TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

WWE Stock is up...

I would venture to say the more successful horror movies today tend to be mystery-horror/psychological horror than slasher flicks, which is what SNE is. Different sub-genres, if you will.

That was my first thought when I saw the trailer. The plot seems to be simply 'maniac tries to slaughter teens for some reason' which has been done before and with better directors, using a better or more experienced cast. Kane seems like he could do a pretty convincing job, but you get the feeling watching the trailer that it's been done a million times before and you've seen it those million times before. You know what's coming. Unlike the psychological horror films that'd have done well where there's more of an air of mystery and intrigue than just 'How's Kane gonna kill this guy?'

I think if this movie can make 10 million dollars in its first week then it will be a sucess. This is possible because Because the 1 million people needed to see this movie can be reached. There is a large chunk of people who see every movie (alteast in the Northeast), if the PPV fanbase goes: 250 to 500K. And others who like good ol fashion horror movies (not saying this movie is going to be good) then that is a do-able number.

Remember, Gigli had more people wanting to see it its second week because it was horrible.

BTW: if its good, it could turn into a cult classic and stick around forever, like Greek Wedding, but that would be more of a pipe dream.

Guest Super Pissed Smark

Gigli had a $3.7 million opening weekend and a final domestic total of $6 million. I don't see how that possibly indicates that more people wanted to see it its second week.

It seems highly doubtful this thing will crack $10 million in total, let alone the first week, unless The DaVinci Code and Over the Hedge turn out to be the two absolute worst movies ever made. I'm even kind of suprised that Lion's Gate would actually release this wide, since it might not even be able to recoup the cost of prints and advertising, but I guess they know what they're doing.

Although, you've really got to wonder why they're not opening it in December, so that it will be fresh in Academy voters' minds. :asshole2:

This movie will have a decent opening, probably around 7-10 million mark.

Man, I hope so.

I really want it to do really well, and I want Kane in character on all the talkshows, doing press meetings, all that jazz.

But, man, if this does well, and I honestly believe it has a chance, then Cena's does.... resonably decent, then we might get some more whcky ass WWE Films. I already can't wit for them.

:huh:

The fuck's wrong with me?