TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

NHL 2006 Playoffs thread...

Chad Kilger signed with the Leafs to a multi-year contract.

How does that relate to the playoffs? :lol: :lol:

That joke was eight years in the making. :cheers:

Once positioning is set, a prediction thread could be in order, a la our golf pick'em.

Guest Sylvan Grenier

mapleleafs.com:

Why do you think the Leafs struggled so much against the Buffalo Sabres on Sunday afternoon?

Playoff dissapointment

Isn't this team partly owned by a teachers' union?

mapleleafs.com:

Why do you think the Leafs struggled so much against the Buffalo Sabres on Sunday afternoon?

Playoff dissapointment

Because Darcy Tucker is a cheapshot scumbag who the Sabres couldn't touch without risking suspension going into the playoffs...so they walked into the night where they were going to be crushed.

You don't outshoot a team 16-8 in the second period and then claim "playoff dissapointment".

They got beat...because a beating was coming...

And they couldn't get the one they desereved without hurting a team that is...you know...doing something this weekend.

Oh...and I haven't commented on this...but make NO MISTAKE that Tucker was laid out by a clean hit by Mike Grier...and then got up and went after the weakest person on the ice (Hecht) and went knee to knee like the little pussy that he is.

mapleleafs.com:

Playoff dissapointment

Correct. A very small percentage though.

Where's treble.

I don't really feel like talking about the Leafs anymore than anyone else wants to hear about them.

But they lost in Buffalo because they always lose in Buffalo.

mapleleafs.com:

Playoff dissapointment

Because Darcy Tucker is a cheapshot scumbag who the Sabres couldn't touch without risking suspension going into the playoffs...so they walked into the night where they were going to be crushed.

You don't outshoot a team 16-8 in the second period and then claim "playoff dissapointment".

They got beat...because a beating was coming...

And they couldn't get the one they desereved without hurting a team that is...you know...doing something this weekend.

So many ellipses and so so bitter. Of course the Leafs site is going to spin the loss, that's what it's for.

About the Tucker thing- get over it. You're in the playoffs, the Leafs aren't and everytime the Leafs came to Buffalo, they got their ass kicked.

Don't sound like an Islanders fan.

I find myself rooting against the Flyers tonight as if they win the division they get the Devils which would be a death sentence in the first round (home ice or not). Sadly, I have to root for a Rangers victory tonight as that guarantees either NY or Buffalo.

Of course if the defense does not learn how to stand people up at the blue line it really isn't going to matter

The ticker on The Score reads Canucks News Conference for 2 p.m. It may be a typo, as the Kings also have one this afternoon, where they'll announce the firing of Dave Taylor. Anyone heard anything re: the Canucks? Crawford, I suspect?

Wild one last night in Anaheim. The Mighty Burkes prevailed 4-3, but 102 penalty minutes handed out. It should be a great first round match-up.

Also, the Score's ticker read last night "Lightining fire AHL coach Dirk Graham; give him undetermined NHL job".

I just found that funny, reminding me of the Seinfeld where George tries to get fired to work for the Mets. Is any player more old school than Dirk? I'd say not.

Guest Princess Leena

Where's treble.

I don't really feel like talking about the Leafs anymore than anyone else wants to hear about them.

But they lost in Buffalo because they always lose in Buffalo.

No, no... I like to hear Leafs' fans squeal. :)

And yes, the Sabres pwn you. So bad. :)

Guest NYankees

A bad Rangers turnover leads to a Senators goal. Philly and NJ are losing as well.

Guest NYankees

LOL the Rangers almost gave up another goal with a double goal post show by the Senators. I dont think I have ever seen a puck hit both the left and right goal posts and not go in.

LOL the Rangers almost gave up another goal with a double goal post show by the Senators. I dont think I have ever seen a puck hit both the left and right goal posts and not go in.

That's the second one of those I've seen in a Sens game this SEASON.