TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Axel segments for HeldDown

This one is just being edited in to the top of the show...

The GM appears at the entrance way, not with a inviting smile, not with a look of sadness, and not even with a look of horniness.  Instead, Axel is very serious tonight.  He acknowledges the fans on the way down to the ramp, something he very rarely does.  The Columbus crowd is about 80-20 for the General Manager, and while the boos win out; you can still hear faint cheers from those that have followed Axel all his career.

BUFFER
Ladies and Gentlemen please welcome a former two-time OAOAST Champion, and current General Manager of HeldDown…. AAAAAAAAAAXXXEEEEEELLLLL!!!

Axel walks up the ring steps and enters the squared circle.  A mic already in his hand, the monkeys in the truck (© Chris Jericho) cut his music, and he begins to address the crowd.

AXEL
Now, most of you are probably wondering why I’m out here right now instead of at the very, very special OAOAST Board Meeting tonight.  Well, I’m about to leave this arena to attend that meeting.  But first, I wanted to address two things regarding what turned out to be last Tuesday night, at OAOAST Living Angleously.  Last TUESDAY night.  Two days after the advertised date.  Now, I, along with the Board of Directors, put together one hell of an April Pay Per View for you fans.  I’m not in charge of Pay Per Views, but I sure as hell had input in this one.  I booked matches, I promoted the event, and it was on my ass that it went off without a hitch.    Now, some members of the roster decided to hold off on giving you fans what you paid to see.  Some guys in the back decided to show up late for Living Angleously.  

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

AXEL
As a result of that, the Pay Per View had to be cancelled, and held Two. Bloody. Days after the advertised date, screwing not only the fans in Indianapolis, but screwing this company as well.  As a result of that, the members of the locker room who decided to show up late, will be punished.  They will be punished severely.  Not one.  Not two.  Not five.  Not ten.  Fifteen Thousand Dollars each.  For a couple of those guys, that’s more than they made actually showing up.  For the others, that’s not much of a hit, but its enough that they know who they’re screwing with.  So congratulations boys, that money will be coming out of your pay packet immediately.  Well done.

COLE
Strong words from the GM, and even stronger punishments!

COACH
We can’t reveal who the offending roster members were, but I can assure you, they’re in the back right now, and they’re absolutely fuming!

AXEL
Now, on to the second matter.  You see, a little over two weeks ago, I conducted an interview with Josh Matthews, where I announced two matches for Living Angleously.  A HI-YAH Tag Team Championship that went ahead without a hitch.  And another match, a singles match that I spent WEEKS preparing.  I spent WEEKS negotiating with HI-YAH to have this singles match, and I promoted it as a ‘Dream Match’.  You know the one I’m talking about.  The former Twenty-Four Seven Champion, Tha Puerto Rican, versus the greatest X-Division Champion of all time, and a good friend of mine, AJ Flaire.

Mild cheers for the mention of Flaire’s name, as Axel continues.

AXEL
Now, AJ showed up earlier than most.  He showed up in the early afternoon Sunday.  He was ready, he was eager, and he was damn excited about wrestling on Pay Per View again, especially in such a high profile match, and one that I knew would be a classic.  AJ was ready.  I then get a call.  Not from PR himself, oh no.  I get a call from a member of PR’s management firm.  The guys that handle his bookings, his money, that sort of crap.  Now, PR has a history of being late to, well, pretty much everything.  But this was different.  The manager then informed me that not only was PR not going to be at Living Angleously to give EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU what you paid to see, but he was taking up an offer to perform elsewhere.  Well Rocky Lite, you have NO. IDEA. Who you just screwed over.  Not only did you screw over AJ Flaire.  Not only did you screw over HI-YAH for providing AJ Flaire.  Not only did you screw EVERY SINGLE OAOAST FAN!!!

COACH
Joey Styles eat your heart out guys!

CABOOSE
Give up.  Now.

Axel pauses, as the fans start to actually cheer his revelations.

AXEL
…you screwed me.  Big Red X.  You want to ruin a match I booked?  You want to ruin a month’s work?  You don’t even have the common *bleep*ing courtesy to inform me yourself?  Let me tell you, four weeks ago, I called PR.  I said ‘PR, what do you think.  Tha Puerto Rican versus AJ Flaire at the Pay Per View.  Are you in?’  And he said ‘boss, I’m honoured.  I can’t wait.  The contract is signed; it’s faxed to you now.  I’m ready boss, give me the ball.  Give me the opportunity to step up.’  And I said ‘Well PR, here it is.  Like me, like many before me, you get the chance to step up a notch with a win at Living Angleously.  Don’t disappoint me.’  And that was that.  I announced the match, it was all set.  You want to go back on your word to me?  You don’t even want to show up when the Pay Per View is cancelled and done two days later?  Well, you made a mistake.  You disappointed me.  You screwed me.  So, I’m doing this for your own good as much as anyone’s, because I know if I see your sorry 50 finisher ass in the hall in the next few weeks, I swear to god it’ll be on.  PR, since you didn’t want to show up for these fans last week, then you won’t be showing up while the calendar says ‘May’.  You are hereby suspended for a month, without pay.  And when you come back, if you don’t improve, if you don’t show everyone here the respect they deserve by showing up to your matches, showing up to your interviews, and showing up to your appearances, a suspension will be the least of your worries.  

COLE
…WOW.

AXEL
And with that out of the way, I have a meeting to attend.  Let those two matters be an example to anyone else who decides to screw with who’s in charge; you will pay.

“I’m on a High” hits, and Axel exits the ring, adjusting his suit, and walking back up the ramp.  Exiting the arena quickly, the crowd try to take in what they just heard.

