TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boon

Pilsbury Doughboy Kidnapped

(CBS4) PLAISTOW, NH A four-foot tall Pillsbury Doughboy, which proudly watched over a New Hampshire supermarket for 20 years, has been kidnapped. And what a wild ride he’s been on; his captors have been chronicling his plight in a series of ransom notes and photos.

The Doughboy stood atop the dairy aisle at the Market Basket in Plaistow for decades. Employees considered him their store mascot. But, the store in Stateline Plaza is now closing, and the Doughboy’s captor claims to be a loyal customer trying to stop the shutdown.

How somebody snatched the four-foot tall Styrofoam statue is still a mystery. He disappeared on April 15. Immediately, the pictures started coming in the mail, complete with notes detailing Doughboy’s daily doings.

In the first note, mailed from Manchester, the captors wrote, “if you close the store, the Pillsbury Dough Boy will be baked.” The accompanying picture showed the mascot wearing a blindfold.

Since then the photos have arrived every couple of days. The Doughboy started looking for a new job, first at Dairy Queen, then Winnekenni Castle in Haverhill, at a local fire station, and even Skip’s Hamburgers. Unable to find new employment, the Doughboy hit a low point; he started drinking and taking in shows at a local strip club.

More recent photo shows the Doughboy at Hampton Beach and Canobie Lake Park. The notes have all been mailed from different places, typed in different font sizes, style, and colors.

CBS4's Sera Congi was at the store Thursday when the managers opened the most recent note. It contained photos of the Doughboy outside the Market Basket down the street.

As for the Plaistow police, they are not investigating. The store hasn’t filed a report. The pictures from the Doughboy's ransom letters are all posted in the store, along with a note promising a reward for his return.

Employees are just hoping that when the store closes for good on Saturday, they will be reunited with their faithful friend.

http://cbs4boston.com/topstories/local_story_124112223.html

Check the link for ransom photos.

#1 This is my hometown.

#2 My sister is one of the people who kidnapped it.

Guest The Satanic Angel
Strawberry fluff!

Strawberry fluff was quite the disappointment.

Kind of like this story..

I'm sure this isn't considered fluff by the Pillsbury family. They're probably worried sick about the little guy.

And isn't the Pillsbury Doughboy a veteran of World War I? Come on, have some compassion here, people.

Here is the follow-up to this story:

It is with the saddest heart that I must pass on the following news. Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment community. The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71.

Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin.

Dozens of celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry Jack, the California Raisins. Betty Crocker, and Captain Crunch. The grave site was piled high with flours. Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded, . Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes. Despite being a little flaky at times, he was still a crusty old man and was considered a roll model for millions.

Doughboy is survived by his wife. Play Dough, and two children, John Dough and Jane Dough, plus they had a bun in the oven. He is also survived by his elderly dad, Pop Tart, and an estranged brother on the west coast, Sour Dough. The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.

Old, but for once I can pull this one out of the mothballs.

And isn't the Pillsbury Doughboy a veteran of World War I?

I just got this.

They just showed on Headline News that the stupid thing was returned although no one was fessing up and the store owner was blaming it on kids playing a prank.

Really? Kids playing a prank!?

And here I thought it was a group of organized terrorists.

Was it given back? If not, I suggest keeping it and Ebay it. Do you know how much someone would pay for that?