As for Pedro and the Nationals that was such crap. It's really annoying when one team gets beaned a ton and no ejections, yet they retaliate and get an instant ejection.

Anderson Hernandez is a great 2nd baseman though. You don't need anymore offense.

I suppose, but even Rey Ordonez could usually manage a .250ish BA while he was with the Mets. Hernandez can play his position with the best of 'em, but I really doubt that the runs he saves make up for the amount lost by his hitting.

I've been quietly impressed by Keppinger the few times I've seen him. He's a high average singles hitter and I'd like to see him get an opportunity.

And watching Jose Lima during batting practice, I can definately say he's a cut up. Even if he can't pitch, he's still a tremendously fun guy.

Guest Sylvan Grenier

The umps might have issued a warning earlier in the game, I don't know.

Gameday didn't mention a Grady Little ejection, so I presume that the rule is "if you hit Bonds of course it was intentional and we can't have that so you're gone."

I know many won't agree with me, but there's something about games between NL West teams that absolutely bores me most of the time. Perhaps it's the mediocre teams around the division, but damn if I didn't think, "Boy, I can actually get stuff done tonight," when I saw these two were playing.

I've been quietly impressed by Keppinger the few times I've seen him. He's a high average singles hitter and I'd like to see him get an opportunity.

And watching Jose Lima during batting practice, I can definately say he's a cut up. Even if he can't pitch, he's still a tremendously fun guy.

I expect Lima to have a career in broadcasting.

Guest Smues

1 out til this game is over, and the crawl at the bottom for coming up on SportsCenter is all about Barry Bonds. Surprise surprise.

I know many won't agree with me, but there's something about games between NL West teams that absolutely bores me most of the time. Perhaps it's the mediocre teams around the division, but damn if I didn't think, "Boy, I can actually get stuff done tonight," when I saw these two were playing.

Yes, they are boring. In September, games between the Giants and Dodgers are much better.

Guest Smues

Oh my god they actually led off SportsCenter with Pujols and not Bonds. I'm impressed.

Guest Princess Leena

CENTRAL COAST BIAS.

Damn it, I go to my relative's for easter dinner, and end up missing the Cardinals game. M-maybe he'll hit 3 more tomorrow? Perhaps?

:(

I can't believe they led off with the Cardinals, not the Yankees, Bonds, Red Sox, Lakers, USC, Knicks, Patriots or T.O.

That's something.