COLE
Well that was certainly unexpected, but you have to give the GM credit for being honest with the fans on those matters and getting them out in the open!  He’s not taking any shtick from the boys in the back!

CABOOSE
Hey, some guys did the wrong thing, and they got punished.  It’d be the same in any other working environment.  Axel did the right thing here, and it was clear that he took those matters personally because of his involvement.

COACH
But come on guys, no PR for a month?  That’s a travesty!  That’s awful!  Unheard of!  Shocking!

JR
GOOD GOLD ALMIGHTY AXEL IS A CRAZY SON OF A BITCH!

COLE
…well that was random.  We’ll be back!

And there will be another one coming in a short amount of time.

This can go in the middle of the show, that is, unless you wanted to put something else in the middle of the show. One more segment to come.

COLE
As we said earlier, tonight Axel is involved in a very special meeting of the OAOAST Board of Directors.  Our man Josh Matthews is standing by at that very meeting to bring us the latest.  Josh?

*We cut to J-Math standing in front of a guarded and locked door at what looks like a office building of some description*

J-MATH
Guys, I’m here about five minutes from HeldDown where the One and Only Anglesault Thread Board of Directors have been meeting all day to discuss the future of this very company.  OAOAST President Bill Watts left the meeting around a half an hour ago, and the General Manager of HeldDown entered soon after.  I’m told by a member of the board that conclusions will be reached by the end of the night on the future of OAOAST Management.  Back to Triple C in the arena.

COLE
Thanks Josh, and guys, what could the board be discussing?

CABOOSE
Well Cole, we haven’t really had a meeting such as this in the history of the company, normally things are decided by stipulations in matches and such, but as you may have noticed, in the last few months a lot of things have been happening to make the board believe that perhaps something needs to change.  Pay Per Views being held days late, civil wars, invasions, I’m wondering what the outcome of tonight is going to be.

As Caboose finishes, the ‘Generic OAOAST Music’ hits in the arena, causing everyone to be somewhat surprised.  They are even more surprised to see who’s here though… it’s OAOAST President Bill Watts!

COLE
The President is here!

The crowd cheer the boss, as Watts makes his way to the ring, slapping a few hands, and entering the battle ground.  He grabs a mic from ringside, and claps the fans for their appreciation for a second.

WATTS
You know, I came out here tonight to make a very special announcement.  I know I’m not around here much, being back at the office and all, but this announcement had to be said in front of the fans.  I’ve been the President of this Company for a long time now, and I’ve seen so many young stars come through this place.  From its founders, like CobainWasMurdered.

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAH!”

WATTS
AngleSault.

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHBOOO!”

WATTS
To guys Zack Malibu.

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAHHH!”

WATTS
Tony Brannigan and Dan Black, Black T.

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHH!”

WATTS
And yes, even Hoff and Drek Stone.

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!”

WATTS
I’ve seen some great stars.

Watts pauses, and looks around the crowd, almost with a sadness in his eyes.

COLE
What’s this about, guys?

CABOOSE
Old bastard didn’t mention me.

WATTS
..but, as with all things in life, sometimes things just have to end.

COLE
What?  What does Watts mean by that?

WATTS
I’ve been thinking about this for a while, and after giving the board my thoughts tonight, we came to a conclusion.  The conclusion that I will resign as President of the OAOAST.

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!”

TRIPLE C
:O

WATTS
Now, before anyone screams conspiracy, it was my decision.  I’ve been doing this for long enough.  But, I will stay on as President until the Board appoint a new guy.  And that’s up to the Board, and the Stockholders.  I don’t know when a new President will be appointed, and I don’t know who it will be.  But until that day comes, I’m honoured to continue as OAOAST President for you, the OAOAST fans.

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAH!”

WATTS
Thank you, goodnight, and perhaps, goodbye.

The Generic OAOAST music hits again, as the Columbus crowd stand shocked at the revelation.  Triple C are shocked too, they haven’t said a thing since the announcement.

COLE
…I’m speechless guys.  This shakes everything up.  Bill Watts resigning?  A new President being appointed?  This is insane!

CABOOSE
The next few weeks, and months are going to be a wild ride, that’s for sure guys.

COACH
Hey, maybe I can be President!

CABOOSE
Don’t scare me like that.

COLE
We gotta go to a commercial break!  What a revelation!  HeldDown will be back!

Try and put this after the Main if you can. But if not, just put it near the end of the show.

*We cut to Josh Matthews, who is still outside the Board meeting*

J-MATH
No sign of any movement yet guys, but what a revelation earlier tonight!  Bill Watts, resigning?  That’s a major shake-up to the OAOAST!  I’ll be updating you on OAOAST-dot-come throughout the ev-

Just as J-Math is signing off, Axel bursts through the door in a state of ANGER~!

J-MATH
Axel!  Axel!  What was the result of the meeting?  Can you give us any comment on the future of the OAOAST?

Axel looks at Josh, snatches his mic, and SHOVES him down like a rag doll!

AXEL
What was the result?  WHAT WAS THE RESULT?  Because of the idiocy, because of the unprofessionalism displayed by certain members of the OAOAST Roster at Living Angleously, and because of the Pay Per View being suspended for two days, guess what?  I just got relieved of my position as General Manager of HeldDown.  You know what that means?  Not only am I pissed off, but I’m a member of the active roster again.  And whoever it is that the board find to run this damn company, I’m going to make sure that they have a Presidency that’s never forgotten.  Show over.

Axel throws the mic at Josh’s fallen form and walks out of the shot, as HeldDown goes off the air.

Sign in to follow this