TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

NHL 2006 Playoffs thread...

Sure, they can win titles, but they have fuck all for attendance...

They're the Florida Marlins of the NHL

Quoted for truth. I didn't realise how many Tampa got.

As I raised four weeks ago, what happens to Ward? Apart from Kipper, as was mentioned, Giguere, Irbe, Bulin and Kolzig all kind of had a Cup hangover.

Here's one: Who deserves a Cup the most now that BrindAmour has his? Kariya? Iginla? Roenick even? Cujo?

That was more of a continued refuting of KGB's statement from earlier

Hey, Bettman said it, not me.

I believe Sports Illustrated had the 'Canes finishing 28th out of the 30 NHL teams. They also said that the rule changes would HURT the 'Canes. Sports Illustrated knows NOTHING about hockey.

Haha your just figuring this out? SI doesn't know much about any sport. I love when they make preseason NFL prediction and then REVISE them mid-way through the year and STILL get them wrong!

I bet the old Whalers fans and the "Hockey belongs in the North only" crowd really loved it when Bettman said Karmanos had a dream that hockey would succeed in Carolina, and that he was right.

You agreed with it though

Yes, they did win the Cup there, but referring to continually being on the ass end of the NHL in terms of attendance is not what I would call "hockey succeeding in Carolina"

I bet the old Whalers fans and the "Hockey belongs in the North only" crowd really loved it when Bettman said Karmanos had a dream that hockey would succeed in Carolina, and that he was right.

You agreed with it though

Yes, they did win the Cup there, but referring to continually being on the ass end of the NHL in terms of attendance is not what I would call "hockey succeeding in Carolina"

Sorry about that. I meant that Bettman said Karmanos (Hurricanes owner) was right about hockey succeeding in Carolina.

I'm skeptical about Carolina increasing their fanbase, myself. The average Attendance at the RBC centre was 15 596 (83 % capacity), 21st in the league, despite the 'Canes having one of the best teams. It'll be interesting to see what happens to their attendance next year.

They sold out every game in the playoffs, so that's a good sign.

The problem with the 'Canes' attendance is they can't draw during the week. They were drawing 18,000 pretty frequently on the weekend, especially during the second half of the season, but were dipping down around 12-14K during the week.