TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

ESPN sucks, so do thread closers

I just think they're overplaying it.

His agent(granted isn't the most credible person) and Favre have come out and said it means nothing and they decide to dissect that.

I mean you could have Pinnochio say something, and his nose not grow and ESPN would spend 5 days dissecting if he told the truth or not.

Guest Vitamin X

You know, say all you want about ESPN, but as long as you avoid their "expert analysis" shows, they're decent enough.

You want to bitch about a horrible network, pick on Fox Sports. Fuck that channel, all regional iterations of it.

The difference between ESPN and Fox Sports, which is now MSG + in my area, is that ESPN carries important games from collegiate football and basketball, MLB, the NBA and NFL. I'm not a Devils or Islanders fan so I have no reason to ever tune into anything on the other network. If ESPN didn't have so many deals with the major leagues I'm sure less people would watch them too.

Anyone see PTI yesterday? I had it on but was on the phone for this segment:

"13-year-old girl named Alexis Rodriguez gets attacked by a hawk at Fenway". Have the Sox even played at Fenway yet? Weren't they in Oakland all week? They're certainly in Toronto now.

Guest Teal-y Dan

When I heard that Hawk Attacks A-Rod, my first thought was that Hawk Harrelson attacked Alex Rodriguez.

You know, say all you want about ESPN, but as long as you avoid their "expert analysis" shows, they're decent enough.

You want to bitch about a horrible network, pick on Fox Sports. Fuck that channel, all regional iterations of it.

The main problem I have with ESPN is that they carry so much weight with the average joe. I try to talk sports with someone I meet and they just regurgitate what they hear on ESPN. I don't like their BS influencing people.

Not to mention as a journalist I find most of the stuff they do appalling and offensive to my profession.

But as a journalist, wouldn't you want people to "regurgitate" what you've said in an argument. To have people think so highly of your word and your take on a certain sport that they'd claim your words/thoughts as their own little insight onto something?

You may hate ESPN, like we all do.. but in getting their view to the masses, ESPN is about as good as Hitler.

But as a journalist, wouldn't you want people to "regurgitate" what you've said in an argument. To have people think so highly of your word and your take on a certain sport that they'd claim your words/thoughts as their own little insight onto something?

You may hate ESPN, like we all do.. but in getting their view to the masses, ESPN is about as good as Hitler.

I guess if I was trying to further an agenda. I don't have an agenda though so they can say whatever they want.

Guest Teal-y Dan

Nowhere left to go!